The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is 40, can I have lots of babies with him?

Scroll to see replies

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg Trying to decide if troll thread...
He had a child when you were 5... :lolwut:
Reply 22
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Well they could at least communicate online - webcams and so on.People who don't make an effort to see their kids or have a relationship with them make me sad. My own dad I never saw for 6 years (from 11 to 17). It sucked.

Don't get me wrong, he WANTS to see his kid so badly. I haven't spoken about it with him in a while but from what I remember, he can't contact her because the ex won't allow it and he has no way of contacting her. Or that's what he tells me anyway...
Original post by Digital_Love
Don't get me wrong, he WANTS to see his kid so badly. I haven't spoken about it with him in a while but from what I remember, he can't contact her because the ex won't allow it and he has no way of contacting her. Or that's what he tells me anyway...

ok well I guess that's another matter then. If he wants to see his child, and has tried, I suppose there's only so much he can do from the other side of the world.

edit - hang on, just clicked on that the kid is now 20. His ex has no control over the matter now - the 'child' is an adult. He should try again to make contact.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Bgarnett
OK. That is a disgraceful thing to say.
Men can produce babies for a long time, there isn't a time in their life like the menopause were they stop. However the older they get the less fertile they are. So yes you can have babies with him but the older he gets, the harder you'll find it to conceive.

He just need to keep doing pelvic thrusts between her legs. Eventually, something will come out.

:cool:
TSR: For all your family planning needs :yy:
Reply 26
Thank you for your answers, this is not a troll thread. Admittedly, I know we have a bit of a 'controversial' relationship and it doesn't really bother me until I post things like this and see the surprised responses.
We have dated for 5 years, and have both claimed we are soul mates.

:rolleyes:

Promises they as worth an empty bank account.
Reply 27
Thank you for your answers, this is not a troll thread. Admittedly, I know we have a bit of a 'controversial' relationship and it doesn't really bother me until I post things like this and see the surprised responses.
We have dated for 5 years, and have both claimed we are soul mates.

Your husband's age and health may affect the quality and quantity of his sperm (and your ability to conceive a child). How significant an effect it will have on the child is debateable. Maternal health is more closely linked. He is not the one carrying the child, it is you.

Unlike women, who stop producing egg cells after menopause, a typical man continues to produce sufficient sperm until his 70s at least.

As for his poor diet, again this will affect sperm production, but will not "make" unhealthy children. The nutrients a foetus receives will come from you, the mother, and not the father.

Admittedly genetics can come into play when it comes to your child's fitness levels and perhaps even preference for high salt/fatty foods, but I'm not getting into that. This doesn't seem to be what you're asking, anyway.

This is all basic science and common sense. Were you not taught this in school?

Original post by Shazzarr
Mental problems? Excuse me what? How is that in anyway bad?
You're supposed to love your children no matter what, regardless of their 'mental state'.

By "mental problems" I assume she means developmental disabilities such as Down's Syndrome. Of course a parent should live their child "no matter what" but it would be naïve to suggest people don't have an idealised view of what their children will be, or want to reduce the chance their child will have significant disabilities.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
If you're old enough and mature enough to have a 40 year old boyfriend, you should know about reproduction and that a bunch of teenagers online can't tell you your chances of conceiving.
Reply 29

Clumsily expressed, as I think she means developmental disabilities, but why is it a disgraceful thing to say?
sperm has no sell by date

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's not. It's a perfectly legitimate concern. I have "mental problems" and it's the thing that scares me most about fatherhood, I would hate to pass them on and would do anything within my power to ensure my kids don't suffer how I have.

The chance of autism or schizophrenia does increase in fathers over 40.
Reply 32
To be honest, you don't sound all that mature and I wouldn't stake a lot on this relationship working out in the long term...
You're supposed to love your children no matter what, regardless of their 'mental state'.

how is it a good thing? Dont talk tripe if you had the option theres no way you would choose a mentally disabled child over a healthy one

I'm 25, my long-term boyfriend is 40, and we might be getting married soon. When that happens, would it still be ok for us to have children? Or to be more specific, have a BIG family?

I want to have about 5 children; but I am worried I'm not in a good relationship for this, as my boyfriend might be too old? I love him and he loves me, he had a kid about 20 years ago but doesn't get to see his child because his ex is a *****. However, he said he would be happy starting anew again. But, I've read that as one ages, one is more likely to conceive a baby with mental problems, and I'm terrified with this. Also, he doesn't eat the best... much of the time he eats ready meals as he is so busy with work, and this also worries me but I don't know how much this might affect the baby if we had one (he's not 'fat', just a bit unhealthy I'd say).

erm - its the woman that has teh issues with age not the man

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
ok well I guess that's another matter then. If he wants to see his child, and has tried, I suppose there's only so much he can do from the other side of the world.

edit - hang on, just clicked on that the kid is now 20. His ex has no control over the matter now - the 'child' is an adult. He should try again to make contact.

I agree PMP but it has to be reciprocated - 20 years and a bitch of an ex, my guess would be she has made out that the dad is the greatest slime on earth and probabl wont want to see him
I'm 25, my long-term boyfriend is 40, and we might be getting married soon. When that happens, would it still be ok for us to have children? Or to be more specific, have a BIG family?

I want to have about 5 children; but I am worried I'm not in a good relationship for this, as my boyfriend might be too old? I love him and he loves me, he had a kid about 20 years ago but doesn't get to see his child because his ex is a *****. However, he said he would be happy starting anew again. But, I've read that as one ages, one is more likely to conceive a baby with mental problems, and I'm terrified with this. Also, he doesn't eat the best... much of the time he eats ready meals as he is so busy with work, and this also worries me but I don't know how much this might affect the baby if we had one (he's not 'fat', just a bit unhealthy I'd say).

I hope you will be able to look after those offspring. There are too many people on the planet already.
Reply 35
Original post by silverbolt
how is it a good thing? Dont talk tripe if you had the option theres no way you would choose a mentally disabled child over a healthy one

erm - its the woman that has teh issues with age not the man

I agree PMP but it has to be reciprocated - 20 years and a bitch of an ex, my guess would be she has made out that the dad is the greatest slime on earth and probabl wont want to see him

because theres two types of mental problems, the ones youre born with and the ones you can acquire over time/parental influence.
take a chill pill and stop being a crabby mug, my god
My dad was 45 when I was born, and my mum was 35. They met later on in life. So yeah, why not? :tongue:
Reply 37
Original post by silverbolt

You hit the nail on the head, that is exactly what has happened. But my boyfriend always hopes for the day when he can sit down with his daughter and tell her everything from his POV.
You hit the nail on the head, that is exactly what has happened. But my boyfriend always hopes for the day when he can sit down with his daughter and tell her everything from his POV.

What utter BS.

IF he was that desperate to see his child then he could have got access through the Courts. Has he even bothered to pay any form of maintenance?
(edited 10 years ago)

Of course it's bad, stop being so politically correct all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest