Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaufman
Good luck! Believe yourself! offer maybe :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so, many people already have offers in this course, and they applied after me!

what did you apply for?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1421
Original post by StudioBagel
Today is the end of my '5-week' period, still haven't received anything yet :/ I'll get a rejection I'm pretty sure!!

Applied for econ and econ history

didn't you get an offer for straight economics?
Reply 1422
I don't think so, many people already have offers in this course, and they applied after me!

what did you apply for?

I applied 2 courses.One is economics and the other one is econometrics and mathematical economics.

Don't think too much! Everything is possible now ! NO REJECTION = chance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1423
I just received a 2 week email, is there a difference between this and the 5 week. Do they think you're rubbish so only spend 2 weeks with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1424
Original post by cem101
I just received a 2 week email, is there a difference between this and the 5 week. Do they think you're rubbish so only spend 2 weeks with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

in the next two weeks, either you'll get rejected, made an offer if you are an exceptional candidate or you'll most probably get the 5 week email. The 5 week email is the next step, it basically says that you are a strong enough candidate to consider further.
Reply 1425
Original post by AH244
in the next two weeks, either you'll get rejected, made an offer if you are an exceptional candidate or you'll most probably get the 5 week email. The 5 week email is the next step, it basically says that you are a strong enough candidate to consider further.

So I'm basically not good enough to get the 5 week email straight away, so I'll probably be rejected.
Original post by cem101
So I'm basically not good enough to get the 5 week email straight away, so I'll probably be rejected.

Acknowledgement > 2 week > 5 week >

> = acceptance/rejection
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1427
Original post by cem101

most people here had to wait for their email, its not a big deal :smile:
Reply 1428
so does everyone get a two week email then get 'upgraded' to the 5 week email? or do people straight up get the 5 week
Reply 1429
Original post by cem101
so does everyone get a two week email then get 'upgraded' to the 5 week email? or do people straight up get the 5 week

Upgrade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i initially got the 5-week email and now got an update saying that i'll have to wait for '2 weeks'...don't know what this means...:P...(does anyone here have any idea about what this could mean?)
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
i initially got the 5-week email and now got an update saying that i'll have to wait for '2 weeks'...don't know what this means...:P...(does anyone here have any idea about what this could mean?)

You received the email in the wrong order. As did I.
Reply 1432
Original post by gouratiltzen
You received the email in the wrong order. As did I.

Just accidentally repped you from a touch screen lol
Today is the end of my '5-week' period, still haven't received anything yet :/ I'll get a rejection I'm pretty sure!!

Applied for econ and econ history

You said you already got an unconditional...
Original post by benq
Just accidentally repped you from a touch screen lol

Why thank you :biggrin:
Almost 2 weeks into my 5-week stage for IR and History! Has anyone received an offer from the International History department yet?

Recently got my St. Andrews offer so I'm pretty happy about that :smile: waiting anxiously for LSE though!
4 weeks 5 days into the 5 week period for Economics.

Just really want some kind of reply now D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyotherworld
Almost 2 weeks into my 5-week stage for IR and History! Has anyone received an offer from the International History department yet?

Recently got my St. Andrews offer so I'm pretty happy about that :smile: waiting anxiously for LSE though!

It will be 2 weeks on Friday into my 5 week stage. I've applied for straight History. I haven't heard anything with regards other History applicants receiving offers. I think people will hear back within the next 3-4 weeks for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1438
Original post by corax
Hm well I'm above the entry requirements, it's just that I have really average GCSE's compared to most people who are applying, which I think they may look down upon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've gathered, as long as your PS is very focused on International History it will take precedence :smile: I think they may also take a holistic outlook on your application, so if the school you attained the GCSE grades at isn't that good, it will benefit you :smile: And it's always good to be above the entry requirements :biggrin:
Reply 1439
Original post by chripro
Do you know any applicants that have been rejected within the first 2 weeks of the acknowledgement email they received?

I have seen someone not get onto the 5 week stage yes! Not sure whether they had to wait two weeks for it or it was quite quick after the acknowledgement..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending