The Student Room Group

Boys, what do you think of girls who like football?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't believe them
Honestly couldn't give a damn. I don't care whether you're a dude, girl, animal or Alien if you like football and talk sensibly then we will get along.
Reply 42
Original post by bluester
girlfriend who loves football? that would be fantastic! :biggrin:, but would be nice if we didn't support the same team so I could continue being at the game with my mates

you risk a fight this way :tongue:. If your team wins against her team...
Reply 43
Original post by Plainview
I don't believe them

why so? :tongue:
I like any girl who'll talk to me
Reply 45
Original post by Aniaa
why cute? :smile:

Well football is a men sport, as you can imagine some blokes sitting in a pub drinking stella and eating pringles while watching the match.
But you got to be pretty unique for a girl to do that as well, therefore thats what it makes it cute.
Reply 46
don't think anything of it but don't make me watch football because I need time to evaluate
Neutral
Reply 48
Original post by Cashmee
Well football is a men sport, as you can imagine some blokes sitting in a pub drinking stella and eating pringles while watching the match.
But you got to be pretty unique for a girl to do that as well, therefore thats what it makes it cute.

ohh okay :3. Yeah I can understand its kinda cute. Pity my bf doesnt like that xD
Reply 49
It will be interested to see sok (cbs to spell) does. He comes across as your archetypical no nonsense hoof ball all the time English defender in the few games I've seen him. Completely contradictory to Dortmund.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Aniaa
you risk a fight this way :tongue:. If your team wins against her team...

true.... we may have to support teams that would never play eachother then! (if she supports Barcelona or something!)
Reply 51
true.... we may have to support teams that would never play eachother then! (if she supports Barcelona or something!)

what team do you support?
Reply 52
Original post by Aniaa
what team do you support?

Wycombe - so no risk of champions league ties!!!!
Reply 53
If its genuine then she is a treasure to be held onto.
Reply 54
Original post by 419
It will be interested to see sok (cbs to spell) does. He comes across as your archetypical no nonsense hoof ball all the time English defender in the few games I've seen him. Completely contradictory to Dortmund.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what? I didnt get it :frown:(
Reply 55
Wycombe - so no risk of champions league ties!!!!

maybe one day :tongue:. You know, noone ever expected any Polish team to play in Europa League xD
Reply 56
Original post by Malevolent
Honestly couldn't give a damn. I don't care whether you're a dude, girl, animal or Alien if you like football and talk sensibly then we will get along.

Perfect answer. Surely that is what matters regardless of your sex?

I've had the "it's weird you know about football" comment thrown at me a few times but is it really weird? It's just something i love and have a passion for, just like the same passion someone might have for films or other hobbies. I don't see the point in only having half an interest in something you enjoy because it's a male dominated sport, if you enjoy it then why not embrace it all you can? There is nothing to say females should only know so much and males should know more. It shouldn't matter who you are.
Honestly, I wouldn't care less. I do wish that some female footballers do more though to get across the message of equality and say it is NOT a mens - only sport. That's like saying only women do horse riding.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Perfect answer. Surely that is what matters regardless of your sex?

I've had the "it's weird you know about football" comment thrown at me a few times but is it really weird? It's just something i love and have a passion for, just like the same passion someone might have for films or other hobbies. I don't see the point in only having half an interest in something you enjoy because it's a male dominated sport, if you enjoy it then why not embrace it all you can?

Weird makes it sound like a bad thing but it's certainly not the norm. you're in the minority (I've noticed your posts and you're clearly v. knowledgeable), most women either aren't into football or are just casual fans, or just like a player cos of how sexy he is. Very, very few could actually discuss it properly. That's not a criticism of women it's just a fact. Look at the make up of match day attendances, mostly male supporters.

Maybe women get put off a bit from getting into it because of the tribal mentality of male football fans & sexism. Who knows.

There is nothing to say females should only know so much and males should know more. It shouldn't matter who you are.

:yy:
Reply 59
Original post by Aniaa
what? I didnt get it :frown:(

Lol was meant to post that in the Dortmund thread. Some voodoo **** moved it here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest