Is this a family circumstance? Watch

Karchii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Umm, so basically last year, my step father would often hit my mother and insult her all the time... they often got into arguments and I would often have to listen to everything, we would often try avoid him when he was at home and later on in the year he went to jail for a crime he committed.

Is this considered a family circumstance because I did not perform as well as I could on my GCSE's and got mostly C's and D's. I often stressed about this and had no motivation towards school as I felt sorry for my mother.

I was wondering this because I am applying to a a competitive sixth form next year and due to my grades last year, I am predicted all B's. All of this has resolved now and I will get 6-7 A* this year (I was predicted all A's last year and an A* in Maths), but I feel that due to the fact of my bad performance last year... I won't be given a chance and will be rejected instantaneously. Also, should I write a letter to the sixth form?
Karchii
Rep:
?
bump
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
no, but see a psychiatrist if you want

edit: also gcses are piss easy, there are people from harder backgrounds that manage to do well in their gcses. don't use it as an excuse
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Seeing as you took it last year, I doubt it.
Karchii
Rep:
?
(Original post by smd4std)
no, but see a psychiatrist if you want

edit: also gcses are piss easy, there are people from harder backgrounds that manage to do well in their gcses. don't use it as an excuse
Well it's not whether I found the GCSE's easy or not, I just wasn't motivated towards school at any type of way and I couldn't work because I was stressing as this was on my mind most the time. I am much better now though, but as you know; I was wondering if the sixth form would accept this reason on why I done poorly on my Year 10 GCSE's.
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FxckStudy)
Well it's not whether I found the GCSE's easy or not, I just wasn't motivated towards school at any type of way and I couldn't work because I was stressing as this was on my mind most the time. I am much better now though, but as you know; I was wondering if the sixth form would accept this reason on why I done poorly on my Year 10 GCSE's.
they wouldn't care about the reason. nor is it relevant

i personally wouldn't tell the sixthform
Karchii
Rep:
?
(Original post by smd4std)
they wouldn't care about the reason. nor is it relevant

i personally wouldn't tell the sixthform
Well, if I don't tell the sixth form... they will deny me straight up. It's not the case that I'm a bad student, because I WILL achieve the grades in the end of this year, but when they see my application - why would they give a chance to somebody who got C/D grades throughout Year 10?

Although partial of the fault I am hold responsible for, this is an excuse that held me back from achieving the highest possible grades I should have.

So you think I still shouldn't write a letter to the sixth form?
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FxckStudy)
Well, if I don't tell the sixth form... they will deny me straight up. It's not the case that I'm a bad student, because I WILL achieve the grades in the end of this year, but when they see my application - why would they give a chance to somebody who got C/D grades throughout Year 10?

Although partial of the fault I am hold responsible for, this is an excuse that held me back from achieving the highest possible grades I should have.

So you think I still shouldn't write a letter to the sixth form?
they'll deny your application anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (17)
35.42%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
29.17%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
18.75%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (3)
6.25%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads