The Student Room Group

How do you get B's up to A's?

All my target grades are B's, and I know that I won't come out all B's because there's some I think I'll manage to get an A on but I really want there to be more A's than B's. But I don't know what to do to get up to an A, and I know this is a vague question but I just want a general response.

Any advice?:smile:
You have to work a bit harder and not try to kid yourself about what you don't know, learn everything and tighten every nook and cranny
Original post by mehvisha
All my target grades are B's, and I know that I won't come out all B's because there's some I think I'll manage to get an A on but I really want there to be more A's than B's. But I don't know what to do to get up to an A, and I know this is a vague question but I just want a general response.

! :smile:, ah that's really good that you want to beat your target grades and I'm sure you'll do it!
Basically for GCSE's I just learned the revision guides and then did past papers and learnt the mark scheme etc. However, I spent time doing this. I think I learned biology over a holiday because it was interesting. Also, make sure you put lots of effort into your coursework, redo it etc. (if you still have coursework?)
Be confident! When I did my GCSEs just over a year and a half ago (June 2012), I was predicted all A's and B's, I panicked like an absolute idiot during all my exams, and didn't believe in myself so I came out with shocking GCSE results, 2A's 2B's and the remaining C's...... despite getting A's in all my coursework, so honestly, you've gotta' believe in yourself and everything will be okay! :-) :-)

and of course, you've got to study like mad, and if you get on with your teachers, this helps greatly!
Reply 4
Original post by mehvisha

At the start of year 10 I was predicted a B for French and yet in my year 10 mocks I got an A so now my predicted grade is an A*! I think you just need to be dedicated to your school work and maybe do extra work other than just the homework you get. Revision is also really important doing an extra 1 hour revision for each subject could make all the difference between an A and a B. Predicted or target grades are not necessarily based on your actual ability so just work your hardest and do some extra work and then hopefully you'll get the grades you want. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
well I'm going to start revising all my subjects a bit at a time until exam time but I'm going to start this after i have done my physics coursework

Quick Reply

Latest