Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
It was sarcasm.
You implied in your post there's no hope for you because you got 195/200 (which is a very strong score)

actually she said theres no hope...BUT she got 195/200.

So she was saying she doesnt really have a chance in terms of her grades and that, except for the fact she got 195 (as u say a really strong score) which might help her out
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Literally in the exact same position...I sent off my UCAS application on the 13th, and my two weeks was up on the 30th.

currently tearing my hair out and jumping at each email notification :tongue:

I second that, for Philosophy and economis got my two week email on the 14th october, haven't heard since...I am slowly slipping into insanity...
Original post by IceKidd
actually she said theres no hope...BUT she got 195/200.

So she was saying she doesnt really have a chance in terms of her grades and that, except for the fact she got 195 (as u say a really strong score) which might help her out

Thank you, this is what I meant. I feel as though that is the only competitive part of my application haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if there have been any decisions, offers or rejections, for Maths with economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1504
Original post by kingmango
Does anyone know if there have been any decisions, offers or rejections, for Maths with economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting! 3 weeks into my 5 week period.
Original post by CD315
Still waiting! 3 weeks into my 5 week period.

I'm 2 weeks on Friday into the 5 week. Keep me updated if you hear anything back from them! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1506
Original post by kingmango
I'm 2 weeks on Friday into the 5 week. Keep me updated if you hear anything back from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do.
Reply 1507
Today marks 5 weeks after my '5 week e-mail', still no news
Reply 1508
Original post by valerab
Today marks 5 weeks after my '5 week e-mail', still no news

Which course you apply for?
Reply 1509
Original post by yxcai
Which course you apply for?

Statistics with finance, do you think 'no news is good news' applies in my situation?
Reply 1510
Original post by valerab

Statistics with finance, do you think 'no news is good news' applies in my situation?

I apply for bms which is similar to u. I am in 4th week~I think you should send e-mail to ask about it
Reply 1511
Original post by valerab

I think it might just mean you have to wait up to the 12 weeks that was stipulated in the confirmation email! The may not have had enough applicants to compare you to yet or something like that? There are quite a few people in your position and they seem to be very strong candidates so I wouldn't worry at this moment :biggrin:
Reply 1512
Original post by ErHi?
I think it might just mean you have to wait up to the 12 weeks that was stipulated in the confirmation email! The may not have had enough applicants to compare you to yet or something like that? There are quite a few people in your position and they seem to be very strong candidates so I wouldn't worry at this moment :biggrin:

"This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."

The e-mail didn't tell the truth~
Reply 1513
Original post by yxcai
"This can take up to five weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."

The e-mail didn't tell the truth~

Yes very true, unless they email you tomorrow.... There have been cases where people haven't even received anything after the two week email!

They might not realise how it worries candidates to death about these email updates haha! I'm sure you'll hear soon though, otherwise, if you haven't been contacted by Monday next week, I'd recommend a phone call to the department!
Reply 1514
Original post by apolocreed
Exact same with me! Good to know that I'm not alone :colondollar:

What do you think it may mean?

Lol I know I'm so glad someone else is in this with me! Otherwise I was definitely convinced that there was a problem with me:frown::tongue:!

I think generally the IR department is notorious for being slow with applications. They usually filter out the 'no hopers' after the 2 week email and reject them immediately, then begin to give out 5 weekers. Either the pile of applications we are in has not been addressed yet, or they are holding on to our applications to compare them to others!

Where else have you applied?
Reply 1515
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Literally in the exact same position...I sent off my UCAS application on the 13th, and my two weeks was up on the 30th.

currently tearing my hair out and jumping at each email notification :tongue:

Seconded. I'm dying.
Original post by Shehr
Lol I know I'm so glad someone else is in this with me! Otherwise I was definitely convinced that there was a problem with me:frown::tongue:!

I think generally the IR department is notorious for being slow with applications. They usually filter out the 'no hopers' after the 2 week email and reject them immediately, then begin to give out 5 weekers. Either the pile of applications we are in has not been addressed yet, or they are holding on to our applications to compare them to others!

Where else have you applied?

Oxford, Bristol, UCL and Exeter...nothing from any of them so far :frown:

And you?
Reply 1517
Original post by Portia1993
Snap! What you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics and economic history
Original post by saimaahmadd
Did your friend get rejected before the or during the 5 week email

He got the 2-week email and got rejected after 2 weeks. He never got the 5-week one.
Anything from the Maths department yet?

Quick Reply