The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by sambe
Just phoned. The November interviews will be for graduates. School leavers will be interviewed from the beginning of December and invitations for interview will go out roughly two weeks before each interview date.

Any graduates (hell, any human being for that matter) heard anything from kings????

Even if grads are being interviewed end of Nov, they should bloody well have heard from kings by now...

UGHHHH. Patience running low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 421
no grads get interviewed early Jan....from my convo with KCL, they will give a couple of weeks notice...

Original post by franngu
Any graduates (hell, any human being for that matter) heard anything from kings????

Even if grads are being interviewed end of Nov, they should bloody well have heard from kings by now...

UGHHHH. Patience running low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 422
Original post by Moo321
no grads get interviewed early Jan....from my convo with KCL, they will give a couple of weeks notice...

Hmm... someone mentioned in a few posts earlier that they called up Kings and was told that grads get interviewed in Nov and the rest Dec onwards. Someone else mentioned earlier that they called up and was told Kings only start interviewing in Dec all together...

Why is there such inconsistency from Kings?!?!?!

I swear Kings is just trying to mess with us... :mad: It's hard to believe they are actually this uncoordinated and disorganized.
Reply 423
Original post by franngu
Hmm... someone mentioned in a few posts earlier that they called up Kings and was told that grads get interviewed in Nov and the rest Dec onwards. Someone else mentioned earlier that they called up and was told Kings only start interviewing in Dec all together...

Why is there such inconsistency from Kings?!?!?!

I swear Kings is just trying to mess with us... :mad: It's hard to believe they are actually this uncoordinated and disorganized.

Hi, I received an email saying that the interviews will be early Jan. Did you get that email. I think PITTAWITHCHEESE (i hope that is right) cut and pasted the letter.
Reply 424
Original post by Moo321
Hi, I received an email saying that the interviews will be early Jan. Did you get that email. I think PITTAWITHCHEESE (i hope that is right) cut and pasted the letter.

Again... waddup with all these inconsistencies?!?! (not that I don't trust you guys, it's Kings I'm frustrated with)

I didn't get any email... did anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
Original post by franngu
Again... waddup with all these inconsistencies?!?! (not that I don't trust you guys, it's Kings I'm frustrated with)

I'll send it to you directly
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 426
[QUOTE="Moo321;45170694"]
Original post by franngu

Here is the letter PWC posted:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for applying for the Graduate Entry Medicine Programme at King’s College London.

We are currently in the process of assessing all applications for our Medicine programmes, we receive thousands of applications and it does take some time to assess the eligibility of them all. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you are to be invited to an interview. In the meantime we may need to contact you if we require further information via MyApplication so please ensure you check your messages regularly.

For the graduate programme we run multiple mini interviews, these are scheduled over two days in January. Due to the nature of the interviews it is not possible to interview applicants at any other time. The interviews will take place on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th January 2014, please make a note of these dates in case you are invited to interview.

If you have any questions about the admissions process you can always contact us via MyApplication.

The Medicine Admissions Team

Ah I see the misunderstanding here. You were talking about grad interviews only. I was talking about interviews in general :smile: I'm not a grad. Anyway, I hope you helped the grads on here!
Original post by Harryrossspencer
I wouldn't worry about it :smile: I got 842.5 in my UKCAT and not only have I heard nothing from any of my universities regarding interviews but I am on the student room almost evert day!

That's an amazing UKCAT score!

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
It's official - no interviews in November. They will be starting in Dec through to April. I emailed them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by franngu
It's official - no interviews in November. They will be starting in Dec through to April. I emailed them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 430
Original post by lulib
When did you receive the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them an hour ago and they replied almost immediately :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franngu

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you mind copy/pasting the email for us to see? i'm just curious
Reply 432
Original post by franngu

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them 2 days ago and they still haven't replied o.o I think I'm gonna hate them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 433
Original post by AlfredChin
would you mind copy/pasting the email for us to see? i'm just curious

Dear Miss _____,

A100 applicants will be interview between Dec and April. Invited applicants will be given at least 2 weeks notice

Yours sincerely,
Katie Goodwin, Admission Officer, Medicine

*Notice the typo she made. They probably send this standard email to a lot of people...
Original post by x_ANT
Hi guys, I'm just going into 2nd year doing medicine at King's. If you've got any questions about applying or the course, feel free to ask.

Hi, I hope you can help, but understand if you can't because I know the workload you have! But, if you could, could you shed some light on what the interview process is like and out of the ordinary questions I should be aware of? Thanks!
Original post by DrApy
I've lost all hope with kings now. I applied with a 687.5 UKCAT and 4 A*s and 7 As at GCSE. I got 4 As at AS but this wasn't my first time doing AS. I do have mitigating circumstances for this. But, I'm still so worried now. People applying to Kings have crazy UKCAT scores!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

never, EVER loose hope.
:smile:
Reply 436
Copied/pasted from EMDP thread:

Was at King's on Wednesday spoke to the Head of Admissions - FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!!! (this was NOT an interview),,,,,,
And for anyone panicking don't worry they hav'nt sent any interviews out yet because they are STILL waiting for the UKCAT information..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 437
Original post by sambe

Was at King's on Wednesday spoke to the Head of Admissions - FREAKED ME THE HELL OUT!!! (this was NOT an interview),,,,,,
And for anyone panicking don't worry they hav'nt sent any interviews out yet because they are STILL waiting for the UKCAT information..

STILL...?!?! This is insanity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sambe

That really can't be right. I know both Imperial GEP and Newcastle have started handing out interviews earlier this week to the highest UKCAT scorers. Also, according to UKCAT's twitter page, the score delivery process completed on Friday of last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 439
Original post by Cephalosporin
That really can't be right. I know both Imperial GEP and Newcastle have started handing out interviews earlier this week to the highest UKCAT scorers. Also, according to UKCAT's twitter page, the score delivery process completed on Friday of last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unis have to match each student id to their ukcat score. Sounds more like an internal issue - this process has not been completed yet??

Quick Reply

Latest