The Student Room Group

Motorbike Society- IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Texan88
THIS!! wtf when did you get a daytona?

I have one, its just hiding behind a guarded fence next to the New Life flats....
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Didn't landy buy a car too?

Haven't done yet. Still have my pretty, little CBR sitting out the front but I may sell her once I pass my driving test.
Since when did you have a Daytona!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Texan88
THIS!! wtf when did you get a daytona?

I've had it about a year now, though it doesn't run.
i also find its a bit too small and plasticly for me, too worried to get on because it would probably break it.

pictures

Original post by LandyJon
Haven't done yet. Still have my pretty, little CBR sitting out the front but I may sell her once I pass my driving test.

nooo, you cant do that, im wimping out enough but at least im still riding the bike!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by curtis871
Nobody intends to crash as far as I know :P.

There are those people who deliberately cause crashes so that they can get insurance pay outs, called bash cash!

I know quite an obscure point but there are some ;p
Buying a bike/large scooter soon and now looking into what type of insurance I need. SDP+C or business use. I want to use it for personal use and to commute to my normal workplaces (multiple which I assume doesn't matter?) as a minimum so SDP won't cover me but I work at more than one usual place of work (which I think is fine for SDP+C?). What I'm less sure of is if I use it during work to go off site to help the drivers load and unload (i.e follow the van jump off when they arrive, help load up/unload then drive back to a normal place of work when they have things that need more than 3 people to lift). For that will SDP+C cover me?

Also anyone have opinions on the larger scooters (400cc and above), it seems the most practical solution for me but I don't want to spend that much money then regret it.
Original post by nick d terrier
There are those people who deliberately cause crashes so that they can get insurance pay outs, called bash cash!

I know quite an obscure point but there are some ;p

The risk seems a bit high on motorbikes though I guess some will still try it :confused:
The risk seems a bit high on motorbikes though I guess some will still try it :confused:

No I wasn't thinking about motorbikes, someone would have to be crazy to attempt that on motorbike. Very risky! What bike do you have anyways?
Buying a bike/large scooter soon and now looking into what type of insurance I need. SDP+C or business use. I want to use it for personal use and to commute to my normal workplaces (multiple which I assume doesn't matter?) as a minimum so SDP won't cover me but I work at more than one usual place of work (which I think is fine for SDP+C?). What I'm less sure of is if I use it during work to go off site to help the drivers load and unload (i.e follow the van jump off when they arrive, help load up/unload then drive back to a normal place of work when they have things that need more than 3 people to lift). For that will SDP+C cover me?

Also anyone have opinions on the larger scooters (400cc and above), it seems the most practical solution for me but I don't want to spend that much money then regret it.

most companies state theat SDP+C is to one place of work, might have to phone them to get multipule places of work.

also, to follow the drivers (and be riding while on work time) would mean you need business cover too
Original post by Boristhethird
I've had it about a year now, though it doesn't run.
i also find its a bit too small and plasticly for me, too worried to get on because it would probably break it.

pictures

Haha, sell it to wiggles, it's about her size :P
Reply 789
Haha, sell it to wiggles, it's about her size :P

I'd only take it if he offered me a mars bar,

I think i'm going to the nec. Anyone else?
Reply 790
Does look about her size, got those new gauntlets in a couple days ago, it's a night and day difference in how protected my hands feel. they are also much better at keeping me warm at night :biggrin:
Original post by nick d terrier
No I wasn't thinking about motorbikes, someone would have to be crazy to attempt that on motorbike. Very risky! What bike do you have anyways?

Whatever the hire company decides to give me for 2500 miles this time (new one on Monday but until then a 110 Honda scooter which is awful for what I do). I've had several other make and models of bikes and scooters from them though so no idea what I get this time.

most companies state theat SDP+C is to one place of work, might have to phone them to get multipule places of work.

also, to follow the drivers (and be riding while on work time) would mean you need business cover too

Ah that's a pain in the arse. So could I ride to one most regular place of work to a train station then get a train for the rest on SDP+C? I might just have to say I'm not insured to follow the drivers and not do those jobs.

Original post by Bathwiggle

What's happening at the nec? I am going to Birmingham soon so if it's at the same time and interesting I might make a detour :P.
Reply 792
Whatever the hire company decides to give me for 2500 miles this time (new one on Monday but until then a 110 Honda scooter which is awful for what I do). I've had several other make and models of bikes and scooters from them though so no idea what I get this time.

Ah that's a pain in the arse. So could I ride to one most regular place of work to a train station then get a train for the rest on SDP+C? I might just have to say I'm not insured to follow the drivers and not do those jobs.

would work be willing to pay your insurance to cover you to do those jobs?

What's happening at the nec? I am going to Birmingham soon so if it's at the same time and interesting I might make a detour :P.

motorcycle live. there is one at the excel in london late january but i prefer the one at b'ham. that and i need to take my baby bother food shopping as he's torn his acl ligament. it's 23rd to the 30th november. its definitely worth going. the last day is best for bargins.
Reply 793
motorcycle live. there is one at the excel in london late january but i prefer the one at b'ham. that and i need to take my baby bother food shopping as he's torn his acl ligament. it's 23rd to the 30th november. its definitely worth going. the last day is best for bargins.

We going Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

going on the 25th

check if they will, when i was at papa johns, the car drivers where insured SDP+C and there was a policy held by the shop that extended this to buisness use, they may do this.

big bike show!
most of the manufactures, some insurance companies and good deals on clothing!

I doubt they'd pay on the grounds of following the drivers as apparently that shouldn't be necessary as far as head office are concerned but as they pay travel expenses by train/bus to other places of work I guess it can't hurt to ask. Probably cheaper.

That sounds great, gonna have to see if I can change my plans slightly to fit it in. If not it'll be an excuse to go to London 2 months later I guess :P.

going on the 25th

check if they will, when i was at papa johns, the car drivers where insured SDP+C and there was a policy held by the shop that extended this to buisness use, they may do this.

big bike show!
most of the manufactures, some insurance companies and good deals on clothing!

Will call head office tomorrow and check but if they do nobody seems to know about it out of the 6 stores I've worked in so far :confused:
Reply 796
picked up a balaclava and some new ear buds, last night was stupid cold :colone:
Original post by Texan88
picked up a balaclava and some new ear buds, last night was stupid cold :colone:

Nice. I have my snood(Neck warming scarfy thing).

And switching my gloves to winters gloves. They're my brothers and on the other side of the country so need to be sent here.
Reply 798
Original post by Motorbiker
Nice. I have my snood(Neck warming scarfy thing).

And switching my gloves to winters gloves. They're my brothers and on the other side of the country so need to be sent here.

i dont need new gloves just need a set of under gloves :biggrin:
Original post by Texan88
i dont need new gloves just need a set of under gloves :biggrin:

These gloves are good because it's like Spock type gloves where your fingers can be together so stay warmer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending