The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SkAlley
Well done :biggrin: how long was the wait and do you have an interview for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Just over a week and nope, just have to get ABB. Have you applied for the same course?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Woo just got an offer for Law with criminology!! AAB though lol
Ive got an interview for Mathematics tomorrow, I'm really nervous, does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask? Also is there anything specific I need to know for the interview? Also do I need to bring anything with me?
Offer from Manchester, Law and Forensics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 464
Just got my offer through for MMathPhys (standard A*A*A), pretty quick considering how the interview was yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 465
Original post by Wild Nothing
Thanks :smile: Just over a week and nope, just have to get ABB. Have you applied for the same course?

Gosh you're lucky! Well saying that, I only sent mine last Thursday so I'm being way too impatient but I reeeeally want to go to Manchester? Are you gonna firm it? I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile: And I applied for philosophy and politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by garethclifford
Ive got an interview for Mathematics tomorrow, I'm really nervous, does anyone know what kind of questions they will ask? Also is there anything specific I need to know for the interview? Also do I need to bring anything with me?

Keep calm, they want to see the best of you and aren't there to trick you / catch you out. TBH half the interviews Manchester does are non-selective anyway.

We can't give you specific interview questions, but I would suggest that you think up answers to the standard ones such as 'why Manchester', 'why maths', and 'what do you particularly like about the maths course at Manchester' (hint: go and have a look at the modules on offer and find something about them that you like).
Original post by SkAlley
Gosh you're lucky! Well saying that, I only sent mine last Thursday so I'm being way too impatient but I reeeeally want to go to Manchester? Are you gonna firm it? I'm sure you'll get the grades :smile: And I applied for philosophy and politics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was sent last tuesday but I've been frantically checking my emails since then, I know how you feel :tongue: I don't think I will firm it because I enamoured with KCL (I'm praying for an offer) and I live about 20 minutes away from Manchester, I think it will be my insurance though. Ah well I hope you get an offer, I'm sure you will :smile: If you have any questions about the city of Manchester then feel free to ask me, I know it really well!
Original post by aliakhan
Thats not a problem :tongue:
I got my offer exactly 9 days after i sent off my application so it wasnt a very long wait , im sure u will get your offer soon you just have to be a patient and have a lil faith :mmm::yep::wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Got my offer!
Reply 469
Original post by Wild Nothing
Mine was sent last tuesday but I've been frantically checking my emails since then, I know how you feel :tongue: I don't think I will firm it because I enamoured with KCL (I'm praying for an offer) and I live about 20 minutes away from Manchester, I think it will be my insurance though. Ah well I hope you get an offer, I'm sure you will :smile: If you have any questions about the city of Manchester then feel free to ask me, I know it really well!

I've tried to make myself forget about it in the hopes that I'll suddenly be surprised by an offer, and that has only happened once so far with Hull :L
Good luck with kings, I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile: what are the grade requirements for it? Ok thanks, I can't think of any now but when I do, I'll ask :smile:
I would say "as I live in London you can ask me anything", but the few things I know about my city are: 1)Londoners are rude
2)everything is expensive
3) WEST END SHOPPING <3
Yep that's all my helpful advise :P good luck with kings and let me know WHEN you get your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied a month ago for Psychology and I've heard from every Uni apart from Manchester! Keeping me on the edge of my seat! :smile:
Reply 471
I just checked my junk folder and found an acknowledgment letter that was sent yesterday.....6 days after I sent in ny UCAS form. It's a start I guess so I know for sure now that they know of my existence :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SkAlley
I've tried to make myself forget about it in the hopes that I'll suddenly be surprised by an offer, and that has only happened once so far with Hull :L
Good luck with kings, I'm sure you'll get an offer :smile: what are the grade requirements for it? Ok thanks, I can't think of any now but when I do, I'll ask :smile:
I would say "as I live in London you can ask me anything", but the few things I know about my city are: 1)Londoners are rude
2)everything is expensive
3) WEST END SHOPPING <3
Yep that's all my helpful advise :P good luck with kings and let me know WHEN you get your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was my first offer, I hope we get an abundance of them now :tongue:
Thank you! AAB, I applied for religion, philosophy and ethics at King's though, straight philosophy is AAA.
Hahahaha. You'll love Manchester then. Generally speaking, people are friendly and random conversations happen quite a lot and as it's up north, everything is cheaper! I love shopping in London but I doubt I will be doing much shopping when I'm at uni, I'll be poor :rolleyes: I shall do IF I get one, I'm trying to prepare myself for rejection :colondollar: Let me know when Manchester get back to you!!
Anyone heard anything for Law yet? They seem to be taking their sweet time about it this year; on last year's offers page they were giving them out as early as October 25th!
Reply 474
Original post by William Turtle
Well I just got my offer made official yesterday (for Origami Bullets' benefit, as well as your own), so that'd be 6 days from last Wednesday (when my interview was). Offer was AAA in biology, chemistry and maths.

Thanks a lot :smile: The interview went well, you were right lol nothing to stress about, very relaxed.
Original post by Endless Blue
Anyone heard anything for Law yet? They seem to be taking their sweet time about it this year; on last year's offers page they were giving them out as early as October 25th!

There have been a couple - see the first page of this thread for a list of who
Received an offer for social anthropology last night, need ABB :smile: applied on October 23rd and they acknowledged my application on November 7th. I do Classical Civilisation, English literature and history, predicted AAA* and currently have AAB
I just got an email for a Mathematics and Statistics interview on 5th December :smile:! just wondering if anyone has been to an interview and can tell me what it's like? or any tips at all haha, thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 478
I'm applying for computer science.
I got an interview this Tuesday but I don't know whether it will be a formal or informal interview.
Will I be assessed base on my performance at the interview?
And will there be a test I need to sit on?
Application sent on 29/10 and got my offer on 6/11 for accounting and finance (: AB only

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending