The Student Room Group

Guys: are "natural" girls as attractive?

Poll

Do you find "natural" girls as attractive?

Say someone didn't wear any make-up, any nail polish or much perfume, and dressed in more of a "tomboyish" way (e.g. leather jackets, T-shirts, jeans and trainers), but was in very good shape and took care of their "natural" looks (e.g. had great skin and hair and all that jazz), would you find them less attractive due to being less "styled up"?

I'm just curious to see whether this sort of thing actually matters to guys. I don't bother wearing make-up and stuff and I still get male attention, but I was wondering if that were generally the case.

Vote away.

:cookie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I'm gay so if you're asking about me being attracted to them, I cant help you there. How ever, I feel that a girl should dress/wear/not-wear what ever they want to feel comfortable as long as they, (to but it bluntly) don't take the piss with it. Like wearing so much make-up that you wouldn't recognise them without it.
Reply 2
a lot of attraction is down to pheremones. as long as your pheremones are able to reach the male vomero-nasal receptors you will be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
a lot of attraction is down to pheremones. as long as your pheremones are able to reach the male vomero-nasal receptors you will be fine.

Lmao

If you're gonna troll me, stick to talking about working-class men with beefy muscles, that **** turns me on. :tongue:
Reply 4
I like when a girl is confident enough to not wear makeup and have her own style, that in itself is very attractive imo
Reply 5
Original post by Alpha brah
Lmao

If you're gonna troll me, stick to talking about working-class men with beefy muscles, that **** turns me on. :tongue:

hi Alpha... i did not notice it was you :colondollar:

i was actually making a serious point about how men are attracted to the ladies by their chemicals.
Reply 6
Original post by e hine e
What a heterosexist thread title.

I don't see how it's heterosexist? I did obviously target the thread at straight people, but if you want to borrow the thread title and make your own thread for LGBT people, I wouldn't mind in the slightest. :smile:
Reply 7
I much prefer girls who don't put make up/put minimal makeup on rather than those who use their face as a colouring book.
Reply 8
Original post by r2144
Well, I'm gay so if you're asking about me being attracted to them, I cant help you there. How ever, I feel that a girl should dress/wear/not-wear what ever they want to feel comfortable as long as they, (to but it bluntly) don't take the piss with it. Like wearing so much make-up that you wouldn't recognise them without it.

Obviously (I certainly do :P). Was just curious.
Say someone didn't wear any make-up, any nail polish or much perfume, and dressed in more of a "tomboyish" way (e.g. leather jackets, T-shirts, jeans and trainers), but was in very good shape and took care of their "natural" looks (e.g. had great skin and hair and all that jazz), would you find them less attractive due to being less "styled up"?

I'm just curious to see whether this sort of thing actually matters to guys. I don't bother wearing make-up and stuff and I still get male attention, but I was wondering if that were generally the case.

Vote away.

:cookie:

Your style is your personality, wearing a leather jacket has nothing to do with being natural Lol.

I prefer good looking natural girls when they aren't wearing makeup, I use to be with a girl who was so attractive that when ever she put on makeup she would diminish her attractiveness, because although she would still look good, it was a fake due to the makeup. She actually ended up wearing minimal makeup which pleased me immensely.

But some girls need makeup, not because they are hideous but they just need it alright. :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by the bear
hi Alpha... i did not notice it was you :colondollar:

i was actually making a serious point about how men are attracted to the ladies by their chemicals.

Oh hai there :colondollar: I'm not convinced, based on the way you phrased that thing about the receptors. :tongue:

But any serious opinion on the thread? Lol
Reply 11
Original post by DannyYYYY
I much prefer girls who don't put make up/put minimal makeup on rather than those who use their face as a colouring book.

So if someone's pretty (even though well applied makeup would make them look stunning), even no make-up at all is fine? :smile:
More.
Reply 13
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
Your style is your personality, wearing a leather jacket has nothing to do with being natural Lol.

I prefer good looking natural girls when they aren't wearing makeup, I use to be with a girl who was so attractive that when ever she put on makeup she would diminish her attractiveness, because although she would still look good, it was a fake due to the makeup. She actually ended up wearing minimal makeup which pleased me immensely.

But some girls need makeup, not because they are hideous but they just need it alright. :tongue:

It's more tomboyish though :tongue:

I don't think too many people "need make-up." I personally have good skin etc. and don't wear it, but even if you have spots or something plastering on foundation or whatevs will just make stuff worse :tongue:
Reply 14

No it's not, it's directed to straight men and whether they find natural girls attractive, nothing more & nothing less.
Reply 15

Ah, to be a TSR cliche...
Reply 16
Original post by So Instinct
More.

Interesting, why do you say that? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Jjj90
Ah, to be a TSR cliche...

I didn't mean to sound "heterosexist." :confused:
It's more tomboyish though :tongue:

I don't think too many people "need make-up." I personally have good skin etc. and don't wear it, but even if you have spots or something plastering on foundation or whatevs will just make stuff worse :tongue:

I like to see. :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Ripper-Roo
No it's not, it's directed to straight men and whether they find natural girls attractive, nothing more & nothing less.

I think she means that it's focused solely on straight people solely because of that. I didn't mean to offend her but maybe that's the way it seems from her perspective. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest