The Student Room Group

Is it silly to apply for 4/5 different degrees?

I have a lot of areas of interest basically, and I'm considering applying for the following degrees at different universities:

- Biology w/ Science & Society at Manchester University
- Chemistry at Warwick University
- Biological Sciences at Leicester University
- Biology w/ English Combined Honours at Liverpool University
- Undecided

I thought I could just apply to all of them, hopefully get a few offers and pick the one that suits me. It's just chemistry is my natural subject and also my strongest, but I can't even begin to imagine how difficult a chemistry degree will be but I don't feel like getting rid of it completely, whereas, biology seems easier but I personally find it harder than I do chemistry...
Reply 1
Be a bit hard to write about your passion for all of these in 1 personal statement.
Reply 2
Original post by Magenta96
I have a lot of areas of interest basically, and I'm considering applying for the following degrees at different universities:

- Biology w/ Science & Society at Manchester University
- Chemistry at Warwick University
- Biological Sciences at Leicester University
- Biology w/ English Combined Honours at Liverpool University
- Undecided

I thought I could just apply to all of them, hopefully get a few offers and pick the one that suits me. It's just chemistry is my natural subject and also my strongest, but I can't even begin to imagine how difficult a chemistry degree will be but I don't feel like getting rid of it completely, whereas, biology seems easier but I personally find it harder than I do chemistry...

I wouldn't recommend this because writing your personal statement might be a bit of a pain. Although your courses are similar it might not be too bad. But because you will have to include your interest in quite a few areas your personal statement might not be as stong compared to someone who mainly focused on one topic, chemistry for example.
However most people who do have more than one course choice tend to only pick 2/3 different courses.
Maybe a little more research into each course to try and narrow it down to 2/3 courses. If you still want to apply for 4/5 then I'm sure your college will help with your PS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending