The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
I don't see why they couldn't have been brought back they really wouldn't have looked that old if they put wigs on and put on some good makeup etc.The standards of today are pretty high and they would probably look very familiar to the old doctors and it really doesn't matter if they don't look like their original doctors(the Time Crash explanation goes well) they would still feel like their original doctors eg. watch Tom Baker in Dimensions in Time for some reason they didn't even go to the lengths of making him any younger at all not even putting a brown curly wig on him or anything and yet he is still the Doctor and fans are aware of that and love it.

I didn't say that the fans wouldn't like it. I said they're too old.

Look at them now.

They are old. There's nothing wrong with that of course! But no amount of make up is going to be able to make them look as young as their roles. They'd have to do something convoluted like they did in Dimensions in Time, and that only worked because it was a comedy sketch, not an episode.

I fully support them coming back for radio things, and their voices could have been incorporated. But it's just naive to say that they all should have come back.
Original post by Feefifofum
I didn't say that the fans wouldn't like it. I said they're too old.

Look at them now.

They are old. There's nothing wrong with that of course! But no amount of make up is going to be able to make them look as young as their roles. They'd have to do something convoluted like they did in Dimensions in Time, and that only worked because it was a comedy sketch, not an episode.

I fully support them coming back for radio things, and their voices could have been incorporated. But it's just naive to say that they all should have come back.

Tom Baker has hardly changed since his Dimensions in Time appearance and Sylvester McCoy and Tom Baker would easily look the part now with a wig on and some hair dye.It would be harder with Colin Baker but still not impossible.
What they could have done was something like each Doctor is taken from their relevant time-streams and then has stayed there aging trying to find a way out. Tennent and Smith get there last and together and find the other Doctor's who couldn't find each other before. Then we have one big group of awesomeness. As suggested in other suggestions the first three could be involved through something like holograms where they occassionally appear and witness what is going on.
Reply 2463
Does anyone know if they will be having any screenings in cinemas on the sunday? Been trying to find out but can only find ones on saturday evening, which I can't go to :frown:
Original post by sea395
Does anyone know if they will be having any screenings in cinemas on the sunday? Been trying to find out but can only find ones on saturday evening, which I can't go to :frown:

Think you'll have to watch it on Saturday if you want want to see it in cinemas. Afaik cinemas won't get a copy of the episode as its being screened live from BBC One. Probably to prevent leaks and what not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2465
Original post by sea395

They have started doing later showings in some cinemas at 21:30 on the Saturday, so they may announce some at a later date. But it seems very unlikely, and there certain;ly hasn't been any indication that they would do this.
Reply 2466
Original post by Mr.Messy
Think you'll have to watch it on Saturday if you want want to see it in cinemas. Afaik cinemas won't get a copy of the episode as its being screened live from BBC One. Probably to prevent leaks and what not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Yoghurt
They have started doing later showings in some cinemas at 21:30 on the Saturday, so they may announce some at a later date. But it seems very unlikely, and there certain;ly hasn't been any indication that they would do this.

Oh ok, thanks. Would be good if they did, but looks like it will be iPlayer for me :^_^:
Just posted this in my Doodlepad thread, but felt it was relevant in here, too.

I call this quick doodle, "Don't call ME a Potato!"

(Linked from TotoMimo's Doodlepad: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2084979&page=11)
oh my god! I wish they put in jenny, strax and vastra in the fiftieth - or even just river song. It is the fiftieth and they should include the major characters. If they could put in the brigadier it would be even better.
Original post by MusicIsMyPoison
oh my god! I wish they put in jenny, strax and vastra in the fiftieth - or even just river song. It is the fiftieth and they should include the major characters. If they could put in the brigadier it would be even better.

The brigadier (and the actor who played him) are dead so that's a tad hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
DSCF2106.jpg

Finally managed to upload it!
Original post by SirMasterKey
DSCF2106.jpg

Finally managed to upload it!

PRSOM, that's excellent!

I really want one of these:
Original post by Feefifofum
PRSOM, that's excellent!

I really want one of these:

Ta. Asking about what size I needed in the charity shop for the skirt was quite embarassing!

Although wearing tights was not too bad I now understand why some girls where skirt and tights in winter.

That shirt is quite cool but not sure how often I would actually flip it up.
This looks amazing - where can I get them?!?!?

MusicIsMyPoison
Oh wow :rofl:

That's brilliant!!! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2475
Can not describe how happy this has made me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo
The noise I made before the titles ran... :rofl:

I spotted it on my youtube subs and watched it there before coming here. Was NOT expecting that. :awesome:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2477
Original post by pinkpenguin
The noise I made before the titles ran... :rofl:

I spotted it on my youtube subs and watched it there before coming here. Was NOT expecting that. :awesome:

Spoiler

Spoiler

That was brilliant. :teeth:
Original post by Yoghurt

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest