The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ethery
Thanks! Really depends how the others go! I think Nottingham is likely to be my insurance if I get an offer from Durham or Bristol. :biggrin:

That... is rather bizarre. o__o It might close up?

Apparently so according to someone else, which is reassuring. :smile:
Reply 7081
Original post by lilGem
You shouldn't be :smile:

what I mean is someone in my school was saying you should worry becuase I am like chill it will get done
Reply 7082
Original post by Endless Blue
Had my braces off unexpectedly early today. However, I've noticed a small gap between my front teeth that wasn't there before the treatment, will the retainer I wear afterwards close this up? I'm not sure if anyone has any experience like this, it's so frustrating to be so close to having perfect teeth and then a gap appears that was never there in the first place!

they tighten your teeth as in push them back. because your teeth are moving
Original post by ethery
Thanks! Really depends how the others go! I think Nottingham is likely to be my insurance if I get an offer from Durham or Bristol. :biggrin:

That does make sense :smile: Nottingham is a great shout :yes:
Original post by lucine.B
Haha yes :grin: Haha yes, don't know how people can sit through that! I end up sleeping :lol: (this was during Titanic, the first and last ever romantic movie I shall see!). OMGosh yeeeeeeeeees! I'm just like 'you're crazy how can you like that rubbish??' I mean Stephanie Mayer is a pretty good writer but by god the amount of romance in that was just :yucky: Mmm same! Love a bit of horror, never scares me XD haha that's the way to do it :mmm:

I agree. The book 'isn't so bad' but the movie is just... What kind of books do you enjoy reading in general? :smile:
Original post by Endless Blue
Had my braces off unexpectedly early today. However, I've noticed a small gap between my front teeth that wasn't there before the treatment, will the retainer I wear afterwards close this up? I'm not sure if anyone has any experience like this, it's so frustrating to be so close to having perfect teeth and then a gap appears that was never there in the first place!

:woo: It might do, my retainer has moved my teeth more since I got them off, especially the front ones (a wire retainer, I don't think the plastic ones can do that?). That or your teeth may naturally settle a bit, in which case it might close up by itself :smile:
Original post by justanotherindigo
I agree. The book 'isn't so bad' but the movie is just... What kind of books do you enjoy reading in general? :smile:

Mmm, sometimes I can tolerate a book about romance. Have read a few, yes its definitely the movie haha!
I have quite varied likes. Erm I enjoy a good book really, usually murder ones/ those about crime or controversial ones and what not. Er...period books and fantasy books :smile:
Really love A thousand splendid suns, Heartstone, Phillip Pullman books, Michael Mupurgo, The knife of never letting go and many others. Those are just the ones I'e read recently except the authors I've mentioned. Read them a while ago. Wbu???
Omg
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That does make sense :smile: Nottingham is a great shout :yes:

How old are you? I only ask because something you suggested I volunteer for only accepts 18+ and you said you'd been waiting for almost a yr for a response.
Original post by keromedic
Omg
How old are you? I only ask because something you suggested I volunteer for only accepts 18+ and you said you'd been waiting for almost a yr for a response.

17 :smile:
17 :smile:

Interesting. Might be why they took so long.
Think it was either St Johns or Red Cross. I'll apply after next month :h:

I'm a member of St Johns if you have any questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
I'm a member of St Johns if you have any questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roughly, how many times do you have to be available each week?
Also, how much does the FA training cost?

St John's :smile: and nah its not because of that, they actually told me it was due to their offices and stuff :s-smilie:
St John's :smile: and nah its not because of that, they actually told me it was due to their offices and stuff :s-smilie:

Ah, fair enough.
How did you get pass the age prerequisite, are you part of cadets or something?
Ah, fair enough.
How did you get pass the age prerequisite, are you part of cadets or something?

There were different types for different ages I believe.
Roughly, how many times do you have to be available each week?
Also, how much does the FA training cost?

I've only just turned 18 so whilst I have my adult FA training (which was free) I am not yet an AFA (advanced first aider) as that required medical gases which you need to be 18 for - so I should do this soon! I attend a meeting on a tuesday night once a week and the fully trained adults go out on duties a few times a month - normally weekends :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
I've only just turned 18 so whilst I have my adult FA training (which was free) I am not yet an AFA (advanced first aider) as that required medical gases which you need to be 18 for - so I should do this soon! I attend a meeting on a tuesday night once a week and the fully trained adults go out on duties a few times a month - normally weekends :smile:

Ah, I see. Thanks
Beginning to realize that I do actually have an eating/weight problem. Well I've known I was overweight for a while, but my compulsive eating has to be seriously dealt with...
What part of the highway code should I be learning for my theory? I've just read the ruled for pedestrians, but it doesn't seem relevant. Could I just skip to the rules for drivers and motorcyclists?
Just woke up :colone:

Beginning to realize that I do actually have an eating/weight problem. Well I've known I was overweight for a while, but my compulsive eating has to be seriously dealt with...

Make a thread in the fitness blog? I'll watch it and support you. :tongue:

Latest