The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adi19956
Is that like speech day at other schools?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That depends, what's speech day? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're the same thing I think. We call it presentation evening :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7042
Original post by Prinz655
OCR B :biggrin:
You?

AQA A. And I meant topic :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If free trade increases what will happen to the GDP/Current Account of the UK?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7044
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford English Dictionary defines a speech day as:

noun
British
an annual celebration held at some schools, especially public schools, at which speeches are made and prizes are presented.
Original post by furryface12
They're the same thing I think. We call it presentation evening :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh haha :lol: aww :tongue:
Original post by adi19956
Oxford English Dictionary defines a speech day as:

noun
British
an annual celebration held at some schools, especially public schools, at which speeches are made and prizes are presented.

Yeah, they're the same then :tongue: a.k.a boring :wink:
Day 54 of the UCAS journey of GKG.

7.47pm

GKG is going crazy.
Original post by g.k.galloway
Day 54 of the UCAS journey of GKG.

7.47pm

GKG is going crazy.

I'm going crazy too. I've checked my email at least 100 times today, getting SO frustrated. :mad: :tongue: Ah well, lets hang in there, hang in there... :colonhash:
Got another uni offer yay :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I'm going crazy too. I've checked my email at least 100 times today, getting SO frustrated. :mad: :tongue: Ah well, lets hang in there, hang in there... :colonhash:

I'm not sure what's worse - waiting for interviews or waiting for possible offers after interviews...(if we get intereviews of course...which I'm sure we will! :biggrin: )
Original post by Paparazzo
I've felt like that (about the bus) since Year 7. :tongue: It's the worst part of my school day and I seriously cannot wait until I don't have to do it anymore!

I will miss the teachers though, these past few years I've began to feel attached to them and once I'm gone I'll feel like I'm leaving family behind. :frown:

Sixth formers have to 'supervise' and it's absolutely horrible, because I come from the busiest town in the area, there's two buses, one with Year 7s, 8s and sixth formers, and then the other bus with the quieter Year 9s, 10s and 11s....

I will miss single-handedly, my physics teacher. He's like the coolest teacher ever when you get to sixth form, he really enjoys his subject and is super nice if you're struggling. Will miss him so bad :c
I'm not sure what's worse - waiting for interviews or waiting for possible offers after interviews...(if we get intereviews of course...which I'm sure we will! :biggrin: )

Has anyone at your school got an interview for medicine yet? People here have started getting interviews from Cambridge (even though BMAT results haven't been released yet) :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Has anyone at your school got an interview for medicine yet? People here have started getting interviews from Cambridge (even though BMAT results haven't been released yet) :tongue:

Well in my school there are only 2 other medical applicants, 1 has a Birmingham interview but that's all :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wisdom teeth starting to come through and hurts like a bitch. Saying that, I really don't want to extract any of my teeth, so I'm at a loss here
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Wisdom teeth starting to come through and hurts like a bitch. Saying that, I really don't want to extract any of my teeth, so I'm at a loss here

Oh jeepers it really does, mine came through over the summer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh jeepers it really does, mine came through over the summer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, that must have ruined your summer
Oh wow, that must have ruined your summer

Yeah it wasn't great...but at least it wasn't during exams! :biggrin:
Yeah it wasn't great...but at least it wasn't during exams! :biggrin:

very true, now that would have been pretty unfortunate
Quick question, I haven't yet got all my GCSE certificates, so I'm just going to order a replacement from edexcel because my old school are taking the mick. Basically, I sat my maths exam in the November of 2011 and got my results in January 2012. If I wanted to order this certificate, would I put the date as November 2011 or January 2012 or anything else?

Edexcel ask for the year of award and the month of award.
Quick question, I haven't yet got all my GCSE certificates, so I'm just going to order a replacement from edexcel because my old school are taking the mick. Basically, I sat my maths exam in the November of 2011 and got my results in January 2012. If I wanted to order this certificate, would I put the date as November 2011 or January 2012 or anything else?

Edexcel ask for the year of award and the month of award.

My GCSE certificates say June 2012, which is obviously the month I sat the last exams, so I'd say November 2011 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest