The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8580
It's such a non-story. Can't we all get on with our lives?
Original post by Mackay
It's such a non-story. Can't we all get on with our lives?

Fair point. It deserves to be ignored instead of moaned about, so I will shut up on the issue.
Reply 8582
Greg Dyke's a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rumoured England team for tonight: Forster; Johnson, Cahill, Jones, Baines; Milner, Lampard, Wilshere; Lallana, Rooney, Rodriguez

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-v-chile-southampton-duo-2794649

EDIT: team confirmed as above, 3 debutants.

Looking forward to tonight, Lallana should be a regular starter for us imo, he's that good. Chile are a good team, 12th in the world rankings, and our midfield looks a bit suspect. I'm confident we'll win though, that's our best possible back 4 atm in my opinion and the forward line looks strong and capable of goals.
(edited 10 years ago)
Chile tearing England apart right now. :coma:
Reply 8585
Original post by CB91

Are you not English?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91

Not surprised Chile are a very good team, IMO one of the best in South America. Quite a lot of English public will be unaware of them, they've got a few decent players in their team.
Reply 8587
England have been alright until it gets to the final 3rd.
Chile are decent though, better than England, that's for sure. Would be very happy with a draw.

I think England are missing the control in midfield that Gerrard provides.

Forster's been decent and Rooney has been one of our best players.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8588
Can't stand the constant diving and feining injuries the Chilean players keep doing. Need to be punished. The replays prove it.
Oh please. One bad performance gets the critics going doesn't it? It happens to every team in the world, you just don't know when. Who'd have predicted Brazil 3-0 Spain in the confed cup final?

(Yes I know, first defeat at home for Roy. We're gonna call for his head just because he lost. :rolleyes: Pointless)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8590
Oh man... that defensive display was atrocious!
****ing ITV commentary, when we're losing Clive commentates like his nan just died
Original post by 419
Are you not English?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am, I just dont support the national team.

That second goal tbh. :sexface:
Poor performance and managed to waste every single corner.

Rooney contributed nothing.
didn't bother watching much of the game tbh, caught start of the second half between packing my room up, did we play as bad as it looked? assuming most players didn't bother as is a friendly as usual.
Was annoying hearing the commentator say england weren't playing at full strength and if they did, it wouldve been a even game lol

Knowing england they'll beat Germany
What's annoying me is a lot of people are writing off Baines after one mediocre display, ignoring how great he was in the past few internationals and also ignoring the fact that he's been the best LB in the premier league for the past few seasons.
Original post by niceguy95
Was annoying hearing the commentator say england weren't playing at full strength and if they did, it wouldve been a even game lol

Knowing england they'll beat Germany

Which England do you know? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stylo92
What's annoying me is a lot of people are writing off Baines after one mediocre display, ignoring how great he was in the past few internationals and also ignoring the fact that he's been the best LB in the premier league for the past few seasons.

Ashley Cole has been the best left back in the Premier League for the past few seasons and he still is.
Original post by Stylo92

His ability beyond the half way line is unquestionable however, I would much rather prefer Cole's defensive work near the goal than Baine's attacking threat in Brazil next summer.

Latest