The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by emilyross17
When I emailed the department they said they had a short time to short list people and invite them to interview so think we find out just before Xmas x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good then. Hopefully we all get good news.

Yes im also going to apply to City and was thinking of Essex but it's quite far for me.
Reply 161
Original post by Kerrison
Regarding the UCL application, does anybody know if our referees have to upload their reference or do they email it to UCL? My second referee said he's emailed the reference twice now but I haven't recieved a confirmation from UCL to say they have got it, so I assume something isn't right?

It's done online I think, not by email. UCL should've emailed your referee a link. They then fill in the form online and upload.

Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Hello!

Just wondered if anyone knows where to upload the City 'Additional Statement' on the online application form?? Can't seem to find any info/anywhere to upload it on the form.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Original post by aking91
Hello!

Just wondered if anyone knows where to upload the City 'Additional Statement' on the online application form?? Can't seem to find any info/anywhere to upload it on the form.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,
You can upload two documents into the bit where you put your personal statement so that is where I uploaded mine. Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Hello,

Is anyone planning to upload a CV to the City application? There's only room for three work experience entries and very little space to write about them on the online form...
Reply 165
Is it ok to just write SALT rather than writing Speech and Language Therapy ? And for SEN?
Reply 166
I've been using abbreviations like SLT, SENCo etc. throughout my applications as the word counts are tiny for some! I did write out more obscure abbreviations in full (e.g. Area Resource Base instead of ARB) for clarity though.

I also heard from a little birdie (my Makaton tutor) that Speech and Language Therapists are now "officially" called SLTs instead of SALTs so I've stuck to the former, but I don't think it matters very much.
Reply 167
Ok i need to help urgently - how do i do the finance section for the City application??? i havent contacted anyone about funding or anything yet.. was i supposed to have? how do i do this?

Stressing out so much!
Reply 168
Original post by SALT2014
Ok i need to help urgently - how do i do the finance section for the City application??? i havent contacted anyone about funding or anything yet.. was i supposed to have? how do i do this?

Stressing out so much!

Just to clarify - i require NHS funding, what option to i select? NHS Trust?
Reply 169
Hi guys im applying to city university at the moment but can't find my a level certificates ANYWHERE. Iv got the results forms for each a level, do you think that will be enough?
I know they definitely need your degree certificate and transcript but im sure at the opening evening they said its not essential for them to see your a level certificates? I may be wrong though! Can anyone help!? x
Reply 170
Original post by Sharxxx
Hi guys im applying to city university at the moment but can't find my a level certificates ANYWHERE. Iv got the results forms for each a level, do you think that will be enough?
I know they definitely need your degree certificate and transcript but im sure at the opening evening they said its not essential for them to see your a level certificates? I may be wrong though! Can anyone help!? x

I don't have my A-Level certificates either. I'm pretty sure degree certificate and transcript is fine. It's your most recent academic qualification they're interested in.
Reply 171
Original post by Katehb
I don't have my A-Level certificates either. I'm pretty sure degree certificate and transcript is fine. It's your most recent academic qualification they're interested in.

Ah ok, so have you not included any evidence of your a-levels?
Reply 172
Original post by Sharxxx
Ah ok, so have you not included any evidence of your a-levels?

Nope. I did them such a long time ago, I wouldn't know where to start looking...!

On the form it says: "You will need to provide a copy of your degree certificate, and if your degree was gained overseas, transcripts of all your results."

It doesn't specifically ask for a copy of A-Level certificates.

If you're worried, you could give the admissions office a call tomorrow.
Reply 173
Original post by Katehb
Nope. I did them such a long time ago, I wouldn't know where to start looking...!

On the form it says: "You will need to provide a copy of your degree certificate, and if your degree was gained overseas, transcripts of all your results."

It doesn't specifically ask for a copy of A-Level certificates.

If you're worried, you could give the admissions office a call tomorrow.

Hi, sorry to butt in here, but you have applied to City? Im have difficulty with my finance section, what did you put? assuming you require a nhs funded place..
Reply 174
Hi, sorry to butt in here, but you have applied to City? Im have difficulty with my finance section, what did you put? assuming you require a nhs funded place..

Hello. I haven't completed that bit yet but the course fees are automatically paid by the NHS - you don't need to have applied for NHS funding at this stage. So don't panic!
I'm don't think that bit of the form is mandatory. Can you just leave it blank?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by Katehb
Hello. I haven't completed that bit yet but the course fees are automatically paid by the NHS - you don't need to have applied for NHS funding at this stage. So don't panic!
I'm don't think that bit of the form is mandatory. Can you just leave it blank?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are given the option of 1) self funded 2)sponder/studentship 3)nhs trust - you have to select one and then there are new questions to answer after selecting of which you do not need to fill in

I dont know what one to select - i tried selecting NHS trust but then at the end when reviewing the application, it says that i selected sponsorship but i hadnt! =/

Thanks for your reply btw :smile:
Reply 176
You are given the option of 1) self funded 2)sponder/studentship 3)nhs trust - you have to select one and then there are new questions to answer after selecting of which you do not need to fill in

I dont know what one to select - i tried selecting NHS trust but then at the end when reviewing the application, it says that i selected sponsorship but i hadnt! =/

Thanks for your reply btw :smile:

Hmmm... I'd probably go for the sponsor/studentship/other option. And say fees to be paid by NHS.

Hope that helps.

I'll be so glad when I'm done with these applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
Original post by Katehb
Hmmm... I'd probably go for the sponsor/studentship/other option. And say fees to be paid by NHS.

Hope that helps.

I'll be so glad when I'm done with these applications!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them yesterday and they replied this morning (love how responsive the are!)

They said that if you require NHS funding you must select Sponser and enter in the information below:

Name of person/body responsible for paying your fees:
NHS Student Bursaries

Address
Ridgway House
Middlebrook

Horwich

Bolton

Postcode
BL6 6PQ

Telephone
0300 330 1345 or 0191 279 0570

Fax

Email address
[email protected]

Just submitted my application, good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 178
I emailed them yesterday and they replied this morning (love how responsive the are!)

They said that if you require NHS funding you must select Sponser and enter in the information below:

Name of person/body responsible for paying your fees:
NHS Student Bursaries

Address
Ridgway House
Middlebrook

Horwich

Bolton

Postcode
BL6 6PQ

Telephone
0300 330 1345 or 0191 279 0570

Fax

Email address
[email protected]

Just submitted my application, good luck everyone :smile:

Thanks so much for this info.

Best of luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
I was wondering if anyone knows where we can find the application form for Reading? I saw on their website it said to email them for a form but I haven't been sent anything yet. Also does anyone know if the Reading references have to be in on the 1st December too?

Thank you!

Latest