The Student Room Group

Are there any men who don't publicly discuss their sex life?

I can understand discussing something with maybe one close friend but it seems that some people feel the need to advertise it or discuss it with people that aren't even close friends with them, which can be potentially very embarrassing for the girl.

I know a girl who's 19 and gave up her v's to her current bf when she was like 18. Unfortunately for her, he publicly talks about stuff she likes doing (in the bedroom shhh) with people that I wouldn't even consider close enough to be his 'friends.' Admittedly this guy's kind of a prick and goes a bit far but I'm just wondering whether many guys out there actually keep their mouths shut.

Scroll to see replies

Probably the ones that don't have a sex life.
Original post by iheartplums
I can understand discussing something with maybe one close friend but it seems that some people feel the need to advertise it or discuss it with people that aren't even close friends with them, which can be potentially very embarrassing for the girl.

I know a girl who's 19 and gave up her v's to her current bf when she was like 18. Unfortunately for her, he publicly talks about stuff she likes doing (in the bedroom shhh) with people that I wouldn't even consider close enough to be his 'friends.' Admittedly this guy's kind of a prick and goes a bit far but I'm just wondering whether many guys out there actually keep their mouths shut.

Yes, there's plenty who don't talk about it. Not just those who aren't getting any.
Reply 3
Me because I don't get any. :ninja:
Reply 4
Sounds like an attempt at bragging. I've never been exposed to much talk about guys' sex lives, but then again I suppose it depends whom you spend time around.
I touched a boob. Once.
Unfortunately for her, he publicly talks about stuff she likes doing (in the bedroom shhh) with people that I wouldn't even consider close enough to be his 'friends.' Admittedly this guy's kind of a prick and goes a bit far but I'm just wondering whether many guys out there actually keep their mouths shut.

I live in a shared house with all guys, all of whom either bring people back home or have girlfriends, and nothing like that has ever been brought up in conversation. Ever.

Also, girls are just as guilty of doing this. If anything from my experience they're worse :ninja:
Reply 7
The more secure ones from my experience. So many try to turn any conversation into their sexual conquests, just reeks insecurity to me.
Reply 8
Original post by The Angry Stoic
I touched a boob. Once.

Accidentally? :smile:
Yes, me for example. After all that would be a rather short conversation :tongue:
Original post by lNurl
Accidentally? :smile:

On a crowded bus.
Reply 11
Original post by MJ1012
The more secure ones from my experience. So many try to turn any conversation into their sexual conquests, just reeks insecurity to me.

Yes these are more or less my thoughts.
Reply 12
Original post by sr90
I live in a shared house with all guys, all of whom either bring people back home or have girlfriends, and nothing like that has ever been brought up in conversation. Ever.

Also, girls are just as guilty of doing this. If anything from my experience they're worse :ninja:

Haha, that's true, I suppose it was bit biased of me to leave the girls out of this one.
Reply 13
Me. But that's because I don't have a sex life. I'm not sure if I would discuss it if I had a sex life. I'll wait and see when that day comes (if it ever comes :ashamed:).
What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom. It's no one elses business
Reply 15
A lot of guys might talk about their sexual encounters to their mates but some girls will actually tell their friends the most embarrassing odd details about the guys they sleep with, that I can't imagine the guys ever sharing with anyone. Maybe I'm wrong though.

My other half admitted telling his coworker about us having sex a particular day, though it turns out it was because this particular coworker had been complaining of not having had sex in months and they were all trying to rub it in. My other half most likely knew I would consider that to be fair play.
Well I don't really have much to speak of to be honest... although I certainly wouldn't go around telling everyone, only a couple of people that I feel comfortable enough with.

I feel more comfortable discussing it behind the anonymity of the internet than with friends. I definitely wouldn't discuss it with my colleagues, there have been a few times where my boyfriend and I have discussed it with friends who are also a couple, but otherwise it's the kind of thing I keep to myself IRL
Reply 18

This is one of the reasons that I have very few male friends Miss..It really gets to my nerves when someone completely disrespects a girl's personality and dignity.But how they would feel if their sister was discussed like that?

I want from a male friend to be a man.To be serious,discuss together serious matters,maybe some politics,sports about what's going on out there.But stupidities trying to fish compliments,or about sex with that girl can make me leave the table instantly..And this character of mine that I react so intense but honestly makes many not enjoy my company.
Yes..:hello:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending