The Student Room Group

Accepted my unconditional

Just accepted my unconditional for Electrical & Electronic engineering at Manchester Met. Anyone any idea on how long it takes to get further information from the university like Track says? Dead excited
Original post by jrn17
Just accepted my unconditional for Electrical & Electronic engineering at Manchester Met. Anyone any idea on how long it takes to get further information from the university like Track says? Dead excited

Congratulations. I'm sure you'll be happy. However, don't expect to hear anything for a very long time, and perhaps not even until after results day in August when they have confirmed which of their conditional offers have been successful. They will be busy making offers now and most places tend to do bulk mail shots to larger groups of people. If something does come along, then that's a bonus. You'll most likely be bombarded by marketing emails from Ucas for the next 9 months, though...
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Congratulations. I'm sure you'll be happy. However, don't expect to hear anything for a very long time, and perhaps not even until after results day in August when they have confirmed which of their conditional offers have been successful. They will be busy making offers now and most places tend to do bulk mail shots to larger groups of people. If something does come along, then that's a bonus. You'll most likely be bombarded by marketing emails from Ucas for the next 9 months, though...

Thanks for the advice. It's going to be a long wait :/
Original post by jrn17
Thanks for the advice. It's going to be a long wait :/
Yes, it is, but it's not anxious wait for you because you aren't waiting for results. Your place is secure, so enjoy the ride!
Congratulations :biggrin: Assuming you're in your final year of school, a word of advice from an engineering first year: don't stop working just cause you have an unconditional. Engineering is pretty hard work, as you probably know, but if you keep up to date with maths and physics at school it will make first year much easier.

Congrats again though, bet you're well excited :biggrin: I know I was when I got my offer last year.
Reply 5
Original post by seyrose
Congratulations :biggrin: Assuming you're in your final year of school, a word of advice from an engineering first year: don't stop working just cause you have an unconditional. Engineering is pretty hard work, as you probably know, but if you keep up to date with maths and physics at school it will make first year much easier.

Congrats again though, bet you're well excited :biggrin: I know I was when I got my offer last year.

I did my A levels in June 12, been in work since then as a junior electrical design engineer so I'll be constantly involved in it. :smile: :smile:
Original post by jrn17
I did my A levels in June 12, been in work since then as a junior electrical design engineer so I'll be constantly involved in it. :smile: :smile:

Oh sweet, you'll have no problems then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending