The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

62% of women have rape fantasies?!! ladies , care to explain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by arkhamz
How ironic, can't say I'm surprised. I think I remember reading this somewhere a while a go too.

How is it ironic?
Reply 41
Original post by mimi112
again, why are women so obsessed with being dominated ?

There's probably an abundance of literature out there to answer that question.

I now have a question, do you boys ever fantasize about domination?
Original post by pandabird
Humans are not just creatures of instinct though, they are also a product of their environment. So yes a cave-dweller would be completely different to Maid Marian.

Of course, in terms of environmental influences. But we are from the same blueprint, so it would have the same basic desires.
Reply 43
Original post by la-dauphine
A lot of women like the idea of being 'forced' to do something an illusory sense. In their fantasy, they're the ones really in control because they're playing it out (and consenting) in their minds. This is not the same as being raped in real life.

This.
Reply 44
There's probably an abundance of literature out there to answer that question.

I now have a question, do you boys ever fantasize about domination?

you didn't answer my question.

Because dominance is attractive...
are you gonna make me ask again ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by meenu89
Definitely this. There is a world of a difference between the two. To answer the question, yes I have, acted on it once.

I didn't know the mayor was into that fetish. You could definitely sell your story to thesun or something for a fair amount.
Reply 46
Original post by mimi112
you didn't answer my question.

are you gonna make me ask again ?

How the **** can I answer that? You think I have some great all-in-seeing insight into myself? Why do some men like domination?

Like I said, if you want to find the answer, look into the psychological literature, I'm not doing it for you.
..Those Blurred Lines :rolleyes:
Reply 48
Because dominance is attractive...

Ok I admit I have had slightly rapey fantasies :ninja:

A man needs verbal confirmation and permission in order to make physical contact with a female and vice versa. You have disturbing fantasies on par with bestiality although I wouldn't put it past you.
Reply 49
Original post by xaki90
A man needs verbal confirmation and permission in order to make physical contact with a female and vice versa. You have disturbing fantasies on par with bestiality although I wouldn't put it past you.

Why wouldn't you put it past me?
They're perfectly normal fantasies. Don't be such a prude.
It all comes down to exactly what is defined as "rape fantasies."
Original post by Rational Thinker
Why? Her counter criticisms were valid from what I have read.

I suspect this is exactly the reason why. What did they expect when they came into a thread centred around the results of a paper in the debate forum? No one to read the paper?

Human sexuality is a field I'm interested in. I'm quite happy to spend half an hour of my morning reading and appraising a paper over my breakfast. :dontknow:
Reply 52
Original post by xaki90
I didn't know the mayor was into that fetish. You could definitely sell your story to thesun or something for a fair amount.

It wouldn't have been a knightmare :tongue:
I think there's a kind of rape fetish. Whilst it exists in the imagination it's completely harmless, kind of like when people imagine kinky whipping fantasies, in reality we'd be turned off by the stings.
Well it's a fantasy so it kinda answers the question. Maybe the reason is the idea of being dominated or maybe the women with this fantasy enjoy the idea of being that irresistible to a man he cannot really control himself, still a fantasy though.
Reply 55
It's a very hot fantasy indeed. I'm attracted to girls who aren't ashamed of their sexuality and know what they want. I'd like to act out this fantasy but I'd also make sure we had a safeword.
Reply 56
Original post by uberteknik
Oh dear.

1) 'using a fantasy checklist that included sytematic prompts and checklists'. So the authors have defined what they themselves arbitrarily believe is the scientific definition of 'rape fantasy'. So the first error is therefore the non-scientifically proven and peer accepted definition of rape fantasy.

2) The study is very stratified in that it is only valid for university undergraduates. It therefore does not by any means whatsoever represent the population distribution of a large town let alone extrapolated to be valid for a country or the world.

3) It is likely that 2) above is further constrained by the study participants being voluntary participants and therefore again not representative of a normal population distribution.

4) 'systematic prompts and checklists'. i.e. another way of saying multiple choice. The respondents must therefore answer within strict constraints. It is likely that the answers will force the respondent away from the middle ground which again is a commin failing of such techniques.

I really should not go on as there is absolutely no point in arguing with results so flawed as to be worthless.

Probably best to hold back on 1 and 4 until you see the full text...
Think of it like how people get a kick out of FPS games, like CoD or whatever, but would ****ing crap themselves if you dropped them in an actual warzone. It's not something people actually want to do.

When you imagine yourself a hero in a game, you still imagine yourself as this strong, fast, invincible John McClane-esque figure. In reality, you're a pathetic nobody who'll would be torn apart in minutes.

Likewise, when women imagine rape fantasies, it's from a very safe vantage point. There's never any real danger to them, they just like the idea of rough "involuntary" sex that's given to them forcefully. They still imagine it feeling good. They still imagine wanting more. Real rape is nothing like the fantasy. Real rape is terrifying, dangerous and traumatic. No one wants that. Remember, when a women imagines this scenario, she still has the option to say no. She is in control of the fantasy and can chose to stop imagining at any point. So it's never a violation of her in the way true rape is.

Hope I helped.
I have a feeling this was either sarcastic (in which case, well done researchers! :congrats:) or confusion leading to the mindless, unfortunate confusion between the words Fantasy and Nightmare. :hmmm:
Original post by theorangebox
Think of it like how people get a kick out of FPS games, like CoD or whatever, but would ****ing crap themselves if you dropped them in an actual warzone. It's not something people actually want to do.

When you imagine yourself a hero in a game, you still imagine yourself as this strong, fast, invincible John McClane-esque figure. In reality, you're a pathetic nobody who'll would be torn apart in minutes.

Likewise, when women imagine rape fantasies, it's from a very safe vantage point. There's never any real danger to them, they just like the idea of rough "involuntary" sex that's given to them forcefully. They still imagine it feeling good. They still imagine wanting more. Real rape is nothing like the fantasy. Real rape is terrifying, dangerous and traumatic. No one wants that. Remember, when a women imagines this scenario, she still has the option to say no. She is in control of the fantasy and can chose to stop imagining at any point. So it's never a violation of her in the way true rape is.

Hope I helped.

My first thought exactly, I guess you can say people who play video games where the protagonist is able to be killed are indulging in "murder fantasies".

Latest

Trending

Trending