The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
OMG so many offers today!!!!!!
any offers/rejections from maths dept yet?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by saimaahmadd
Straight law at kcl, ucl, Cambridge, queen Mary. I really dont want to leave London. Worried about my PS for lse though as I hardly wrote
anything about anthropology :/
Is lse your first choice?

How come you don't want to leave London? LSE like you to show an interest in your subject, but since yours if joint honors I don't know if it will matter as much...

Cambridge is my first (for HSPS), what college did you apply to? I also applied to Sussex, St Andrews and Edinburgh.
Original post by Nabsopabz
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smile: It's so refreshing to see a not-so 'typical' applicant that does not have 5 A* predictions be given an offer of a place for Law at LSE. I've also applied to LSE for Law and have a way poorer academic record than many who have/are applying, so your success has renewed a bit of hope that I stand (at the very least!) some chance of being accepted; fingers crossed!

I also have mitigating circumstances that my referee has briefly explained on my reference, but was wondering whether there is a separate, institution specific, LSE mitigating/extenuating circumstances form that my referee could submit on my behalf?

If possible, would I be able to PM you? I don't want to derail this thread.

Again, many congratulations, and I hope you have an amazing time ad a fresher come September/October :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much for the well wishes and I hope to see you at fresher's next year! Feel free to PM me anytime. Briefly, LSE doesn't have a specific form for mitigation. My teacher referenced my mitigation in my reference and I wrote about it in my personal statement but LSE still rejected me. My school e-mailed a pretty detailed resume of "events and effects" afterward and that seems to have made all the difference. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by mmms95
Congrats for getting through to the next stage!! May I ask what you're predicted/as grades and gcse's are?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if you've mentioned it before, but what course are you applying for at LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fiona16
OMG so many offers today!!!!!!
any offers/rejections from maths dept yet?

I haven't heard any offers yet, maybe a few rejections but that was quite a while ago. I can't wait until they start replying though 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1645
Original post by kingmango
I haven't heard any offers yet, maybe a few rejections but that was quite a while ago. I can't wait until they start replying though ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems that maths dept is quite slow compare with others. Just cant wait any more! So nervous about it!
"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Received this 2 weeks and 4 days into my 5 week cycle. Applying for Maths and Econ. Hoping for news soon! Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1647
applying for BA Geography, predicted AAA but so worried because I failed one of my AS completely!!:confused:
Is anyone applying for social policy and government??
Just received a rejection for Government 5 weeks and one day after the end of my five-week email period. I'm an international applicant and my predicted IB score was 42 with 766 at HL. Got a canned email response about my personal statement not meeting their standards. A bit disappointed, but oh well. Life goes on. Congratulations to those who received offers and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1650
Original post by sighnomore
"I am pleased to tell you that, following a thorough assessment of your application, our Admissions Selector has decided that your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle.

When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take up to four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Received this 2 weeks and 4 days into my 5 week cycle. Applying for Maths and Econ. Hoping for news soon! Good luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if you've already answered this, but what have you gotten in your GCSEs and AS and predicted grades if you dont mind? :smile:

Btw well done on getting so far ahead!
Original post by legally-blonde
Just received a rejection for Government 5 weeks and one day after the end of my five-week email period. I'm an international applicant and my predicted IB score was 42 with 766 at HL. Got a canned email response about my personal statement not meeting their standards. A bit disappointed, but oh well. Life goes on. Congratulations to those who received offers and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry to hear that. LSE is a great uni... But it's not the be all and end all. I have grown to really appreciate this notion. Good luck with your future studies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any news about politics and philosophy?
Original post by Shehr
Sorry if you've already answered this, but what have you gotten in your GCSEs and AS and predicted grades if you dont mind? :smile:

Btw well done on getting so far ahead!

It's fine! Used to typing it out on here haha

GCSEs: 12 A* and 1 A* with distinction in Further Maths

AS modules: (UMS then grade)

Economics:
Unit 1: 100/100 UMS A
Unit 2: 100/100 UMS A

History:
Unit 2: 93/100 UMS A

Further Maths:
FP1: 96/100 UMS A

Maths: (A* A level achieved but not cashed in yet)
C1: 100/100 UMS A
C2: 96/100 UMS A
C3: 97/100 UMS A
C4: 99/100 UMS A
S1: 91/100 UMS A
M1: 85/100 UMS A

Also got an EPQ but can't know a prediction for some faffy reason. Got results coming out in Jan

Predicted 5 A*s (including General Studies)

And thanks!
Original post by sighnomore
It's fine! Used to typing it out on here haha

GCSEs: 12 A* and 1 A* with distinction in Further Maths

AS modules: (UMS then grade)

Economics:
Unit 2: 100/100 UMS A

History:
Unit 2: 93/100 UMS A

Further Maths:
FP1: 96/100 UMS A

Maths: (A* A level achieved but not cashed in yet)
C1: 100/100 UMS A
C2: 96/100 UMS A
C3: 97/100 UMS A
C4: 99/100 UMS A
S1: 91/100 UMS A
M1: 85/100 UMS A

Also got an EPQ but can't know a prediction for some faffy reason. Got results coming out in Jan

Predicted 5 A*s (including General Studies)

And thanks!

Congrats!! That's an amazing result!!

Just wanted to ask did LSE ask you for your UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has any L101 applicant been asked for the UMS scores during the course of the 5-week email?
Original post by The-Illusionist
Congrats!! That's an amazing result!!

Just wanted to ask did LSE ask you for your UMS scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they didnt
Original post by Mike_123
Has any L101 applicant been asked for the UMS scores during the course of the 5-week email?

They requested my UMS scores a day after my two week email. I then recieved the five week email three days after I submitted my scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1658
Are there any environment department offer holders on here? :smile:
Reply 1659
Original post by legally-blonde

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my five week email at the same time as you and didn't hear anything today... The wait is killing me! Very sorry to hear you were rejected, you sound like a competitive candidate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending