The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by scottylar
started to read the Cox and Foreshaw one but really wasn't keen so gave up halfway through! I'd recommend Richard Feynman - QED instead, covers the same content in a much more friendly way, loved it :smile:

QED is a brilliant book, if you liked it then Six Easy Pieces and Six Not So Easy Pieces are a good read.
Reply 961
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ta, I'll try and get hold of them :smile:
Has anybody had an interview at Exeter yet? :smile:
Reply 963
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, was pretty informal. Just asked about my interests in physics really
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, was pretty informal. Just asked about my interests in physics really

That's cool then. Any sort of problem solving questions or just a general chat really?
Original post by LucyW456
Oh right cool, good luck with your exeter interview! Which other uni's did you apply for apart from those 2? Oh right I'm going for a visit day on the 4th Dec because I haven't seen it yet, I'm real excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham Bristol and Nottingham Trent, we might both end up at Birmingham then :wink: I thought it was real nice, I know people that didn't but it's their loss :P
Reply 966
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah asked me a couple of little things but nothing major!
started to read the Cox and Foreshaw one but really wasn't keen so gave up halfway through! I'd recommend Richard Feynman - QED instead, covers the same content in a much more friendly way, loved it :smile:

Awesome thank you so much! They're all going on the Christmas list :wink: I've watched videos of Feynman's lectures and he's brilliant!
Original post by charlotte9634
Has anybody had an interview at Exeter yet? :smile:

Mines on the 21st! Whens yours?
Original post by anniedavies
Mines on the 21st! Whens yours?

Mines this Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got a visit day at Southampton mine is on next Saturday. Also anyone else doing the scholarship exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 971
Anyone had a Manchester interview yet?
I was meant to go on the 5th but I've had to postpone it to January...
Reply 972
Also, anyone have an open day at UCL on the 21st this month? :biggrin:
Reply 973
Original post by xsindy
Anyone had a Manchester interview yet?
I was meant to go on the 5th but I've had to postpone it to January...

I've had an interview at Manchester, last Thursday. A few other people on this thread have too.
Reply 974
Original post by Moist Penguin
Anyone got a visit day at Southampton mine is on next Saturday. Also anyone else doing the scholarship exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a interview at Southampton on the Saturday 16th and I'm going to try the scholarship exam. Hey nice to meet you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rmatthewc
Durham Bristol and Nottingham Trent, we might both end up at Birmingham then :wink: I thought it was real nice, I know people that didn't but it's their loss :P

oh righty, I live in Bristol so if you have any questions about the place then feel free to ask! yeh I have a really good feeling about Birmingham despite never being to the uni, it would be cool if we ended up at the same place :biggrin: my offer came through on ucas today which was so exciting, my first offer :smile:)) yeh true :P
Original post by heather_2
I have a interview at Southampton on the Saturday 16th and I'm going to try the scholarship exam. Hey nice to meet you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Moist Penguin

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh me too- visit day this Saturday and sitting the scholarship exam- which i'm pretty worried about, i'm definitely not going to get it but I don't want to get 0 marks :s-smilie:
Original post by ExcitinglyMundane
I did my PAT test on Wednesday, and I need to wait and see if I've got myself an interview...

You've got a little while to decide yet.

What's your favourite area of physics?

oh right how did you think the PAT went?
yeh I guess, it's such a big decision so i'm too scared to make it :s-smilie:
Astrophysics :biggrin: all the courses I've applied for are physics and astrophysics or physics and astronomy :smile: you?
Original post by LucyW456
oh righty, I live in Bristol so if you have any questions about the place then feel free to ask! yeh I have a really good feeling about Birmingham despite never being to the uni, it would be cool if we ended up at the same place :biggrin: my offer came through on ucas today which was so exciting, my first offer :smile:)) yeh true :P

Yeah my grades were A* A (in maths and physics, no order) and an A in chemistry, which might be a struggle cause I'm not great at chem :/ woo first offers always exciting! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rmatthewc
Yeah my grades were A* A (in maths and physics, no order) and an A in chemistry, which might be a struggle cause I'm not great at chem :/ woo first offers always exciting! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh mine were like that too but I do geography not chemistry, I think an A* is possible for me in maths but i'm not sure, and i'm seriously worried I won't make an A in geography- it would be so frustrating if I don't get a place to study physics cus I get a B in flippin geography :s-smilie: yeh i'm still on a high, it's just such a nice thought that someone wants me hehe :P umm Durham, Sheffield, Leeds and Southampton, I have no favourite yet though :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending