The Student Room Group

I discovered I have an IQ 127, how should I use this gift to better my life

Yeah just took this online IQ test. It says it's accurate and their are other peoples results on there to compare and they didn't get as high as me so that's enough for me. Plus I got high exams grades, probably the result of my high IQ. What I don't get it why isn't my coursework being done and getting top marks? Like seriously I find it hard and boring, shouldn't I be getting top marks if I got high iq? It's like the world is biased towards high-iqued people. I think it's because the majority of people have an IQ of 110 and they're trying to make things suited to their level. what should i do?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing, IQ is useless.
Reply 2
lol wah marcus ma son
IQ proves nothing.
As others have said, IQ is not indicative of much. I've heard that Marilyn Monroe's IQ was higher than Einstein's, not sure if this is true though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
You should cry, because you still have a lower IQ than Carol Vorderman :hahaha:
Reply 6
Original post by itsmarcus
What I don't get it why isn't my coursework being done

Coursework usually has a technique which you need to get the hang of, it involves a pen and paper.

In all fairness though, IQ isn't related to how good your grades are. The grades you achieve will depend on the effort you put in to studying and revision. I suppose IQ is just a feel-good factor which involves your ability to recognise patterns and such. It has no relation to how smart someone is.
Reply 7
Besides the fact that IQ means next to nothing, an IQ of 127 isn't really impressive (never-mind gifted) by the standards used on the online IQ tests.
Reply 8
Online IQ tests are pretty much naff. Pay for the MENSA test if you're so enthusiastic about it.

But yeah, it's basically just a number. The definition for intelligence is rather vague, so the test mostly seems to be about detecting patterns and analysing rather than being smart at everything. I did the MENSA test a few years ago - I scored higher than average (120ish?) and it really didn't change my life at all.
Reply 9
That's not great, you're within 2 standard deviations of the mean and would only be classified as above average.
Original post by IceKidd
lol wah marcus ma son

:rofl:
Reply 11
Original post by Eloades11
Coursework usually has a technique which you need to get the hang of, it involves a pen and paper.

In all fairness though, IQ isn't related to how good your grades are. The grades you achieve will depend on the effort you put in to studying and revision. I suppose IQ is just a feel-good factor which involves your ability to recognise patterns and such. It has no relation to how smart someone is.

If you did a test comparing people's IQs to their smartness - let's say their results in a maths, language and general knowledge test - there would be a visible correlation. There are obviously going to be exceptions though, like Feynman.
Reply 12
Takes online IQ test, thinks coursework should write itself.

Sounds about right
Original post by itsmarcus
Yeah just took this online IQ test. It says it's accurate

"I know it's accurate because it told me it was"

If that's your attitude then it is probably not accurate in this case. Try a more reliable site, or better yet, a more reliable method of testing intelligence.
Reply 14
You have an IQ of "127" yet you are gullible enough to believe online tests.

Pfft
Original post by KingKumar
If you did a test comparing people's IQs to their smartness - let's say their results in a maths, language and general knowledge test - there would be a visible correlation. There are obviously going to be exceptions though, like Feynman.

Evidence? I don't think there'd be a clear correlation. Have studies been done to show this?
Reply 16
Original post by Eloades11
Evidence? I don't think there'd be a clear correlation. Have studies been done to show this?

It's obvious. Also, I'm not sure whether a large scale test has been done so I have no evidence. Do you have evidence supporting your statement?
Original post by KingKumar
It's obvious. Also, I'm not sure whether a large scale test has been done so I have no evidence. Do you have evidence supporting your statement?

Always assume the null hypothesis is true unless there is sufficient evidence to suggest otherwise.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Hyde
You have an IQ of "127" yet you are gullible enough to believe online tests.

Pfft

Exactly what I was thinking - he's either a troll or an idiot.
Reply 19
IQ is just a measure of your potential. You still have to put some effort into your coursework.

Latest