The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Last year Kings sent their first invitations on 30th October. Things are moving really slowly this year - I wonder why???
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 401
Original post by sambe
Last year Kings sent their first invitations on 30th October. Things are moving really slowly this year - I wonder why???

I know! This is so frustrating!!!! It would be kinda rude to call them and ask what's the hold up though :P maybe someone here is more ballzy than I am hahaha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know the feeling, the wait is nothing short of torture. My BMAT went really bad and all my hopes are pinned on KCL. I hope they start interviewing soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 403
Original post by great life
I know the feeling, the wait is nothing short of torture. My BMAT went really bad and all my hopes are pinned on KCL. I hope they start interviewing soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah you applied to 3 BMAT unis?
At this point, I'm more pissed off/frustrated than anxious/nervous that King's is taking their own sweet time processing our applications. Arghhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 404
I'll email them. All this waiting is freaking me out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've applied to Kings with 737.5 on the UKCAT, 9A*s and 1A and GCSE and 4A's at AS. Does anyone know whether Kings looks at individual scores on the UKCAT as my abstract reasoning was pretty bad.

I'm not too fussed about the lack of reply - even if Kings' first interviews are right at the start of December, the first round of replies probably still wouldn't be for another week or so. I haven't had responses from any unis yet, but I wish they'd just hurry up!
Reply 406
Original post by lulib

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the first batch of interviews start in late November all the way until the 19th of December until they break for Christmas? If that's the case (and if they are sticking to the 2 weeks notification period), invites should start going out late this week/next week at the latest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cephalosporin
I thought the first batch of interviews start in late November all the way until the 19th of December until they break for Christmas? If that's the case (and if they are sticking to the 2 weeks notification period), invites should start going out late this week/next week at the latest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont actually know for sure, I'm just going on what was said earlier on in this post from someone who called admissions. I hope you're right though! :smile:
Reply 409

Thanks. The wait is getting to me too.
I just called up admissions but I don't know how reliable the information is but the guy said that they'd started giving them out, however he didn't sound sure at all! has anyone else called them up?
Original post by nindeappan
I just called up admissions but I don't know how reliable the information is but the guy said that they'd started giving them out, however he didn't sound sure at all! has anyone else called them up?

Theory: Ridiculously high UKCAT:GCSE scorers were invited to interview first. We don't know this because they don't procrastinate on TSR. XP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulib

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let us know what they say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Theory: Ridiculously high UKCAT:GCSE scorers were invited to interview first. We don't know this because they don't procrastinate on TSR. XP

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha true that! I know a few people with 12A* and above 800 UKCAT, who never use TSR! Thankfully they didn't apply to King's though :smile:
Reply 414
Hi
I got 6A* 4A B at gcse
Predicted A* A* A A at a2
780 in UKCat
Will the fact that I came from a state school be considered for the lack of all A*s at gcse? or do they not even care where you come from just the grades?
also I took maths early which is one of my A* is this going to hold me back?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 415
Original post by nindeappan

I emailed them. But they haven't answered yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 416
Original post by lulib
I emailed them. But they haven't answered yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just phoned. The November interviews will be for graduates. School leavers will be interviewed from the beginning of December and invitations for interview will go out roughly two weeks before each interview date.
Reply 417
Does anyone know of they interview the strongest applicants first or isit in random order?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418
Original post by nana96
Does anyone know of they interview the strongest applicants first or isit in random order?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going on last year's thread - it looks like strongest first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worry about it :smile: I got 842.5 in my UKCAT and not only have I heard nothing from any of my universities regarding interviews but I am on the student room almost evert day!

Quick Reply

Latest