The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
ooooh, du bist so mäkelig :mmm:

ja, typo :tongue:

PRSOM -.- Aber es freut mich, das zu hören ;D
Ja. ich studiere Latein! :awesome: Ich bin nicht so gut (mein Deutsch ist schlect, und es ist viel besser als mein Latein :mmm:), aber ich hoffe, dass ich es verbessern kann :tongue:

Ich finde dein Deutsch ziemlich gut. Sprichst du Latein oder hast du einfach nur das Übersetzen (so wie ich) gelernt?

Original post by thatitootoo
Kallisto macht Tootoo froh, und alle Leute ebenso!
Did you learn Latin at school? Gymnasium? ^^

Could I say "Ich kann mich nicht erinnern, ob das wirklich so ist"
so das es klar(er) ist, was ich mich nicht erinnern kann :tongue:

Gymnasium in Germany is the same like sixth form in the UK. But I was not at a Gymnasium. I am learning by homeschooling. :smile: But you are right my Latin has something to do with the sixth form.

The sentence in inverted commas sounds good. There is nothing wrong.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Ich finde dein Deutsch ziemlich gut. Sprichst du Latein oder hast du einfach nur das Übersetzen (so wie ich) gelernt?

Gymnasium in Germany is the same like sixth form in the UK. But I was not at a Gymnasium. I am learning by homeschooling. :smile: But you are right Latin has to do with the sixth form.

The sentence in inverted commas sounds good. There is nothing wrong.

Yeah but only a "posh" sixth form / grammar school surely! The sixth forms I've attended were in no way comparable to Dutch/German gymnasiums! :lol:

Ok, fabelhaft! :grin:

Ich versuche oft, Latein zu sprechen, weil es mir und meinen Freunden Spaß macht, aber in der Schule lernen wir nur das Übersetzen, ja :tongue:

Ich versuche oft, Latein zu sprechen, weil es mir und meinen Freunden Spaß macht, aber in der Schule lernen wir nur das Übersetzen, ja :tongue:

Könntest du mir eine Kostprobe geben und ein paar Sätze in Latein schreiben, bitte?

(...)

Yeah, I remember me. You are right, it is grammar school.
Könntest du mir eine Kostprobe geben und ein paar Sätze in Latein schreiben, bitte? :mmm:

nequam scio quid scribere cum rogatur scribere :mmm:

My knowledge of grammar is lacking, at best :tongue: I always seem to be able to coast through the Latin course without learning verbs; I really need to though, I feel bad about not :lol:
Könntest du mir eine Kostprobe geben und ein paar Sätze in Latein schreiben, bitte?

Yeah, I remember me. You are right, it is grammar school.

Jaaa
while "I remember me" looks like it should be usable to you and I, because we're used to:

"Ich erinnere mich" & "Ik herinner me" :wink:

Most English people have dropped the "me" now, so I think they would just say "I remember" or "I can remember"

Lächerlich, nicht wahr?!
Belachelijk, niet waar?!

Ich bin jetzt so müde geworden!
Ik ben nu zo moe geworden!

Ich kann nicht mehr richtig denken...also gute Nacht!
(edited 10 years ago)
Jaaa,
while "I remember me" looks like it should be correct to you and I, because we're used to:

"Ich erinnere mich" & "Ik herinner me" :wink:

Most English people have dropped the "me" now, so I think they would just say "I remember" or "I can remember"

Lächerlich, nicht wahr?!
Belachelijk, niet waar?!

Ich bin jetzt so müde geworden!
Ik ben nu zo moe geworden!

Ich kann nicht mehr richtig denken...also gute Nacht!

Was the "me" ever included in the phrase "I remember X?"

It would indeed be curious if it were.
nequam scio quid scribere cum rogatur scribere :mmm:
(...)

I have a lacking in grammar too, plus in vocabulary. It is so bad that I have to use a Latin dictionary to understand the sentence. Nevertheless it confuses me. What did you want to express exactly?
Contrary to popular TSR belief, Tootoo did make an effort to start learning the French language, but that was back in June, (nearly half a year ago!)
Unfortunately it had the same faith as my Russian studies, let's just leave it at that..:rolleyes:

Can you remember attempting to teach me French on here, Fish and Octo Those were the days :moon: :wink:

Oui :tongue:

Ce n'était pas très mal, mais tu essayait pas :colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Fish, just a question- why didnt you use ne...pas with the imperfect tense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Fish, just a question- why didnt you use ne...pas with the imperfect tense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just omitting the "ne" when you do your A Level Oral, if you were really good, you could just not use the ne. I personally still use it so I have a bit more time to think of what I want to say.

But yeah, in France they don't really use it.
It's just omitting the "ne" when you do your A Level Oral, if you were really good, you could just not use the ne. I personally still use it so I have a bit more time to think of what I want to say.

But yeah, in France they don't really use it.

Oh okay, but would you still have to do it in your writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Oh okay, but would you still have to do it in your writing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, for examinations. Although when informally writing to people no, not really.
Was the "me" ever included in the phrase "I remember X?"

It would indeed be curious if it were.

It might just be an incorrect feuture of some African English then...loool

Ihr zwei!! I need youz to teach me some French...I might consider doing the GCSE next year!:wink:
It might just be an incorrect feuture of some African English then...loool

Ihr zwei!! I need youz to teach me some French...I might consider doing the GCSE next year!:wink:

Have you got the grammar Powerpoint I made?
Have you got the grammar Powerpoint I made?

I'm aware it exists...mais
Vocab first! Grammar later! :ahee:
I'm aware it exists...mais
Vocab first! Grammar later! :ahee:

Quels mots voulez-vous savoir?
Quels mots voulez-vous savoir?

I understood that! :yep:
uhmmm hmm just the very basic ones (I don't know already) to begin with I guess :tongue:
I understood that! :yep:
uhmmm hmm just the very basic ones (I don't know already) to begin with I guess :tongue:

Si je traduis tes phrases, ou parle en français, et tu me dis lorsque tu ne sais pas un mot, je te dirai la signification.

Latest

Trending

Trending