The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Original post by tasha96
I'm not. :frown: And thank you. :hugs: I'm just panicking about everything. :frown: And they're telling me to run from it all but I cant. There's nowhere safe to run to. :frown:

:hugs: Running away won't solve anything I'm afraid. Is there anyone around you can talk to/get a hug from? Try and stay calm and don't let the voices get to you (although I appreciate how hard that must be :console:).

Original post by Kindred
I don't know what to do. I don't know if I can handle uni. I can't even seem to take care of myself most of the time. I'm so stuck. All I ever thought of myself doing is going to uni and getting a good job, but I don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I can even pass this year. I don't think I can manage taking care of myself and my work. It's just too much. I'm too weak to manage everything.

:console: Are you getting any kind of support from uni? If not I'd strongly recommend seeing your disability support office or personal tutor and saying that you're struggling. And if you already have access to support, make sure you're making full use of it, or ask for something different if it isn't helping. You can make it through uni, and asking for help is not a sign of weakness. :nah:
Original post by Sabertooth
Don't run. You're safest where you are at the moment. They're lying to you again, they want to harm you so don't listen to them.

Decided not to and I've hidden my shoes. They're screaming at me. :cry2:
Reply 9922
Might it be worth talking to your doctor for some kind of therapy or even a change in medication? The "laziness" you're describing could be depression, not bothering to do anything is a symptom. It might be your medication isn't working well. You could also get a doctor's note to give to your uni - that way you can get extensions on work and they won't punish you for missing lectures.

I dunno really, I did start CBT at one point but the therapist decided that I wasn't stable enough to continue. I also have this bad habit of missing meds every few days or so, I had actually taken all for the last 2-3 days but I've failed again. I struggle to sleep too, my room happens to be quite bright as there are floodlights pointing at the windows :mad: although much better since the beginning as 3 of the 4 have stopped working :biggrin:. Even then I've resorted to covering the window with paper in order to stop the light coming in. I think I will look at getting a doctor's note, although I need to apply for DSA too.

Original post by IDukem
It has taken quite a while with people leaving/hiatuses (sorrrrrry) and just lakc of activity in genera; :smile: Yeah the last 3 (I believe) I was in took about 3 months or so. Who's creating the next one?

I'm feeling a lot brighter now than I did last week where I kinda didn't feel too good :smile: How about yourself? :smile:

Sounds good :smile: I've been struggling for a while but the last few days have generally shown some improvement. Now tomorrow I have a really long day and I need to make sure I get enough sleep for it.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Running away won't solve anything I'm afraid. Is there anyone around you can talk to/get a hug from? Try and stay calm and don't let the voices get to you (although I appreciate how hard that must be :console:).

I wish it would because it feels like the safest bet. :frown: Decided not to though. :hugs:
No, everybody is in bed. :frown:
Reply 9924
Original post by avhhs

Sounds good :smile: I've been struggling for a while but the last few days have generally shown some improvement. Now tomorrow I have a really long day and I need to make sure I get enough sleep for it.

Well i'm glad things seem to be improving and |I hope that keeps on improving to bigger and better heights :h: Rest up, tackle the day ahead tomorrow and good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by tasha96
Decided not to and I've hidden my shoes. They're screaming at me. :cry2:

:hugs: You're making the right choice not to run. It's awful when they're screaming at you but remember they can't hurt you. They can threaten and shout but there's nothing physical they can do to you, that's why they try to get you to do stuff: only you can hurt yourself not them.
Original post by rmhumphries
Delivery will be Monday morning if they are shut at the weekend. I imagine that 11:30 is a guide time for you to pop in, delivery is likely to be fairly soon after opening, but then they need to unpack/sort the delivery and so-on. If it is easier to go earlier, you can pop in and ask if they have them ready, however if you can I will go around noon.

aslong as they dont want me before that time or on the dot im fine :yep:
seem to be really struggling in the mornings atm :frown:
in fact just seem to be struggling in general the last few weeks :s-smilie:

Original post by IDukem
Quick!? This has been fairly slow in my opinion in comparison the the previous threads :redface: Maybe that's just me though :tongue:
I think someone who's been a regular deserves that role (cause I haven't) :yep:

oh my bad, im sure this one only got started a month or so a go, but apparently it got started beggining on may, my brain really has lost the plot :yep:

i vote superwolf :ninja:
Original post by avhhs
I dunno really, I did start CBT at one point but the therapist decided that I wasn't stable enough to continue. I also have this bad habit of missing meds every few days or so, I had actually taken all for the last 2-3 days but I've failed again. I struggle to sleep too, my room happens to be quite bright as there are floodlights pointing at the windows :mad: although much better since the beginning as 3 of the 4 have stopped working :biggrin:. Even then I've resorted to covering the window with paper in order to stop the light coming in. I think I will look at getting a doctor's note, although I need to apply for DSA too.

Antidepressants don't work unless you take them every day. Could you set an alarm to go off every evening to remind you to take them?
:hugs: You're making the right choice not to run. It's awful when they're screaming at you but remember they can't hurt you. They can threaten and shout but there's nothing physical they can do to you, that's why they try to get you to do stuff: only you can hurt yourself not them.

It's just so much easier to do what they say. :frown:
Original post by tasha96
It's just so much easier to do what they say. :frown:

Yes it is but easiness doesn't mean right. Most things with the biggest payoffs are hard.
Reply 9930
Original post by IDukem
Well i'm glad things seem to be improving and |I hope that keeps on improving to bigger and better heights :h: Rest up, tackle the day ahead tomorrow and good luck! :biggrin:

Antidepressants don't work unless you take them every day. Could you set an alarm to go off every evening to remind you to take them?

I find the time I eat in the evenings is really random, so it is kinda hard to set an alarm. Although I just checked that it can be taken on an empty stomach which was what I was worried about, so I think problem solved :biggrin:.

How are you doing? :smile:
Original post by tasha96
I wish it would because it feels like the safest bet. :frown: Decided not to though. :hugs:
No, everybody is in bed. :frown:

Is there anything that helps you feel more safe, like snuggling up in a duvet/sleeping bag and pretending to be a worm (not that I ever do that... :worm:)? Or watching ridiculously cute Japanese cartoons, or drinking soup or tea, or looking at silly kitties on youtube, or playing simple-yet-addictive video games...

Dino Run

Infectonator

Ok so those two examples are *slightly* apocalyptic, but they's good games. :yep:
Original post by avhhs

Depend on the med, then even missing one day can cause a dip - missing multiple days often will reduce their effectiveness drastically. Why do you struggle to take them? Can you set an alarm reminding you to take them?

In regards to the light, can you ask your hall management for a thicker curtain / blind due to the light?

Original post by PonchoKid
aslong as they dont want me before that time or on the dot im fine :yep:
seem to be really struggling in the mornings atm :frown:
in fact just seem to be struggling in general the last few weeks :s-smilie:

oh my bad, im sure this one only got started a month or so a go, but apparently it got started beggining on may, my brain really has lost the plot :yep:

i vote superwolf :ninja:

Na, it certainly won't be a 'before this time'. Every time me or Wolfy has got a 'we owe you meds' note, it has just been come any time you are free after <day/time> - you can pick them up later in the week assuming you don't need them urgently if you wanted.
Yes it is but easiness doesn't mean right. Most things with the biggest payoffs are hard.

Yeah. :s-smilie: I just want it all to stop. :frown:
Original post by avhhs
I find the time I eat in the evenings is really random, so it is kinda hard to set an alarm. Although I just checked that it can be taken on an empty stomach which was what I was worried about, so I think problem solved :biggrin:.

How are you doing? :smile:

One of the medications I'm on needs to be taken after food so after I eat I take it. It's just a case of getting into a routine then you'll remember. But if it doesn't need to be taken with food I'd advise an alarm of some kind, or even put them next to your toothbrush and when you brush your teeth at night you should remember to take it if it's right there.

I'm pretty good thanks. :smile: Seem to have stumbled upon a medication combo which works well with very few side effects so I'm happy about that.
Original post by tasha96
Yeah. :s-smilie: I just want it all to stop. :frown:

Hang on in there and hopefully when you start the clozapine you'll feel better. :hugs: I know it's hard but keep going, you can do it.
Original post by superwolf
Is there anything that helps you feel more safe, like snuggling up in a duvet/sleeping bag and pretending to be a worm (not that I ever do that... :worm:)? Or watching ridiculously cute Japanese cartoons, or drinking soup or tea, or looking at silly kitties on youtube, or playing simple-yet-addictive video games...

Dino Run

Infectonator

Ok so those two examples are *slightly* apocalyptic, but they's good games. :yep:

I sometimes hide down the side of my bed and make a nest out of pillows and blankets. :colondollar: I'll probably do that in a little bit. :colondollar:
Watching something funny. :yep:
Oooh thank you for the games! :hugs:
Original post by rmhumphries
Na, it certainly won't be a 'before this time'. Every time me or Wolfy has got a 'we owe you meds' note, it has just been come any time you are free after <day/time> - you can pick them up later in the week assuming you don't need them urgently if you wanted.

thats ok, because i probably wont even be awake :s-smilie: especially if tonight goes how i think its going to end up going :sad:

they just confuse me, back home we just get the meds from the surgery so its easy :yep: but it seems in towns and cities they use pharmacies which is a scary prospect for lil old me :frown: especially when there are other customers and the pharmacist tells me loudly that they only have 10 fluoexetine, and if anyone in there happened to know what that was, i didnt think it was very fair :frown:
Original post by IDukem
My ickle FireFlies :hugs:

I know right!? Everytime you come back on the thread, i'm on hiatus and vice-versa it seems :teehee: I'm doing good and yeah i've had some...bumps...in the road, but i'm trying to keep it together at the seems :biggrin:

I hope life is treating you well? :smile:

:hugs:

Tell me about it :P sowrrrryyyy! I barely post here these days :colondollar:.. Glad your doing alright :smile: you'll get through these bumps and get out the other side :yep:

I'm still here aren't i :P that's about all I can say right now :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
thats ok, because i probably wont even be awake :s-smilie: especially if tonight goes how i think its going to end up going :sad:

they just confuse me, back home we just get the meds from the surgery so its easy :yep: but it seems in towns and cities they use pharmacies which is a scary prospect for lil old me :frown: especially when there are other customers and the pharmacist tells me loudly that they only have 10 fluoexetine, and if anyone in there happened to know what that was, i didnt think it was very fair :frown:

Doesn't sound like the best pharmacy - whenever I have had a medication which they don't have any / the full amount, then they just call me over, and then say "We {don't have any / only have <n>} of this item (points to item on script), is it ok if we order it in and it will arrive on {day}".

Can you see if there is a smaller pharmacy near by which is less busy than the pharmacy at the GP surgery? Either that, or the pharmacies in supermarkets are usually quiet, as you drop off your script, go do your shopping, and then pick up the meds at the end. Usually open until like 10pm if you don't like busy supermarkets.

One of the medications I'm on needs to be taken after food so after I eat I take it. It's just a case of getting into a routine then you'll remember. But if it doesn't need to be taken with food I'd advise an alarm of some kind, or even put them next to your toothbrush and when you brush your teeth at night you should remember to take it if it's right there.

I'm pretty good thanks. :smile: Seem to have stumbled upon a medication combo which works well with very few side effects so I'm happy about that.

This is good advice :yy:

Latest