The Student Room Group

Would you rather live in the country or in the city?

As the title says.

Scroll to see replies

Suburbs, not as packed as the city but with much better services than the country. They usually have better stores than city centres too as there is the space.

Also, driving in cities is so annoying :tongue:
I am pretty sure there was another user with the name "meenu" or am I going crazy?

The country I would definitely say however I am often scared that I will be murdered and no one will know about it till weeks afterwards. :tongue: Lol don't ask...
Original post by Chukkeigh
I am often scared that I will be murdered and no one will know about it till weeks afterwards. :tongue: Lol don't ask...

Happens in the city too :tongue:
Country definitely! Too many people in the city, and noise, and pollution... I'd far rather be more on my own away from it all.
Reply 6
I am pretty sure there was another user with the name "meenu" or am I going crazy?

The country I would definitely say however I am often scared that I will be murdered and no one will know about it till weeks afterwards. :tongue: Lol don't ask...

That's probably more likely to happen in a city. What with the crime rate being higher, and lack of community spirit. In a small hamlet like the one I grew up in, everyone knows everyone. Where I live now... I haven't even seen my next door neighbours in months, and I don't even know any of their names.

For me, definitely the country. The advantages of a city in terms of social life, ease of shopping and so forth are outweighed by the open space, fresh air, nicer people, low crime rate and better landscape
(edited 10 years ago)
Lived in the country all my life... No light pollution, peaceful, good community... But would I trade it all for good Internet and a phone signal? Probably lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheOriginalAng
Happens in the city too :tongue:

Hopefully my family will live close by and check up on me every few days. If i lived in the country they wouldn't worry till about a few weeks of having no contact with me :tongue:. It has always been on of my peculiar fears.
Original post by Manitude
That's probably more likely to happen in a city. What with the crime rate being higher, and lack of community spirit. In a small hamlet like the one I grew up in, everyone knows everyone. Where I live now... I haven't even seen my next door neighbours in months, and I don't even know any of their names.

For me, definitely the country. The advantages of a city in terms of social life, ease of shopping and so forth are outweighed by the open space, fresh air, nicer people, low crime rate and better landscape

I live in a city and it isn't that bad over here. I just keep imaging a stranger dragging me into the woods and the neighbours are so far away that they can hear me scream :tongue:. Strange, I know.
City. Living in the country now. Boring, boring, boring. Maybe when I'm older I'll change my mind, but I want to be where the action is.
Countryside.
I am fully prepared to get a much worse job and massive pay reduction in order to enjoy the benefits.

Yeah, that's meenu89 :s-smilie:
Reply 13
City. I'd hate to live in the countryside as personally for me there'd be too little to do in terms of nightlife, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Also, I like how living in a city a lot of things are on your door step and there's always something going on. Plus, great transport :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Countryside without a doubt! I live in the countryside (though not a particularly rural area) but in a place where I have excellent and commutable access to London so it's the best of both worlds really! I love the city but I love the fields and the animals and the mud in the countryside more (;
What number would this thread be, OP? You seem to have made so many in one night!
Suburbs.

I would rather live in the city being young, but when I settle down and I have kids I want to live in the suburbs.
Hopefully my family will live close by and check up on me every few days. If i lived in the country they wouldn't worry till about a few weeks of having no contact with me :tongue:. It has always been on of my peculiar fears.

Someone's been watching too many horror movies :tongue:
Countryside but not far from a city.
Reply 19
City.

The idea and look/image of the country is nice but the reality is there is nothing there, you have to drive everywhere and there are lots of spiders.

I love living in a city, currently right in the middle (small city though!) and can just stroll in to town, there is always something going on. Will probably move a bit further out to somewhere more suburby later on, but definitely want to stay in a city.

xxx

Quick Reply

Latest