The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Gotzz
Interesting! Thanks so much. Did Sheffield tell you the conditions of your offer on the day you visited?
Edit: congrats on all the offers! I have one :colondollar:

They did, but didn't tell everyone for some reason :') Thank you! I'm sure you'll get more soon, I probably applied before you or something! My friend applied a week after me to most of the same places and only has one offer, so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 481
Original post by lizz-ie
They did, but didn't tell everyone for some reason :') Thank you! I'm sure you'll get more soon, I probably applied before you or something! My friend applied a week after me to most of the same places and only has one offer, so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied on 15th October, how about you? :smile:
Reply 482
Original post by Gotzz
I applied on 15th October, how about you? :smile:

4th October, finished my application way before then but my school refused to send it off until that date!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
Original post by lizz-ie
4th October, finished my application way before then but my school refused to send it off until that date!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. Have you been doing any preparation for Oxford?
Reply 484
Original post by Gotzz
Ah ok. Have you been doing any preparation for Oxford?

Not much as of yet, I might not actually be able to go to an interview though, even if I get one :s-smilie:
How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 485
Original post by lizz-ie
Not much as of yet, I might not actually be able to go to an interview though, even if I get one :s-smilie:
How about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, because of an operation? What would you have to do in that case?
I haven't yet :frown: Need to start revising my AS stuff, most importantly. I'm not sure if I should self teach some of unit 1 of the A2 because my teacher taught us unit 2 first... :/
Original post by andyt8765
Waiting for the train after the York UCAS day. My interview was great, it was just an informal chat and the professor did most of the talking :biggrin:

If anyone has any questions, just ask. It really isn't anything to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it like a proper interview? What did they ask you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
Was it like a proper interview? What did they ask you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, but it depends on who interviews you. He asked the typical 'why York?' and 'why chemistry?' questions, and then mostly just picked up on something I'd said and started talking about it :lol: I was only asked a couple subject questions.

Another girl I talked to said she was asked quite a few, but it was still a fairly relaxed experience :smile:
Reply 488
Anyone been invited to a chemistry applicant open day st Kings College on the 21st of november?
Original post by andyt8765
Not really, but it depends on who interviews you. He asked the typical 'why York?' and 'why chemistry?' questions, and then mostly just picked up on something I'd said and started talking about it :lol: I was only asked a couple subject questions.

Another girl I talked to said she was asked quite a few, but it was still a fairly relaxed experience :smile:

That sounds quite alright. I feel not as nervous about it now :biggrin: did they mention when will they update the UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 490
Original post by Gotzz
Oh yeah, because of an operation? What would you have to do in that case?
I haven't yet :frown: Need to start revising my AS stuff, most importantly. I'm not sure if I should self teach some of unit 1 of the A2 because my teacher taught us unit 2 first... :/

Yeah :/ I was originally told that I'd be okay to go, but today they told me I probably won't be. I won't actually know until after I've had the surgery. I'm going to talk to the person at my school who is in charge of UCAS, and then might call Oxford to see what they say. Stressful! :frown:
I don't think they will expect you to know much that you haven't been taught, but learning a bit of it can't hurt! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bookler_Natsu
That sounds quite alright. I feel not as nervous about it now :biggrin: did they mention when will they update the UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's nothing to get nervous about :smile: They said they'll send the offer through UCAS within a week :biggrin:
Reply 492
Original post by lizz-ie
Yeah :/ I was originally told that I'd be okay to go, but today they told me I probably won't be. I won't actually know until after I've had the surgery. I'm going to talk to the person at my school who is in charge of UCAS, and then might call Oxford to see what they say. Stressful! :frown:
I don't think they will expect you to know much that you haven't been taught, but learning a bit of it can't hurt! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, well best of luck.
I guess so, I will learn some if I have the time!
I've recently applied to Bristol, Warwick, UCL and Surrey to study Chemistry. I assume I will have to be interviewed for both UCL and Bristol, but does anyone know if they interview for Surrey or Warwick?
Reply 494
Original post by Madelaine1996
I've recently applied to Bristol, Warwick, UCL and Surrey to study Chemistry. I assume I will have to be interviewed for both UCL and Bristol, but does anyone know if they interview for Surrey or Warwick?

Good luck with your application. People have already received offers on this thread from Warwick, without interviews, so I'd presume no. :smile:
Original post by keelahla
Anyone been invited to a chemistry applicant open day st Kings College on the 21st of november?

I have, are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Madelaine1996

I've had an offer from surrey without van interview
Original post by Fullycorporate
I have, are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys you should really look up kings chemistry course before making any decisions. Its not that great.
Reply 498
I dont know if I am going because its just an open day
Original post by Nitrogen
Guys you should really look up kings chemistry course before making any decisions. Its not that great.

Well I know that the course isn't accredited... but I really like King's. What's so bad about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending