The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU social accommodation?

Hey, I'm hoping to start LJMU next year to study Zoology, but not sure which accommodation is best. I really want to live somewhere very social with good nights out/parties etc, without being too far away from the relevant building! Can anyone suggest the best accommodation? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Eleanor_96
Hey, I'm hoping to start LJMU next year to study Zoology, but not sure which accommodation is best. I really want to live somewhere very social with good nights out/parties etc, without being too far away from the relevant building! Can anyone suggest the best accommodation? Thanks :smile:

I've heard Grand central can be lively, i hope to be there next year :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Liverpool
Reply 2

Hey :smile: I'm thinking of doing forensic psychology and criminal justice but I'll also be one of those who'll be going out to town and flat parties too and I went to look at the accommodation and they said grand Central is where first year students go (new people like us) and they said to me if you wanna go out partying/drinking then that's the best place, it's just round the corner from town and lime street station :smile:
Reply 3
I've heard Marybone is meant to be similar to Grand Central, not sure?! But GC definitely sounds the best place to be then, thanks!:smile:
Reply 4
I've heard Marybone is meant to be similar to Grand Central, not sure?! But GC definitely sounds the best place to be then, thanks!:smile:

Ah right okay, i never went to see Marybone so i couldnt help you with that, but would be good if we ended up in the same accomodation!! :smile: x
Reply 5
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm hoping to join in Sept as well, and I've heard GC is the place to be socially, so looking into that. Pain it's more expensive, has anyone who's been there know if it's worth it?

I'm also going to a mature student when I join (22) after doing some travelling for a few years, so I'm hoping I get back I to the swing of things fairly early!

Mike

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Smeech5
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm hoping to join in Sept as well, and I've heard GC is the place to be socially, so looking into that. Pain it's more expensive, has anyone who's been there know if it's worth it?

I'm also going to a mature student when I join (22) after doing some travelling for a few years, so I'm hoping I get back I to the swing of things fairly early!

Mike

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man, il be 22 as well when i start :smile:
Reply 7
Ah thank god there are a few of us! Haha have any of you got an offer for ljmu yet? I'm still waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Dave_R
Not yet, still filling in UCAS at the moment.

Just adding a bit extra to the personal statement and then it's good to go. Then I just need to worry about passing all my first year modules!

I also have to make a few small amendments to my PS then send it off, The course im interested in also requires an interview, which will be a pain because im from NI
Reply 9
Original post by Conorb563
I also have to make a few small amendments to my PS then send it off, The course im interested in also requires an interview, which will be a pain because im from NI

Get on it fellas, just got my offer from LJMU!!!! Thank god for that!
Reply 10
Original post by Smeech5
Get on it fellas, just got my offer from LJMU!!!! Thank god for that!

Congratz!! yeah have to get the finger out lol
Reply 11

i haven't sent mine either! this has stressed me haha! I'm from ni to!
Reply 12
Original post by DanCross
Ah right okay, i never went to see Marybone so i couldnt help you with that, but would be good if we ended up in the same accomodation!! :smile: x

No worries! Didn't know you could visit them so might have to do that aha, but yeah it would be ace, can't wait! Maybe see you there!:smile:x
Reply 13
Original post by lesa
i haven't sent mine either! this has stressed me haha! I'm from ni to!

I hope to have mine send away within 2 weeks time... Hopefully lol, wbu?
Reply 14
I hope to have mine send away within 2 weeks time... Hopefully lol, wbu?

Hopefulllllly the same haha!
Hey :smile: I'm thinking of doing forensic psychology and criminal justice but I'll also be one of those who'll be going out to town and flat parties too and I went to look at the accommodation and they said grand Central is where first year students go (new people like us) and they said to me if you wanna go out partying/drinking then that's the best place, it's just round the corner from town and lime street station :smile:

Hey Guys :smile: I've got a unconditional offer to study criminology and psychology next year as a took a gap year this year to earn some money so i can afford to not just eat super noodles :P I'm hoping to live in Grand Central as it seems to be the best place for partying/going out and stuff. If any of you want to add me on facebook let me know cause would be nice to know some people before I go :smile: x
Reply 16
Original post by Dave_R
I was put off halls cos i thought everyone would be 18 and it would be weird, glad to see some fellow early 20s will be there too lol

im 21 and will be joining you guys this year! However stuck on what accommodation to pick....
Reply 17
Original post by AJA14
im 21 and will be joining you guys this year! However stuck on what accommodation to pick....

Well I'm applying for grand central tomorrow guys so if you apply for it too let me knoww :smile:
Well I'm applying for grand central tomorrow guys so if you apply for it too let me knoww :smile:

I'll be applying for grand central tommorow too :smile:
Reply 19
hmm do you either you guys know what its like for parking around there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending