The Student Room Group

Is this "Britain's horniest student"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by officelinebacker
Trust me, she doesn't even try and pull, she just flings herself at the nearest guy.

I'm a student at Exeter, and I've seen her several times on nights out, and every single time she literally spends the entire night launching herself at the nearest bloke until one of them decides they want to go home with her.

Britain's horniest student? I highly doubt it.

Britain's sluttiest/skankiest student? Quite possibly.

*Books train ticket to Exeter*

Good for her, she likes having sex, so what? 2013 and we are still slut shaming. If a guy had won the competition we all know that there would be no news story.

I think it's quite sad that one of the worst rated comments is "there's nothing degrading about a girl liking sex"
Reply 61
Original post by officelinebacker
No, she's just a whore with no standards.

What's the difference meant to be between that and a girl who's a player? :tongue:
My IQ dropped just looking at that article.

Why did you post this?
Reply 63
Original post by WGR
*Books train ticket to Exeter*

Good for her, she likes having sex, so what? 2013 and we are still slut shaming. If a guy had won the competition we all know that there would be no news story.

I think it's quite sad that one of the worst rated comments is "there's nothing degrading about a girl liking sex"

I'm not trying to slut shame, I just thought it was surprising. There'd be a hoo-ha in the paper if a guy had won the competition too, though I agree that there's still a double standard.
Reply 64
Original post by DannyYYYY
My IQ dropped just looking at that article.

Why did you post this?

I wanted to see what people's opinions were. I don't tend to frequent the DM comments, FOR :tongue:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Not sure what the deal is :holmes: although I question the competition but she's an adult, she can do what she wants...
Reply 66
Original post by keromedic
Not sure what the deal is :holmes: although I question the competition but she's an adult, she can do what she wants...

TBH I largely wanted to see if this were considered normal at uni :dontknow:
Original post by Alpha brah
I'm not trying to slut shame, I just thought it was surprising. There'd be a hoo-ha in the paper if a guy had won the competition too, though I agree that there's still a double standard.

Yes, but it's still her hoo-ha the paper's are interested in...

Spoiler

Reply 68
Original post by BeautifulPotato
Yes, but it's still her hoo-ha the paper's are interested in...

Spoiler

I didn't mean to be a dick. If it had been a guy, the papers would have dicked around to no end.

Spoiler

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507149/Elina-Desaine-named-Britains-Horniest-Student-degrading-online-competition.html

Yeah, I know, Daily Mail lol.

Still... wow, 3 new guys a week? Is this common at uni? :eek:

She's ugly I can't believe guys actually slept with that
Reply 70
Original post by DarkWhite
I don't see what the problem is to be honest.

It's obviously a much higher ratio of new partners to established ones than you'd expect, but she says she only has safe sex, and as long as she's not misleading people into thinking they'll be getting something more long-term, then she's hardly hurting anyone.

People enjoy sex; she's doing what she enjoys :smile:

To me, it's her pride in it that I find weird, not the fact she's so promiscuous. However, I find guys that brag about how much sex they have annoying too.
Things like this make me glad I'm applying to Exeter :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by Kruz
She's ugly I can't believe guys actually slept with that
Just goes to show how ridiculously easy it is for girls to get sex. No guy would even be able to get that much action, unless he was very famous or incredibly good looking.
Reply 73
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Things like this make me glad I'm applying to Exeter :smile:

Does it have a reputation for that?
Does it have a reputation for that?

Yeah it's got a bit of a reputation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by MJ1012
To me, it's her pride in it that I find weird, not the fact she's so promiscuous. However, I find guys that brag about how much sex they have annoying too.

Same. I'm not slut-shaming but why would you go and pose in the newspaper about this? :eek:
Reply 76
The Daily Fail is a conclusive source of absolutely nothing.
Reply 77
Original post by Hyde
The Daily Fail is a conclusive source of absolutely nothing.

Agreed there lawl, I couldn't find another article
Reply 78
Same. I'm not slut-shaming but why would you go and pose in the newspaper about this? :eek:

Exactly, not something to be ashamed of, but not something to be proud of either IMO.
Reply 79
*Sigh* Should have gone to Exeter...

Quick Reply

Latest