The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Today marks the 5th week since my 5 week email for Anthropology & Law and I haven't received anything yet.
Anyone else in the same position?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1441
Does LSE send the UMS questionnaire to every applicant applying for straight Econ?

I am in my third week of the 5-week stage and have not received one yet :s-smilie:
Original post by solloc
Does LSE send the UMS questionnaire to every applicant applying for straight Econ?

I am in my third week of the 5-week stage and have not received one yet :s-smilie:

if you have already included your ums in your reference then you don't need to submit it to them.
Reply 1443
Original post by saimaahmadd
Today marks the 5th week since my 5 week email for Anthropology & Law and I haven't received anything yet.

what a gruelling wait :/ It will be interesting to see what happens! They might ask you to wait until the end of the 12 week period they stipulated in the acknowledgement email!
Reply 1444
Original post by saimaahmadd

My fifth week starts tomorrow and still nothing! Applied for Government...
Hi guys,

Did anyone receive any rejection in economics and economic history ?
Original post by kezexx
My fifth week starts tomorrow and still nothing! Applied for Government...

I've applied for Government too! Only into my third week or something yet though :')
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1447
Original post by Portia1993
I've applied for Government too! Only into my third week or something yet though :')
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too! I'll let you know either way...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1448
Anyone at or past their 5 weeks yet :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1449
2 and a half weeks into my 5 weeks for Politics and Philosophy - very scared!! Anyone heard anything for this subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1450
Original post by ErHi?
From what I've gathered, as long as your PS is very focused on International History it will take precedence :smile: I think they may also take a holistic outlook on your application, so if the school you attained the GCSE grades at isn't that good, it will benefit you :smile: And it's always good to be above the entry requirements :biggrin:

What do you mean by international history?

Yeah I went to a crappy comprehensive, compared to my friends I did x10 better. I got a few A's at GCSE so hopefully I'll be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingmango
Oh I'm sure you'll be fine! You'll probably be hearing from them soon if you're so far into your 5 week email, so good luck bro. I've applied for Maths with economics, I'm in the 2nd week of my 5 week email so I've still got a while to wait and I'm already checking track every single day hahah. I received my first offer from Edinburgh today though so that's given me some hope.

I applied for maths with economics too! Seems to be a very popular course this year! What gcse's do you have and how was your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for International Relations on the 14th of October, and received an e-mail stating in 2 weeks I will receive an update but haven't gotten anything yet, and it's nearly been a month. My friend from class also applied (but for Law), and got a rejection last week. Does anyone have any idea when am I going to get any notice? :biggrin:
Reply 1453
Original post by corax
What do you mean by international history?

Yeah I went to a crappy comprehensive, compared to my friends I did x10 better. I got a few A's at GCSE so hopefully I'll be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha sorry, I thought I saw that you were applying for International History... :/ All I meant by the post though was that the PS is very important (supposedly) in your application, more so than other universities it seems...!

I'm sure they'll recognise it and take it into account :biggrin:
Original post by ErHi?
what a gruelling wait :/ It will be interesting to see what happens! They might ask you to wait until the end of the 12 week period they stipulated in the acknowledgement email!

They might, that would be incredibly annoying, although I didn't even receive the acknowledgement email
Original post by victoriabk
I applied for International Relations on the 14th of October, and received an e-mail stating in 2 weeks I will receive an update but haven't gotten anything yet, and it's nearly been a month. My friend from class also applied (but for Law), and got a rejection last week. Does anyone have any idea when am I going to get any notice? :biggrin:

I'm in the same position as you :P (IR)

Did your friend get rejected before the or during the 5 week email
Original post by daniyalfaiz
I applied for maths with economics too! Seems to be a very popular course this year! What gcse's do you have and how was your personal statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My gcses are 7A*'s 3A's, predicted 4A* for A2. My personal statement is pretty average tbh, I felt that I wrote too much about extra curricular and not enough about actual maths, I just want a reply now though hahah! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for Stats with Finance?
....or anything from the applied stats department? lol

In the same situation and no update yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending