The Student Room Group

hair extensions weave for white girls?

i have tried clip in hair extensions but theyv never looked realistic and so been a complete waste of money. i want to get them weaved in. i want to know what places i can go to get this done and are they easy to maintain?

i know a lot of africans do this but do hairdressers do weaves?
Original post by raf123321
i have tried clip in hair extensions but theyv never looked realistic and so been a complete waste of money. i want to get them weaved in. i want to know what places i can go to get this done and are they easy to maintain?

I had a weave for about a year and a half. It did look good, but was really expensive and really hard to look after. You need to get them tightened every couple of week and it pulled out a lot of my hair. I had to remove it after such a long time and my already thin hair was much thinner afterwards!
hmm if you go on youtube you should be able to find loads of videos on how to maintain them and look after it. I'm sure you should be able to find a decent hairdresser who also does weaves. You could try looking up hairdressers in your area and then asking them about it..possibly they might even let you come in to see someone who is having the weave done and then you can see for yourself if you would like it :K:?
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah, thats true, look around first.
did you go for it?
Reply 5
Original post by raf123321

An Afro-Caribbean hair salon would be a good bet,have seen quite a few White women choosing to have their weave done there.
The week before Christmas while having my eyebrows threaded I complimented a woman who was having a Brazilian 18 inch weave sewn in,to be fair looked a Lot more realistic than usual:-)
Reply 6
I used to have clip in extensions that were real hair, I dyed them and my hair exactly the same colour and they blended in perfectly, also depends on the texture and layering of the extensions. I wouldn't recommend a weave as it will thin out and damage your hair and is only really a short term option
(the picture I added is me a few years ago with extensions in ImageUploadedByStudent Room1390347741.798349.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I've also heard that weaves damage the hair after a while
What did you decide on?
Reply 9
Original post by shelleyjohn1
I had a weave for about a year and a half. It did look good, but was really expensive and really hard to look after. You need to get them tightened every couple of week and it pulled out a lot of my hair. I had to remove it after such a long time and my already thin hair was much thinner afterwards!

You shouldn't have had a weave in for that long, that's why your hair thinned
Original post by shelleyjohn1

Yeah, that's a terribly long time. The maximum is three months I think and even then a lot of people will remove it after a month and a half to prevent hair damage. I'd change hairdressers if I were you as that's horrendous practice.
Reply 11
I've heard that Bellami hair is really good and the extensions last a while

Quick Reply

Latest