The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
I have just sent my application off to do Economics at LSE (L101)

My A-Level Grades:
AS History (A) - predicted A*
AS Economics (A) - predicted A
A2 Maths (A*)
AS Further Maths - predicted A

So, A*A*Aa

My GCSESs are a bit weird they way my school strucutre it. It was compulosry to do a vocational course, and I chose BTec Business, recieved D*D*, which is equivalent to 4A*'s. I also got a Distinction* for BTec Sport. And for the normal GCSE's, I got 1A*, 6A*, 2B.

So overall, 6A*, 6A, 2B

My personal statement was about travel and the German, Turkish economy (been to both countries many times), I also talked about an article, and linked it with the current british economy - trying to cut deficit. I also expressed how mathematically capable I am of doing the course!

Am I likely to get past the 5 week email, or get an automatic no before the 2 week email?

Really worried :frown: :confused:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1461
Original post by A193
I have just sent my application off to do Economics at LSE (L101)

My A-Level Grades:
AS History (A) - predicted A*
AS Economics (A) - predicted A
A2 Maths (A*)
AS Further Maths - predicted A

So, A*A*Aa

My GCSESs are a bit weird they way my school strucutre it. It was compulosry to do a vocational course, and I chose BTec Business, recieved D*D*, which is equivalent to 4A*'s. I also got a Distinction* for BTec Sport. And for the normal GCSE's, I got 1A*, 6A*, 2B.

So overall, 6A*, 6A, 2B

My personal statement was about travel and the German, Turkish economy (been to both countries many times), I also talked about an article, and linked it with the current british economy - trying to cut deficit. I also expressed how mathematically capable I am of doing the course!

Am I likely to get past the 5 week email, or get an automatic no before the 2 week email?

Really worried :frown: :confused:

You sound competitive but I would bring at least a book or two up in the PS.
Reply 1462
Original post by victoriabk
I applied for International Relations on the 14th of October, and received an e-mail stating in 2 weeks I will receive an update but haven't gotten anything yet, and it's nearly been a month. My friend from class also applied (but for Law), and got a rejection last week. Does anyone have any idea when am I going to get any notice? :biggrin:

Same position as you! No reply for 4 weeks! I think I've officially entered a state of constant torture!:tongue:
Original post by Shehr
Same position as you! No reply for 4 weeks! I think I've officially entered a state of constant torture!:tongue:

Exact same with me! Good to know that I'm not alone :colondollar:

What do you think it may mean?
Reply 1464
Hi guys,anyone else applied for Business Mathematics and Statistics?
Original post by apolocreed
Exact same with me! Good to know that I'm not alone :colondollar:

What do you think it may mean?

its been 5 weeks that I wait too today!!!

that probably means a rejection :/
Reply 1466
Original post by StudioBagel
its been 5 weeks that I wait too today!!!

that probably means a rejection :/

What happened to your unconditional offer for straight Economics?

I have received an unconditional offer from LSE for straight economics!!!!!!!!!

Sent my application on the 28 of October

Good luck to all of you guys:smile:
Original post by gracelich
It will be 2 weeks on Friday into my 5 week stage. I've applied for straight History. I haven't heard anything with regards other History applicants receiving offers. I think people will hear back within the next 3-4 weeks for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

someone got an offer for history from my BMT sixth form.
Original post by Giant
What happened to your unconditional offer for straight Economics?

My bro uses the same account, unfortunately I didn't get his chance
Reply 1469
My bro uses the same account, unfortunately I didn't get his chance

LOL LOL
How funny is it that we are all being judged by the same (group of) people?! :smile: Good luck to everyone xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I'm a spanish student who would like to apply to Government here. Do you think it's too late for me to have any possibility? I had a 10 in my Spanish Bachiller last year (A levels) and they're asking for a 9 so that I already have it.
Original post by Alemartin
Hi guys, I'm a spanish student who would like to apply to Government here. Do you think it's too late for me to have any possibility? I had a 10 in my Spanish Bachiller last year (A levels) and they're asking for a 9 so that I already have it.

It's not too late! Your grades exceed their minimum requirements and they've been achieved so you've got as much of a chance as anyone else. Concentrate on writing the best possible personal statement dedicated to government, apply, cross your fingers and join us all in waiting for a decision :] The deadline to apply for equal considerate by LSE is on the 15th January (though I personally would try and submit it at least a few days before) so take the time to write the best personal statement you can.
Original post by thinkthings
It's not too late! Your grades exceed their minimum requirements and they've been achieved so you've got as much of a chance as anyone else. Concentrate on writing the best possible personal statement dedicated to government, apply, cross your fingers and join us all in waiting for a decision :] The deadline to apply for equal considerate by LSE is on the 15th January (though I personally would try and submit it at least a few days before) so take the time to write the best personal statement you can.

Thank you very much. I already have my PS and I'm hoping to send my application this week. Let's see how it works out :smile:
Reply 1474
Original post by Portia1993
Really making me feel poo when people say "My GCSEs were rubbish" and still have like a million A's. Then I'm sat here with 2 B's and the rest below.
:'(

omg same LOOOL. I get freaked out by how good people did at GCSE's. I only got AAABBBBBCD. I've decided not to apply to LSE :/
Reply 1475
Has anybody's 5 weeks ended without a reply from LSE?
Original post by AnharM

omg same LOOOL. I get freaked out by how good people did at GCSE's. I only got AAABBBBBCD. I've decided not to apply to LSE :/

That's still really good! I got 2 B's and 11 C's
I may be the weakest candidate applying there :')
Reply 1477
Original post by bigjeffrey
someone got an offer for history from my BMT sixth form.

What were their grades like?? And when did they get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wubblie
Has anybody's 5 weeks ended without a reply from LSE?

yep, i have been out of my 5 weeks yesterday, and you ?
Applied for philosophy and economics on 10th got 2 week email on 14th October but have been waiting with no reply for 5 week email since. Rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending