The Student Room Group

Applied for universities...A D in one subject. Will they ask to see my certificate?

I've applied for:

Queen Margaret
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Manchester Metropolitan
Northumbria University

I had to put my D grade down, I really didn't want to. Will I even get an offer to a uni if I got a D? and, will ANY of these universities ask to see my certificate?
Original post by samba1611
I've applied for:

Queen Margaret
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Manchester Metropolitan
Northumbria University

I had to put my D grade down, I really didn't want to. Will I even get an offer to a uni if I got a D? and, will ANY of these universities ask to see my certificate?

One D isn't going to make much of a difference and it is certainly right to put it down because to conceal it is regarded as fraudulent by the universities. I can't see why you are concerned about wanting to see your certificates: if they do (and some do ask), then it's because they gave you an offer despite your D and they already know you have it. Why would that be a problem? Unless you have concealed other grades on that certificate, in which case you should contact Ucas immediately to have them put on before the universities see it.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
One D isn't going to make much of a difference and it is certainly right to put it down because to conceal it is regarded as fraudulent by the universities. I can't see why you are concerned about wanting to see your certificates: if they do (and some do ask), then it's because they gave you an offer despite your D and they already know you have it. Why would that be a problem? Unless you have concealed other grades on that certificate, in which case you should contact Ucas immediately to have them put on before the universities see it.

Yeah, for my Int 2's and Standard Grades I got 5As and 2Bs except. I also failed Chemistry.
The thing is though, I was supposed to drop it. Never managed to. But it's just an Int 2... Surely it won't matter?
Yeah, for my Int 2's and Standard Grades I got 5As and 2Bs except. I also failed Chemistry.
The thing is though, I was supposed to drop it. Never managed to. But it's just an Int 2... Surely it won't matter?

I'm not an expert on Scottish qualifications, but I'd say the same to someone about one D at GCSE - it's not going to be a big deal in the context of your profile. I don't know what you are applying for, but I would think you're fine for most courses. Your grades are good.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm not an expert on Scottish qualifications, but I'd say the same to someone about one D at GCSE - it's not going to be a big deal in the context of your profile. I don't know what you are applying for, but I would think you're fine for most courses. Your grades are good.

Not really, those are standard grades they don't matter. My highers weren't so good. BBBCD...
I've applied for:

Queen Margaret
Edinburgh Napier
Heriot-Watt
Manchester Metropolitan
Northumbria University

I got an E in the AS level I dropped and currently have 3 offers. Don't worry, I too panicked that it would greatly affect my chances, but it's been fine as of yet! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, those are standard grades they don't matter. My highers weren't so good. BBBCD...

Ok, well not as good as your first set of grades, then. I assume you have looked at the required grades and pitched your applications accordingly. If you meet them, then there's no reason why you shouldn't be considered like everyone else who does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending