The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

62% of women have rape fantasies?!! ladies , care to explain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AristoBrat!
I have a feeling this was either sarcastic (in which case, well done researchers! :congrats:) or confusion leading to the mindless, unfortunate confusion between the words Fantasy and Nightmare. :hmmm:

You realise some girls do actually have rape fantasies, right? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should dismiss them completely.
Original post by Cucurbita
You realise some girls do actually have rape fantasies, right? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should dismiss them completely.

Firstly, forgive me if I don't see how 62% is "some girls". Secondly, speak for yourself, wait are you even a girl?
not rape but domination. two very different things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by AristoBrat!
Firstly, forgive me if I don't see how 62% is "some girls". Secondly, speak for yourself, wait are you even a girl?

I'm really confused now? You write in a very weird way.
Reply 64
Original post by theorangebox
Think of it like how people get a kick out of FPS games, like CoD or whatever, but would ****ing crap themselves if you dropped them in an actual warzone. It's not something people actually want to do.

When you imagine yourself a hero in a game, you still imagine yourself as this strong, fast, invincible John McClane-esque figure. In reality, you're a pathetic nobody who'll would be torn apart in minutes.

Likewise, when women imagine rape fantasies, it's from a very safe vantage point. There's never any real danger to them, they just like the idea of rough "involuntary" sex that's given to them forcefully. They still imagine it feeling good. They still imagine wanting more. Real rape is nothing like the fantasy. Real rape is terrifying, dangerous and traumatic. No one wants that. Remember, when a women imagines this scenario, she still has the option to say no. She is in control of the fantasy and can chose to stop imagining at any point. So it's never a violation of her in the way true rape is.

Hope I helped.

yeah but those guys play the games to kill other virtual guys, not to GET killed. they don't dream about getting a headshot and then teabagged, they want to win at a competitive video game. and they certainly don't masturbate over it, whether killing or getting killed. so why do most women dream about being raped, dominated and humiliated ?

but anyway, would that make it ok for guys to fantasize about raping women? i mean, it's just a fantasy , right? if you don't actually put it in practice? now remember, the key word is fantasy!
Rape fantasy is probably a misnomer. Usually what is interpreted as a rape fantasy simply involves protesting and fighting her partner off before being overpowered.

It is not difficult to fathom really. It is thrilling to have your agency removed to be replaced by faith and trust. The same principle underlies lots of things from BDSM to rollercoasters.
Original post by mimi112
yeah but those guys play the games to kill other virtual guys, not to GET killed. they don't dream about getting a headshot and then teabagged, they want to win at a competitive video game. and they certainly don't masturbate over it, whether killing or getting killed. so why do most women dream about being raped, dominated and humiliated ?

but anyway, would that make it ok for guys to fantasize about raping women? i mean, it's just a fantasy , right? if you don't actually put it in practice? now remember, the key word is fantasy!

Of course, they can imagine the other side of a rape fantasy, but it's important to separate that from actual fantasising about actual rape. The shocking-ness of the transposition you just made underlines how much the female "rape fantasy" is a misnomer.

I would say fantasising about committing actual rape is probably indicative of psychopathy.
Reply 67
Original post by scrotgrot
Of course, they can imagine the other side of a rape fantasy, but it's important to separate that from actual fantasising about actual rape. The shocking-ness of the transposition you just made underlines how much the female "rape fantasy" is a misnomer.

I would say fantasising about committing actual rape is probably indicative of psychopathy.

i would love to be a fly on the wall when a guy tells his girlfriend he fantasizes about raping women. now remember, the key word is fantasy. how do you think that would go?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 68
You would be surprised how many women

want to have a fire man knock on their door and force them up against a wall, then proceed to having sexual intercourse up against a wall

As you do.
Original post by mimi112
i would love to be a fly on the wall when a guy tells his girlfriend he fantasizes about raping women. now remember, the key word is fantasy. how do you think that would go?

Very poorly, because there isn't the cultural construct of a "rape fantasy" that his words can be mapped onto
Reply 70
not even one woman giving us super pg-13 cliffs of what their fantasy would be, even though almost half are admitting to it. i am disappoint. and remember, the key word is fantasy. so it's ok.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mimi112

Uhm. Well actually there are people that do. You might be surprised.

But anyway, I'm don't know why it makes any practical difference whether you fantasize about being the victim or the victimizer. Are you saying getting a kick out of the idea hurting others is somehow more acceptable than of being hurt? People are kinky. People have weird thoughts. BDSM isn't exactly a new thing and both men and women can enjoy both dominant and submissive roles. The point is that just because a woman (or man) fantasized about being dominated doesn't mean they actually want to be dominated. They just like the taboo of the idea. Honestly I'm not really sure what you're getting at? You might think it's weird and not understand why, but I don't get why people like grapefruit either.

Original post by mimi112

Is this supposed to get a rise out of me? I have no problem with anyone fantasizing about anything the hell they want, as long as they can separate it from reality. I'm not sure why you think I would. What goes on in your head is your business.
Reply 72
Original post by theorangebox

Is this supposed to get a rise out of me? I have no problem with anyone fantasizing about anything the hell they want, as long as they can separate it from reality. I'm not sure why you think I would. What goes on in your head is your business.

how do you think the vast majority of women would react to their partner telling them he fantasizes about raping women?
Reply 73
They don't want to be raped, they innately want to be dominated.

Funny thing I've noticed, go on google and type in "I want my boyfriend to be more....." and read the suggestions that commonly come up.
Reply 74
Mate implicit in your question is 'so would you mind if I raped you? Cos it's my fantasy too'

Yes I would jeffing mind.

Do I want some sweaty gross mess on me without my permission treating me like rotten meat no.
Original post by mimi112
how do you think the vast majority of women would react to their partner telling them he fantasizes about raping women?

Doesn't negate my point. 'In your head' and 'what you tell people' are different things. As soon as you vocalist a fantasy, it (or at least an element of it) enters the real world. If the man thinks it's an appropriate or relevant thing to tell his partner he has rape fantasies, then it must be for one of the following reasons:

1) He doesn't understand why a partner might be scared of that. In which case he clearly cannot separate fantasy from reality, because he doesn't understand why rape is a sensitive topic. Anyone who understands the different between imaginary and real rape knows that you can't just spring that on a woman and expect them to understand straight-off you know the difference.

2) He trusts his partner already knows him well enough enough to understand it's all in his head. In which case, if he's right, the partner won't condemn him for it. They know he doesn't actually want to do it.

3) He's genuinely asking for help. And it should be given to him. He shouldn't be condemned for it.

Many women would not feel comfortable telling their partners they fantasize about rape either, for fear that their partner doesn't understand what that means. Just because it's okay to have these things in your head doesn't suddenly mean everyone will instantly understand it's 'just in your head' if you tell them about it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cucurbita
I'm really confused now? You write in a very weird way.

Well, too bad. You should have gone to school when they told you.
Reply 77
It's got to be domination, hasn't it? Can't see too many young girls fantasizing about being raped by a middle-aged man whilst they are walking home through the park after work.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
This fantasy thing is a bit hard to believe, otherwise a lot of people need psychiatric treatment.

not at all, the psychology behind the rape fantasty is that the control on behalf of the "rapist" is completely illusionary. It can be taken away with a single word. The woman has the ultimate power.

Original post by meenu89
Definitely this. There is a world of a difference between the two. To answer the question, yes I have, acted on it once.

Just for curiosities sake did you enjoy it?

My partner likes being forced but she always knows that if she ever got uncomfortable then she only had to say so and id stop
Most animals sexual rituals are quite rough and somewhat rapey. The male just senses the female is on heat and forces himself on her. In our evolutionary past there will have been animals that had sex in this way. The pleasurable psychology from this behavior has probably not been completely removed from our brains as it is not maladaptive.

Latest

Trending

Trending