The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tina111
Hi there,
the University of Glasgow has sent me an e mail in which they ask me to send a scanned copy of my Abitur (I am from Germany). Is this usual or does this mean that they are going to offer me a place as soon as my qualifications are confirmed? I think they would not want to have a confirmation if they were not interested, would they? Maybe I am just too enthusiastic right now and it does not mean anything :colondollar: Is anyone informed?

It's a good sign.
I'm too nervous to send off my application (in case there's a mistake), let alone wait for offers ;_;
Offer from Bristol. So happy, probs going to be my firm if I dont get one from UCL and unless I love love love Manchester tomorrow at the open day/interview tomorrow
Reply 703
Original post by liamagic
Sent mine off, about 2 and half weeks ago now, seems like ages, I have one offer which has helped ease my anxiety but im still addicted to track :frown: I check at least once an hour, even in the evenings or at night when I know they wont add one then, its madness! Help me Uni's please help my suffering :smile:

I got an email from track about an offer at 0:45 in the morning! So things do go on in the evenings and things :smile:
Reply 704
I've just submitted my application, and now wondering, why my specified subjects & grades in the Education part look so orderless in the tracking version. You really have to struggle to get an overview of the whole thing.

As a German student with Abitur, I had to declare about 40 modules, even though I haven't received the grades for half of them yet, since I am going to take them in the future.
Does anyone of you think that it's normal or has any effects on my application?

Reply 705
Original post by chelgea
I got an email from track about an offer at 0:45 in the morning! So things do go on in the evenings and things :smile:

When did you submit your application? I'm sooo excited about my results :biggrin:
I sent my application yesterday and now I keep checking track :rolleyes: I must have known I would do this.... :P
Reply 707
I received con offer from Manchester 5 days after submission... Sounds unusual?
Reply 708
Original post by rfalways
I received con offer from Manchester 5 days after submission... Sounds unusual?

Not really, happens sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied for English Language? I applied for Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Lancaster and Sheffield Hallam. Sent it off on Wednesday, still haven't heard anything :/
Waiting for just one more offer - and then I'll have all four replies.

Have offers for History at Durham (needs to be confirmed on track still, have the offer from summer school scheme), Newcastle and Sheffield. Yay! :biggrin:

Just waiting for a response for another course I'm applying for and am super nervous about that one; Creative Writing and English. Wrote a separate personal statement for it and have tonnes of relevant experience but am scared that they'll reject based on fact I'm applying for other courses elsewhere. Love writing so much but not sure how much the degree would help me get a job...
I've sent my application yesterday(16 Nov) to:Oxford Brook's-Kent-Reading-Westminster-Greenwich.
anything about them ?? please...
Am on eggshells waiting for replies, apparently Plymouth have started giving out interviews for the dentistry degree (from the uni itself, not track) and I've heard nothing yet. I probably won't hear until later on this week because admissions usually work Monday-Friday 9-5....
Reply 713
Original post by tina111
Hi there,
the University of Glasgow has sent me an e mail in which they ask me to send a scanned copy of my Abitur (I am from Germany). Is this usual or does this mean that they are going to offer me a place as soon as my qualifications are confirmed? I think they would not want to have a confirmation if they were not interested, would they? Maybe I am just too enthusiastic right now and it does not mean anything :colondollar: Is anyone informed?

Hey! Another German! I'm from Germany too and It's really nice to find somebody else who is. :colondollar: What are you applying for?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 714
Original post by dmdmd
Hey! Another German! I'm from Germany too and It's really nice to find somebody else who is. :colondollar: What are you applying for?

Hi ! That's cool! :smile: I don't know anyone from Germany who is applying so far. I am applying for Sociology and Hispanic Studies at Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Stirling and St Andrews. I suppose that it's not very likely that I am going to receive an offer from St Andrews or Edinburgh (my overall is 1,5) but who knows :biggrin:
I visited Scotland this year and I found it really welcoming (Haven't been to England so far)

And you ? Do you already have your Abitur? I do and right now I am in Spain for my gap year..
Reply 715
Original post by tina111
Hi ! That's cool! :smile: I don't know anyone from Germany who is applying so far. I am applying for Sociology and Hispanic Studies at Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Stirling and St Andrews. I suppose that it's not very likely that I am going to receive an offer from St Andrews or Edinburgh (my overall is 1,5) but who knows :biggrin:
I visited Scotland this year and I found it really welcoming (Haven't been to England so far)

And you ? Do you already have your Abitur? I do and right now I am in Spain for my gap year..

Heya how was aberdeen lol I applied there but was not able to visit. Also have you got any offers yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 716
Original post by Dkhanna
Heya how was aberdeen lol I applied there but was not able to visit. Also have you got any offers yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I don't... still waiting ^^but there is a lot of time left (Still, I am checking track every day :biggrin:) and you ?
I likes Aberdeen very much. The city is beautiful and for me just the right "size". Not too big but it's a city. The beach is really close to the university and I also liked the campus and the people I talked to were all very friendly and helpful (I got lost searching for the library, which is impressive by the way:biggrin:)
Reply 717
UNIVERSTIES, Y U NO GIVE ME OFFERS?!! :angry:

Onto my 6th week now....:sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year I got both my offers within 2 weeks. I forgot how bad the wait is! I applied for my one course at Man Met on the 11th and I'm still waiting, I hope they hurry up :/ Gahh I'm so impatient :frown:
Ahhhhhhhhhh, it is stressful isnt it?

Latest

Trending

Trending