The Student Room Group

Not sure what to think of her intentions

I met a girl recently who I bumped into on the street as we made our respective ways home. She's european and actually told me on the night we met she'd had a boyfriend of a month but gave me her number anyways after initially saying no.

We met for a drink and it went good. However by text and then to face she repeated that 'this is not a date' in a jokey way. She's a serious girl, not one to pull her pants down to anyone. Very nice and very pretty too.

I got into a similar mess at the start of the year with another girl who was seeing a guy of 4 years but then broke up with him. After I saw her she went back with her ex and I came out of it developing feelings for her and getting pissed.

Now this girl has only been seeing this guy for a month so it's not a deep relationship or anything. But I don't know if I should just leave it? I fear Ii might fall for her and then get down.

Or should I take my time and try meet up with her a few times and see what she says? Cas right now I can't understand her intentions. Or should I perhaps be blunt either by text or by face and say what I want and ask her what she wants?

Also she's a few years older than me (27) and knows I live at home ... would that be an issue? I'm just not sure where to go from here.

If I asked her out where would be a good place to invite her to? I don't just want to invite her to the pub, she's quite posh and seems well educated. She's from a well to do country. But then I find things like dinner corny and awkward.

Anyways, how should I play it?
If she has a boyfriend leave it. If she is faithful then you don't stand a chance, and if she's willing to dump him for you, she'll just as quickly dump you when someone else of interest comes along. Not worth the hassle.
Original post by tibbles209
If she has a boyfriend leave it. If she is faithful then you don't stand a chance, and if she's willing to dump him for you, she'll just as quickly dump you when someone else of interest comes along. Not worth the hassle.

Well they've only been seeing each other for a month. When we met for a drink she said her guy was 'weird' and things like that. They're not exactly super close or anything. But ye I see your point.
Reply 3
sounds like she's keen but weighing up whether or not you're worth going for.
meh I don't know. I think I'll just meet up with her a few times and hope for the best.
Original post by mylifeisover999
Well they've only been seeing each other for a month. When we met for a drink she said her guy was 'weird' and things like that. They're not exactly super close or anything. But ye I see your point.

I'd usually stay clear of anyone who isn't single. But I think seeing as she's seeing you and hasn't been with her bf long, get in there son!

Go to the theatre or a posh bar? It depends how forward you are with flirting and words. A bit early but she's at the start of being with someone else too, I guess maybe try to see who she spends more time with and likes more? Keep flirting or being really nice and just talk a lot and see her more. Then flirt more. See how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending