The Student Room Group

Criticisms of radical feminism.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PoorlyTimedGimli
And my axe!!!

Would you care to elaborate?
Nobody tosses a dwarf.

I appreciate that but this thread is specifically relating to radical feminism and the damage it has caused.
It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.

I'm sure they are.
PoorlyTimedGimli may be my new favourite thing :redface:
Reply 44
Original post by Messalina

It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for dwarf men.

A bit like some radical feminists.

Dworkin_on_After_Dark.JPG
Reply 46
Original post by Rational Thinker
A bit like some radical feminists.

Dworkin_on_After_Dark.JPG

I can't take this thread seriously
Original post by Potterfan
I can't take this thread seriously

The thread points are serious and are visible in today's society, the picture of the deceased (thankfully) Andrea Dworkin is just to illustrate the irony of many radical feminists who are rather masculine and yet misandrist at the simultaneously. I wonder does this appearance lead to radical feminism or does radical feminism lead to this appearance?
Bring your pretty face to my axe.

I would love for you to axe Andrea Dworkin sadly though she is already deceased.
But that one counts as mine!

If you were responsible for Dworkin's death then I salute you.

His point about Dwarf men and women being similar applies to many a radical feminist, who seem to look more and more like the males they so despise.
His point about Dwarf men and women being similar applies to many a radical feminist, who seem to look more and more like the males they so despise.

You do know you're just spouting your opinion about this? Your opinion is not superior to anybody else's. Hate mongering against feminism won't do diddly squat. Funnily enough feminists are kind of used to it, and it doesn't stop them.
You do know you're just spouting your opinion about this? Your opinion is not superior to anybody else's. Hate mongering against feminism won't do diddly squat. Funnily enough feminists are kind of used to it, and it doesn't stop them.

First of all it is criticism of radical feminism, an ideology that has desperately tried to cause division in today's society. People are not fools though and see through radical feminism as can be seen from the poll. Like all hate movements radical feminism will die out, the sooner the better.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53

messi don't play with him there is no point you just be making yourself mad
First of all it is criticism of radical feminism, an ideology that has desperately tried to cause division in today's society. People are not fools though and see through radical feminism. Like all hate movements radical feminism will die out, the sooner the better.

But again, you're confusing radical feminism with your assumption of what radical feminism is. Dworkin was active years ago, not now, I'm fairly sure you have little knowledge of the current radical feminist spectrum. I suggest you do more recent homework, and since you're making all these claims, can you back them up from any veritable sources please? Or am I right in thinking a lot of this is just coming from your enthusiasm to demonize feminists with whatever derailing comment you come up with next?
But again, you're confusing radical feminism with your assumption of what radical feminism is. Dworkin was active years ago, not now, I'm fairly sure you have little knowledge of the current radical feminist spectrum. I suggest you do more recent homework, and since you're making all these claims, can you back them up from any veritable sources please? Or am I right in thinking a lot of this is just coming from your enthusiasm to demonize feminists with whatever derailing comment you come up with next?

No I am not. I know about how radical feminism ignores male on female violence, how radical feminism tries to divide people, you yourself are guilty of seeking to vilify males as another poster pointed out earlier in the thread. I certainly can back them up.
http://www.pellebilling.com/2012/08/excellent-article-by-former-radical-feminist/
Here is one from an ex radical feminist. The challenge is whether you can provide one which is not full of radical feminist rhetoric.
http://www.transadvocate.com/unpacking-transphobia-in-feminism.htm
Another one.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/octavia-sheepshanks/feminism-man-hating-myth_b_3292843.html
A third. Radical feminists are well known to have a corrosive place on social media.
Valerie Solanas, famously mentally ill, who died in 1988? Famously tried to kill Andy Warhol? Got sent to psychiatric hospital? She's as representative of feminism as this guy is of Islam http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2498212/Muslim-convert-tasered-police-heard-chanting-wanted-kill-non-Muslims-trying-kill-policemen-firefighters-knife-rampage.html

0/10
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Valerie Solanas, famously mentally ill, who died in 1988? Famously tried to kill Andy Warhol? Got sent to psychiatric hospital? She's as representative of feminism as this guy is of Islam http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2498212/Muslim-convert-tasered-police-heard-chanting-wanted-kill-non-Muslims-trying-kill-policemen-firefighters-knife-rampage.html

0/10

No one is claiming that she is representative of all feminism, please read the OP so you do not misinterpret my point, however certainly she may be more representative of the ideas of radical feminism.
No one is claiming that she is representative of all feminism, please read the OP so you do not misinterpret my point, however certainly she may be more representative of the ideas of radical feminism.

I read the scum manifesto years ago when it was linked to on a thread like this. (It is terribly apparent to be the thoughts of someone very ill.) No radical feminist I have ever argued or debated with in the ten years since has ever argued any position close to that of Solanas, or cited Solanas. Not even the ones who called me a male rights activist, and said I wasn't feminist enough!

There was one 16 year old on a student forum who argued similar things once, who got roundly drubbed every single day she posted a thread, including from the rad fems, but one day she posted a thread, to explain she had recently been put on medication, and apologised for being an absolute twit for the last year. Either was true, or she'd been trolling all along.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I read the scum manifesto years ago when it was linked to on a thread like this. (It is terribly apparent to be the thoughts of someone very ill.) No radical feminist I have ever argued or debated with in the ten years since has ever argued any position close to that of Solanas, or cited Solanas. Not even the ones who called me a male rights activist, and said I wasn't feminist enough!

There was one 16 year old on a student forum who argued similar things once, who got roundly drubbed every single day she posted a thread, including from the rad fems, but one day she posted a thread, to explain she had recently been put on medication, and apologised for being an absolute twit for the last year. Either was true, or she'd been trolling all along.

I would argue that the misandry Solana's expresses is very much apparent in the radical feminist community, there is a quote by Dworkins about how she would like to see males rendered helpless, now we can put this down to the violent day dreams of an overweight and rather unpleasant person that Dworkins was, but I am not convinced, if you read works by radical feminists such as Firestone their constant narrow aim is that vilifying males if would be farcical if it was not so disturbing. Look at the radical feminist "scholarship" on witchcraft which has claimed that 9 million women were burnt as witches during the witch trials, this is farcical considering the actual number was more like 50,000 (that includes males). I sense in this a disturbing aims by radical feminists to rather offensively in my opinion somehow equate those burnt as witches first of all as only women, (the same blatant ignorance of facts that radical feminists show is displayed in their denial of female on male domestic abuse) and secondly to equate this with the holocaust, a comparison that sheds light on how individual lives and collective groups are used by radical feminists as mere pawns. The radical feminists proposals are also pathetic gender segregation being one. Finally if you check the OP there is a news report link provided which details a group of radical feminists advertising the mutilation of males.

Quick Reply

Latest