The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by ErHi?
LSE, even though they are a world class institution, should understand we do have 4 other options that will have slightly different courses! my worry is the same as yours but we won't know until we get an offer, or a rejection with the feedback our PS weren't tailored towards them!

Same for you, keep me updated on it, follow me on twitter @ramisayazd or add me on facebook Ramisa Yazdani Biouki ...

We're in this together and they're different courses so no competition!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by frenchstud74
That's so weird, my 2 weeks ended up few days ago and I still didn't receive nothing from IR / Politics and philosophy whereas I just had to wait 5 days to receive the 5 week email from Social policy and sociology...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Technically they should have sent me something two weeks ago though still nothing. Does the 5 week email mean they're waiting to see who else applies or something? Would like to hear some news soon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1382
Original post by Anselmina
Good luck with the essays then! My twin applied for medicine and got her invitation yesterday I think. She applied for Queen's, which is the sister college of the college I applied for in Oxford. If we both should miraculously get in it would be hilarious I think :biggrin:

And I can relate to your problem with Edinburgh. For me it's not really a problem since I have to fly to visit home either way, but if I lived in England I probably wouldn't want to head so far north :smile:

Oh and I read up on HSPS and it seems extremely cool :smile:

Thankyou! Oh wow Medicine! Haha that would be quite funny, oxbridge twins!

Yeah I live in London so it's really far for me, although the university is beautiful! Where are you from?:smile:

Yeah its so great, absolutely perfect for what I want to do!
Reply 1383
Original post by norah_bellefleur
So my two-weeks was up just under two weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from the IR department!!! I know it takes a while, but people who applied after me have already had their '5 week' email or even offers. I'm just so desperate to hear about my application, even if it's a rejection, just so I can stop stressing! Is any one else still waiting for an IR response?

Applied on 13th

Received two week email on 16th

:s-smilie:

Yep same! Been waiting almost 3 weeks after my 2 week email now! I just want an answer now! :frown: but to be fair, IR is quite competitive so they might just be waiting to compare us to other applicants! Applied on the 15th!
Reply 1384
Original post by apolocreed
Same! Technically they should have sent me something two weeks ago though still nothing. Does the 5 week email mean they're waiting to see who else applies or something? Would like to hear some news soon :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Politics and Philosophy and received my 5 week email writhing my 2 week time frame. But this was in October. The admissions staff probably have a far greater back log of applicants now than they did then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by George miller
Hi fellow LSE applicants :smile:
bit worried here, hoping you guys can tell me if there's any point me applying to LSE. It is my dream university.

i have 10 a* 4 a's at gcse
my a levels chemistry 94% biology 96% history 100% literature (only 92% but dw, I have dropped this at a2)

i have been predicted 3 A*s

is there any point me applying for history at LSE? So worried right now because I know how competitive the subject is :s

I applied to LSE for Economics and Economic History and have been confirmed a place. My GCSE's aren't the best and neither are my A Levels - but with your grades you're a shoo in (your personal statement and reference also weighs heavily when being considered).

GCSE's: 8A's 1A*
AS: History - 93% Economics - 88% Maths - 79% Further Maths (not recieved as of yet - dropped this at A2)

I was predicted A*A*A

Trust me, you have nothing to worry about, best of luck
Original post by Afsar_LSE
I applied to LSE for Economics and Economic History and have been confirmed a place. My GCSE's aren't the best and neither are my A Levels - but with your grades you're a shoo in (your personal statement and reference also weighs heavily when being considered).

GCSE's: 8A's 1A*
AS: History - 93% Economics - 88% Maths - 79% Further Maths (not recieved as of yet - dropped this at A2)

I was predicted A*A*A

Trust me, you have nothing to worry about, best of luck

Hello, and congratulations !!

When did you get your offer and when did you receive the "5-week" email please?

Really making me feel poo when people say "My GCSEs were rubbish" and still have like a million A's. Then I'm sat here with 2 B's and the rest below.
:'(
Original post by Portia1993
Really making me feel poo when people say "My GCSEs were rubbish" and still have like a million A's. Then I'm sat here with 2 B's and the rest below.
:'(

Same here.... They make me feel sooo bad waaahh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Same here.... They make me feel sooo bad waaahh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they mean they're rubbish in comparison to the average LSE applicant.
Original post by theholonym
I think they mean they're rubbish in comparison to the average LSE applicant.

That's still even worse...
Means I'm set for rejection :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1391
Original post by George miller
Yh, but I'm worried that I've gone to an absolutely **** school, and this is going to go against me. I think they just like people from private schools and I made stupid mistakes in my As level exams and so my UMS could have been higher :/

Seriously, you're actually an idiot, and I'm saying this in a nice way. Going to a **** school gives you an advantage because you're comparatively better to your peers. Secondly, they don't even look at UMS for History, it's only really used for Economics, which is bad for you because you WANT them to look at your UMS, it's even above Cambridge standard, let alone LSE. I do hope you applied for Cambridge too otherwise that UMS will be going to waste. Mate you're actually in, stop crying, LOL.
Reply 1392
Hello! Congratulations to those who got their offers! Pleased to know they do give them this early! I thought all need to wait until Feb/March for an offer!

I applied to BSc Environmental Policy with Economics and on the first week of the 5 weeks.

There were only 62 applications in 2012 for this degree. So I wonder if my admission process might be a little bit different from those more competitive ones.

Anyone else applying to the environment department? [h="1"]
Reply 1393
Original post by RaeLiu
Hello! Congratulations to those who got their offers! Pleased to know they do give them this early! I thought all need to wait until Feb/March for an offer!

I applied to BSc Environmental Policy with Economics and on the first week of the 5 weeks.

There were only 62 applications in 2012 for this degree. So I wonder if my admission process might be a little bit different from those more competitive ones.

Anyone else applying to the environment department? [h="1"]

I think LSE are radically changing their admissions process this year, probably secretly looked on TSR last year and saw the hundreds of complaining applicants :P

If the applications are quite low, and the places are quite high, then it may be much faster for you, especially if you're a truly outstanding candidate :smile:
Reply 1394
I keep seeing people moaning because their course is really competitive and there's like 8 applicants to every place... Last year there were 179 applicants for my course and 4 places... Yes FOUR. Meaning there were about 45 applicants per place. THAT's competitive, 8, 9, 10 applicants to each place is a walk in the park. Let's get some perspective here guys.
Original post by buzfail
I keep seeing people moaning because their course is really competitive and there's like 8 applicants to every place... Last year there were 179 applicants for my course and 4 places... Yes FOUR. Meaning there were about 45 applicants per place. THAT's competitive, 8, 9, 10 applicants to each place is a walk in the park. Let's get some perspective here guys.

Nobody cares go brag somewhere else.
Applied for Government and History! Just trying to get my head around the accommodation, it all looks really odd!!
Original post by buzfail

What course is it that you're talking about?
Reply 1398
Original post by kingmango
What course is it that you're talking about?

Errrrrm I think it's called social policy and economics but that might not be the exact title. I dunno why I did it to myself, at the time I thought ah that'll be fine no probs, and now that I've not heard from them and am in my 4th week of the 5 week email I'm freaking out waahhhhhh. What've you applied for?
Reply 1399
Original post by Sun_Bear
Nobody cares go brag somewhere else.

You seem a bit confused about the definition of brag, probs won't get into LSE with that limited vocabulary. My apologies though, if you could point me in the direction of a thread where people can talk about all things LSE, specifically a thread for people to talk about applications for the 2014 start year, then that'd be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending