The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
£15000, I earned that when I was in my first Job :smile: Aim higher, the minimum wage has to be somewhere near that for a 40hr week?
Reply 2
I would be happy with £50k at peak. Although my career is guaranteed to pay more which is sad because I would have to pay more tax :frown: I would like to move abroad and pay less tax and live in a hot country, Dubai sounds Ideal as do most Asian countries.
I don't really care to be honest. Ambition doesn't need to be directly correlated to how much you want to earn.
Original post by The Good Life
I'm only 22, birthday last month, haven't worked or studied in 4 years, I have no current plans to return to study or work, if I ever get a job I'd be satisfied to earn £15,000 per year, even in my 30's , 40's e.t..c

you thoughts ??

How on earth could someone survive on £15k? I'm on £30k and I spend most of what I earn.
Reply 5
So what have you been up to for four years then?
Reply 6
Original post by The Good Life
I'm only 22, birthday last month, haven't worked or studied in 4 years, I have no current plans to return to study or work, if I ever get a job I'd be satisfied to earn £15,000 per year, even in my 30's , 40's e.t..c

you thoughts ??

My thoughts:
Why would someone admit that?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by MostUncivilised
How on earth could someone survive on £15k? I'm on £30k and I spend most of what I earn.

No car
No mortgage
No fly clothes
No socializing
No technology
It's grim but doable.
Well long term that seems somewhat unambitious and I would assume if that is to be the case, you are going to be relying on a partner to bring in a much higher income than you?

As hard as it is to get a job I think you should aim a little higher!
my thoughts iss that wont lead to the good life. haha or maybe not, there are more important things in life than money,i wonder how much more stressful/ enjoyable higher paid jobs could be on the other hand i wonder how comfortably you could live on such a low amount...having never really worked i wouldn't know lol.
Original post by Kutta
I would be happy with £50k at peak. Although my career is guaranteed to pay more which is sad because I would have to pay more tax :frown:

...Poor you?

Has it not occurred to you that many people survive on £15k
If you have no plans to study, why are you on The Student Room?
Original post by nick d terrier
Has it not occurred to you that many people survive on £15k

Of course, I might have better phrased that as a question as to how someone would be satisfied with £15,000.
Of course, I might have better phrased that as a question as to how someone would be satisfied with £15,000.

Yes I would agree with that, if this is a serious thread then I can't understand why the OP has such little ambition in life
Original post by Kutta
I would be happy with £50k at peak. Although my career is guaranteed to pay more which is sad because I would have to pay more tax :frown: I would like to move abroad and pay less tax and live in a hot country, Dubai sounds Ideal as do most Asian countries.

I dream of paying a million pounds a year in income tax...
Reply 16
Original post by nick d terrier
Yes I would agree with that, if this is a serious thread then I can't understand why the OP has such little ambition in life

Well if the op lives at home, dosent pay rent or have a car then it may be enough for them.
I know people work for less.
Original post by chikane
Well if the op lives at home, dosent pay rent or have a car then it may be enough for them.
I know people work for less.

I know this and I already discussed that it is perfectly possible, however my point is why do they not have any ambition to better themselves. In my opinion it is important to always try and improve in every area that you can
Reply 18
Original post by angrydanmarin
...Poor you?

Yes....Pity me :wink:

Original post by Origami Bullets
I dream of paying a million pounds a year in income tax...

I really would not mind paying so much tax if our government was efficient. Our government allocates resources so inefficiently.

I can live on 5K. 7K with a car :smile: I reckon I should be earning around 45K/annum. At my current 12.5K wage, I have quite a bit to spare :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending