The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
'Bout time I poked my nose back in here :tongue: . How has everyone been? :smile:

How are YOU?!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How are YOU?!

Good good! Been super busy and this week has been exhausting but all in all not too bad :tongue: You?
Good good! Been super busy and this week has been exhausting but all in all not too bad :tongue: You?

Gooood! Busy with a levels? Or something else?

I've been okay, I've become lazy but I'm now in the process of fast tracking A2 French! :zomg:
Reply 6963
Original post by blamethenargles
I do love Christmas a lot, but I just get fed up by the time Christmas arrives because it's been dragged out for so long *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just stalking this thread...and YES. I mean, it's the beginning of NOVEMBER (well, it was when Christmas started getting big again :tongue:), Christmas is for DECEMBER. And even then, only after the 15th except advent calendars :tongue:
Meh.

There's little true 'festive' Christmas spirit now - besides some households with parents who nurture their kids with love and stuff, there's no universal comrade-type spirit. Nothing like films, etc. That sorta thing remains an ideal.

It's become more of a holiday to do with marketing/sales/advertising etc. (e.g. how long have you guys had Christmas-related convo's with someone else without someone mentioning the tv adverts from John Lewis, M&S, etc.?)
Original post by Vionar
I was just stalking this thread...and YES. I mean, it's the beginning of NOVEMBER (well, it was when Christmas started getting big again :tongue:), Christmas is for DECEMBER. And even then, only after the 15th except advent calendars :tongue:

Christmas starts to get big in SEPTEMBER! It's ridiculous. I love Christmas but I can't handle the continuous hype. Also it kind of sucks because my birthday is at the beginning of December and it's completely overshadowed by christmas:/
Reply 6966
Christmas starts to get big in SEPTEMBER! It's ridiculous. I love Christmas but I can't handle the continuous hype. Also it kind of sucks because my birthday is at the beginning of December and it's completely overshadowed by christmas:/

I know, it's ridiculous! I don't particularly like it, but if it was just hyped up in December I wouldn't mind so much, but this just makes it irritating. Aw, yeah, that can't be too nice, I guess I'm lucky that there isn't really much to overshadow my birthday, except the Summer holidays :tongue:
Original post by Vionar
I know, it's ridiculous! I don't particularly like it, but if it was just hyped up in December I wouldn't mind so much, but this just makes it irritating. Aw, yeah, that can't be too nice, I guess I'm lucky that there isn't really much to overshadow my birthday, except the Summer holidays :tongue:

I can tolerate it when December starts because of Advent and whatnot, and I'm kind of getting used to it due to the christmas songs I'm forced to perform this month and december... You're lucky your birthday is in the summer!!
Reply 6968
I can tolerate it when December starts because of Advent and whatnot, and I'm kind of getting used to it due to the christmas songs I'm forced to perform this month and december... You're lucky your birthday is in the summer!!

Yeah, that's fine, but it still seems too early for Christmas stuff in the beginning of December :tongue: Christmas songs already :redface: I don't really care for birthdays, I'd be happy to swap :tongue:
Does anyone else get postcards from their teachers or is it just at my school? A bit unexpected when just the other day my Math teacher said she was losing the will to live, I can't be that bad? xD
Original post by Glitch96
Does anyone else get postcards from their teachers or is it just at my school? A bit unexpected when just the other day my Math teacher said she was losing the will to live, I can't be that bad? xD

I don't get postcards lol (actually I did once in like year 9, it said I did well in an RE test)
Must be nice knowing your maths teacher is losing the will to live :biggrin:
Original post by LucyTheWeird
I don't get postcards lol (actually I did once in like year 9, it said I did well in an RE test)
Must be nice knowing your maths teacher is losing the will to live :biggrin:

I actually miss RE now, I remember handing in log of literally everything that happened in a movie I had to review (with little actual reviewing) for a HLP, I swear there was like 20 pages, and someone had to peer mark it too xD
TBH so am I :tongue: I'm quite forgetful so I have to go over things a lot even though C1 wasn't that hard, are you doing M1 or S1 this year?
Original post by Glitch96
I actually miss RE now, I remember handing in log of literally everything that happened in a movie I had to review (with little actual reviewing) for a HLP, I swear there was like 20 pages, and someone had to peer mark it too xD
TBH so am I :tongue: I'm quite forgetful so I have to go over things a lot even though C1 wasn't that hard, are you doing M1 or S1 this year?

Haha I feel sorry for that person! I'm guessing they'd seen the movie, but if they hadn't that would suck :ahee:

Oh I'm forgetful too, luckily I remember facts (in general) - but I don't remember homework that often, much to the annoyance of my teachers :tongue:

I'm doing the full A level this year, (and further maths the next), which is going to be interesting with no January exams :afraid:
And I'm doing mechanics modules and S1
so yeah.. a lot to remember! :redface:
Original post by Vionar
Yeah, that's fine, but it still seems too early for Christmas stuff in the beginning of December :tongue: Christmas songs already :redface: I don't really care for birthdays, I'd be happy to swap :tongue:

Ugh, just come back from two hours of singing christmas songs in choir practice *sigh* We had a full on debate in music this afternoon about this, however only two of us including myself thought it was too early for christmas, so I don't know.
'Bout time I poked my nose back in here :tongue: . How has everyone been? :smile:

:hi:

I'm okay, how are you??:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could have done Computing, but it would require moving to a school I wasn't too interested in :mmm:
Reply 6977
Ugh, just come back from two hours of singing christmas songs in choir practice *sigh* We had a full on debate in music this afternoon about this, however only two of us including myself thought it was too early for christmas, so I don't know.

I can kind of understand singing them in choir practice, but only if you want to practice for a really long time until performing in December :tongue: Only one other person :eek:
Original post by MangoFreak
:hi:

Did you watch the Br Ba finale :mmm: ?
Anyone watched this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03hybnv/hd/The_Science_of_Doctor_Who/

It's ****ing incredible :awesome: I normally can't stand Brian Cox, but that's usually a result of the TV editing and presenting clichés :tongue:

Latest