The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by glelin96
I have an offer for LSE and an offer for an interview at Harvard. Should I receive the offer for Harvard I'm not too sure what I should do. I have no problem with the tuition fees, and feel it will offer me more in regards to prospects. I just don't know if I'm up for moving to the states yet, Anyone done it before who can offer advice?

Harvard basically trumps everything. LSE is still amazing though. Congratulations either way.
Reply 2
It's a tough one, but still, the prospect of attending the best uni in the world does sound kinda appealing :wink: besides, living abroad would be a fantastic experience! :biggrin:

Congrats on the offer and best of luck with the Harvard interview! :top:
I have an offer for LSE and an offer for an interview at Harvard. Should I receive the offer for Harvard I'm not too sure what I should do. I have no problem with the tuition fees, and feel it will offer me more in regards to prospects. I just don't know if I'm up for moving to the states yet, Anyone done it before who can offer advice?

For the American application process, an interview - unlike the Oxbridge process - does not mean that you have "made it to the second round." In most cases, an offer for an interview does not reflect how competitive your application is and has nothing to do with a guarantee of whether or not you will be admitted.

So technically, you don't have to choose yet. Harvard's offer will be unconditional if you do get it (like all other American universities) and will be given mid-December if you applied Early Action, and late March if you applied Regular Decision.

Go for the interview and see what happens!

Congrats! How have you already received an offer from LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
LSE!
Reply 6
I know how the process works. My invitation for an interview is merely a formality. My cousin is the interviewer. Ha!
Still have to go through the process though; can't be seen to be unfair now can it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Applied last Tuesday and got an offer on the Thursday. Happy days!
Reply 8
Now have my offer for Harvard as well. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't get it to be honest! D:
Reply 9
Now have my offer for Harvard as well. Was kinda hoping I wouldn't get it to be honest! D:

You are amazing... Any special talents that u hv?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Loretta_8
You are amazing... Any special talents that u hv?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright grades, internships, contacts and extra curriculars. It isn't hard if you put in a hell of a lot of effort :smile:
Alright grades, internships, contacts and extra curriculars. It isn't hard if you put in a hell of a lot of effort :smile:

If you don't mind, can you please tell your gcse, As and A level predicted grades. Congrats on your offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
10A*'s and an A at GCSE, aaaab at AS and predicted A*A*A*A
What a levels are u doing sir and what course have you applied to ?
Reply 14
Offers are not given out for Harvard yet.
Reply 15
Exceptional circumstances excluded. The alumni interviewer I had is a relative, so although the offer isn't official I've been told I can attend should I want to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
This is how far knowing people gets you, everyone.
like woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#Congrats

What did you apply to study?
Reply 18
Wow, I'd really love to have your problems! :tongue: But congratulations!
Anyway, I'd go for Harvard - for the whole "college experience" ... even though LSE obviously is great too
Reply 19
Original post by Mike_123
This is how far knowing people gets you, everyone.

this

disgraceful really