The Student Room Group

TV Presenter causes outrage after she poses with the lion she has just killed.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not feeling outraged
Bachman? Wow it all makes sense how she has her job if she's related to a ****ing **** politician.
What do I think of it?

I don't ****ing care.

People all over the world pay big ****ing sums of money, and I mean huge amounts to head over to Africa and kill one of the big 5. This happens all the time, it isn't like she was the first person to do this in the last decade or anything like that.

Yet someone 'famous' kills a lion and all of a sudden it is an 'outrage' apparently.

How much money are these 'outraged' people donating each year to the likes of the IUCN or other various organisations that tackle such problems. Or even more specific, on the ground organisations? Not a ****ing penny for the vast majority of them I'd bit. Yet here they are slamming some wee lass because she did something that I happening all the ****ing time.
Reply 4
what next... Trevor McDonald shooting dolphins ?
Original post by the bear
what next... Trevor McDonald shooting dolphins ?

Dr. Tre would never hurt a dolphin.
Reply 6
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Dr. Tre would never hurt a dolphin.

i was more outraged by the one who did not wear a poppy tbh
Reply 7
Yeah it's disgusting. Hopefully she'll be banned from South Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Algorithm69
What an awful bitch. Love Ricky Gervais' comment.

That made me laugh too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't understand what she feels she has achieved by killing those poor animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
stupid bitch
I wouldn't actually have a problem if she used 'manpower' weapons like a bow & arrow, spear, etc. Then it's animal vs animal.

Shooting an animal for a trophy with a high-powered rifle from god-knows how far away makes you a cowardly piece of ****. There's nothing to boast of, apart from your ability to shoot something from far away.
Reply 12
Original post by Architecture-er
I wouldn't actually have a problem if she used 'manpower' weapons like a bow & arrow, spear, etc. Then it's animal vs animal.

Shooting an animal for a trophy with a high-powered rifle from god-knows how far away makes you a cowardly piece of ****. There's nothing to boast of, apart from your ability to shoot something from far away.

i have a problem with killing vulnerable animals for no reason at all :s-smilie:
Not nice seeing animals killed for fun - especially those which other people are trying so hard to conserve.
Reply 14
Original post by Lucy96
Don't understand what she feels she has achieved by killing those poor animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Her name all over the internet?
Original post by hatsuko
i have a problem with killing vulnerable animals for no reason at all :s-smilie:

A lion is only vulnerable if you're assassinating it from half a mile away, though.

If she kills one without high-powered tech then she deserves it, and that's something to show off, your hunting prowess. Killing a deer can be eaten and aren't endangered, etc etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by meenu89

she deleted her twitter and facebook lol :smile:
Reply 17
A lion is only vulnerable if you're assassinating it from half a mile away, though.

i mean lions are classified as vulnerable
Original post by meenu89

Luckily for her the hunting community probably supports her, or I reckon she wouldn't be long for this world :erm:

Would it ever be an equal fight though?

Even if she had a bow and arrow and got closer to it, I'd bet she would have a couple of helpers nearby ready to blow the thing away if it looked like the lion was going to win.

An even battle is her, on her own and unarmed. Even then it is a bit a of a dick move; leave the damn thing alone for Christ's sake.

Quick Reply

Latest