The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
aaaaaaand today marks the end of my 5 weeks. So far no acceptance/rejection, although I am assuming now that it is a rejection.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1481
Original post by Portia1993
That's still really good! I got 2 B's and 11 C's
I may be the weakest candidate applying there :')

Honestly, my GCSE grades are not good compared to the average LSE applicant LOL. Plus, I've already finished my A-Levels and I achieved AABa, and I'm re-taking Yr 13 to get A*A*AA. I'm a re-take student, so I'll be at a disadvantage. So that's why I'm not applying to LSE, there's really no point.

I had a tough time in secondary school, not sure if I can put it down as extenuating circumstances though :/
Original post by AnharM
Honestly, my GCSE grades are not good compared to the average LSE applicant LOL. Plus, I've already finished my A-Levels and I achieved AABa, and I'm re-taking Yr 13 to get A*A*AA. I'm a re-take student, so I'll be at a disadvantage. So that's why I'm not applying to LSE, there's really no point.

I had a tough time in secondary school, not sure if I can put it down as extenuating circumstances though :/

I'm sure you should be able to :smile: No harm in applying! :3
I'm at the ****ty disadvantage of being a mature student :') I won't get an offer outright :frown: I'd have to sit an exam first :frown: boooo!
Reply 1483
Original post by Portia1993
I'm sure you should be able to :smile: No harm in applying! :3
I'm at the ****ty disadvantage of being a mature student :') I won't get an offer outright :frown: I'd have to sit an exam first :frown: boooo!

Oh? What does 'mature student' actually mean? That you are doing your second bachelor degree, or you're over 25 years old? What exam would you have to sit?
Original post by gouratiltzen
You received the email in the wrong order. As did I.

I don't think that's possible. I received the 5 week message as part of the 'thank you for the application' email. The next day, they sent me another email saying that they have now begun reviewing my PS and academic qualifications and this process will take about 2 weeks. So it is very unlikely that they have accidentally sent me the email in the wrong order.
Reply 1485
Tomorrow is my last day of my 5 week email for LSE Straight Economics and the day after is my last day of my 5 week email for LSE Management. I am so scared. Anybody passed the 5 weeks E-mail yet?
Original post by xopf
Tomorrow is my last day of my 5 week email for LSE Straight Economics and the day after is my last day of my 5 week email for LSE Management. I am so scared. Anybody passed the 5 weeks E-mail yet?

Ditto for economics, it's a bit frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xopf

Same here! Tomorrow marks the end of my 5 weeks for Government. :s-smilie: Freaking out!
Original post by Lizy
What were their grades like?? And when did they get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

mah main man got sumin like 6A*S at gcse, AAAB at AS, and A*A*A predictions. he got 200/200 in his history exams though. madting.

*got the offer on friday (8/11)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bigjeffrey
mah main man got sumin like 6A*S at gcse, AAAB at AS, and A*A*A predictions. he got 200/200 in his history exams though. madting.

No hope for me then! But tbf, I got 195/200 UMS for History last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1490
Original post by bigjeffrey

Wigger
Original post by AnharM
Oh? What does 'mature student' actually mean? That you are doing your second bachelor degree, or you're over 25 years old? What exam would you have to sit?

That i'd be over the age of 21 by the course start date
I'm also doing non-standard qualifications... Most people with be entering with A Level's or IB's but I'm doing an Access to HE diploma :smile:
Just an entrance exam thingy.. All mature people have them apparently as we're likely to have been out of education for a significant period

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1492
Original post by mmms95
I am, what r your grades/ predicted/ gcse's??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A-levels: A*/A*/A /A and GCSEs 3A*, 3As, 2Bs. Yours?
Original post by gracelich
No hope for me then! But tbf, I got 195/200 UMS for History last year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, not 195!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Oh no, not 195!

What's wrong with 195?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
What's wrong with 195?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was sarcasm.
You implied in your post there's no hope for you because you got 195/200 (which is a very strong score)
Original post by victoriabk
I applied for International Relations on the 14th of October, and received an e-mail stating in 2 weeks I will receive an update but haven't gotten anything yet, and it's nearly been a month. My friend from class also applied (but for Law), and got a rejection last week. Does anyone have any idea when am I going to get any notice? :biggrin:

I was in the same situation as you are, and I just received a rejection for I.R. :/
But got the 5 week email for Politics and Philosophy / Social policy and sociology so that's alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frenchstud74
I was in the same situation as you are, and I just received a rejection for I.R. :/
But got the 5 week email for Politics and Philosophy / Social policy and sociology so that's alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you not receive the 5-week for IR at all? I'm really worried now, this is the first I've heard of anyone receiving a decision of IR.
Original post by tlunn223
Did you not receive the 5-week for IR at all? I'm really worried now, this is the first I've heard of anyone receiving a decision of IR.

Noo don't worry I didn't receive the 5week for IR so it makes less competition ! They said it was because of my PS, so if your PS is focused on IR and shows your motivation for this course then you shouldn't have problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoriabk
I applied for International Relations on the 14th of October, and received an e-mail stating in 2 weeks I will receive an update but haven't gotten anything yet, and it's nearly been a month. My friend from class also applied (but for Law), and got a rejection last week. Does anyone have any idea when am I going to get any notice? :biggrin:

Literally in the exact same position...I sent off my UCAS application on the 13th, and my two weeks was up on the 30th.

currently tearing my hair out and jumping at each email notification :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending