The Student Room Group

Linguistics Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Loopylamp
Just sent off my UCL questionnaire! :biggrin: Has anyone else sent off theirs?

Sent mine off today too~ glad that it's all done now!
Got a UCL questionnaire :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm really struggling with this UCL questionnaire :frown:

Reply 43
I'm a bit late to this thread, but I applied for linguistics too. (: Cambridge, KCL (already got an offer!), QM, Edinburgh and Sheffield.
Good luck for you guys on the UCL questionnaire! I've heard that's really difficult. (I didn't apply to UCL because of their focus on formal linguistics.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by EmJade
I've applied for English language and linguistics as well! If the university said that they didn't need a GCSE foreign language then I don't think it would hinder your application. Well, I bloody hope not because I got a D at GCSE French :/

I got an offer for York uni to do English Language and Linguistics a few weeks ago. So if I get can get in with a D at a GCSE foreign language then I'm sure you will too :smile:
Offer from King's yesterday :biggrin:

Reply 46
Offers from Sheffield and York :smile:

Has anyone heard from SOAS yet??
Reply 47
Original post by pikachen
Offers from Sheffield and York :smile:

Has anyone heard from SOAS yet??

I haven't heard a single thing from them, they didn't even acknowledge they received my application. I have heard they aren't very good with admin etc.
Hi! also a little late to this thread, but applying for English Language / Linguistics at Queen Mary, Cardiff, UCL, Kent and Sheffield. Any one else applying to Queen Mary? how long to wait for an offer, as I sent mine off last Friday :smile:
Original post by sophielaurenw
Hi! also a little late to this thread, but applying for English Language / Linguistics at Queen Mary, Cardiff, UCL, Kent and Sheffield. Any one else applying to Queen Mary? how long to wait for an offer, as I sent mine off last Friday :smile:

I did :smile:
Reply 50
I have an invitation to the UCL open day - and they have recommended me for an offer, I'm over the moon!
Original post by bokonist
I have an invitation to the UCL open day - and they have recommended me for an offer, I'm over the moon!

Congratulations :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your questionnaire?
Reply 53
Original post by Anna.Karenina
If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your questionnaire?

I sent off my questionnaire on friday - so the 8th :smile:
Reply 54

Oh, me too! :biggrin: I'm really excited for the open day now! :biggrin:
Original post by Loopylamp
Oh, me too! :biggrin: I'm really excited for the open day now! :biggrin:

Congratulations :smile: When did you send your questionnaire off if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 56
Thanks :smile: I sent it off on 31st October - that was my deadline :smile:
Reply 57

Congrats! Same here :biggrin:
Original post by pikachen
Congrats! Same here :biggrin:

Congratulations!

I haven't heard anything yet, apart from the questionnaire - I'm getting very nervous
Reply 59
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Congratulations!

I haven't heard anything yet, apart from the questionnaire - I'm getting very nervous

Don't worry! I sent mine off two weeks ago and kind of half assed (i had loads of other stuff to do and it was stressing me out!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending