The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you ever notice how non-Western women treat you so much better?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Did you know your intelligence is proportional to the amount of generalisations you make?

AKA you're being a dumb **** right now by generalising quite a lot of people based on ethnicities/race
Original post by pandabird
Not at all :ashamed:

We're all different, none are better. It's just collectivist cultures (Asia, certain parts of Europe etc.) tend to be more oriented towards the group- friends, families rather than the individual. So they're more interdependent rather than independent, and so are less likely to be all 'I am a strong independent woman who don't need no man'. In a nut shell that is of course.

There is no 'better', just different.

Not sure I necessarily agree. In Western cultures people are less collectivist because there is less need to be, because of things such as the welfare state. In Africa and Asia families probably chip in more to raise children (for example) because unlike western countries the safety net does not exist-I'm simply not able to believe that Western women are more independent than those from non-Western cultures, because people take the safety net for granted.
Original post by sugar-n-spice
Not sure I necessarily agree. In Western cultures people are less collectivist because there is less need to be, because of things such as the welfare state. In Africa and Asia families probably chip in more to raise children (for example) because unlike western countries the safety net does not exist-I'm simply not able to believe that Western women are more independent than those from non-Western cultures, because people take the safety net for granted.

Its not about that, look at ethnically non western cultures in the uk. bad grammar typing one handed
Reply 103
Original post by sugar-n-spice

No because one of the largest collectivist cultures is Japan which is one of the most developed and a very wealthy country. They have completely different attitudes which is quite interesting. Lots of studies show differences between Japanese and American people in terms of how they identify themselves, how they attribute behaviour of others and how they identify the world and themselves in it. I've just been learning about it at uni.

It's a completely different outlook between the cultures, if you're interested I'll tell you about it :smile: But I'll have to go back over my notes because I've a brain like a sieve.
Original post by Ndella
Yeah it's a change from the black girl threads

Haha, I'm a BG so yeah. Thank God! :smile:
Reply 105
People from Asia love white skin
Reply 106
I've always noticed that women who say I'm a "strong independent woman and I don't need no man" just use that as an excuse because they can't get men tbh. Guys who can't get laid say the same thing. They come to terms with the fact that they can't offer much to the opposite sex hence they put themselves on a pedestal that no one is even paying attention to. No person can be that arrogant tbh.
(edited 10 years ago)
TS!! post this in relationship section plox
Reply 108
Original post by Mr_Vain
No, not Swedish, they seemed very militant and quite male in their attitudes. They were very similar to girls here. There is a very big casual sex scene in Sweden and sex is easy to get, but it's just so bland. The girls are not interesting, they lack that intellectual flair that I like. They just don't stimulate me mentally if you know what I mean. The women were not very feminine, but seem very feminist. Norway was nice, Finland was nice.

People talk about the French women being nasty so and so's but personality wise I really like them (those that I have met). Except the Parisians.

10 points for which of those 2 countries are not Scandinavian...
Reply 109
Original post by Buberries
10 points for which of those 2 countries are not Scandinavian...

You've lost me. Afaik they are both Scandinavian.
I was on holiday in Turkey, chilling by the pool, was the only English guy there, rest were Russians and Turks.

Old 70 ish year old gardner lady cleaning up the plants and cutting off the debris into a wheel-barrow, anyway gust of wind blows loads of the dead leaves out of the wheel barrow, the other guys just laugh, do nothing to help.

I help the lady pick up get like 6 giant leaves (took about 20 seconds), and her reaction is as if I just saved her baby!

She's so grateful for what I thought was a pretty standard thing.
Reply 111
Original post by Mr_Vain
You've lost me. Afaik they are both Scandinavian.

Norway is a Scandinavian country along with Sweden and Denmark. Finland on the other hand is not strictly a Scandinavian country, it is a Nordic country, other Nordic countries include Iceland and Greenland.

But I am glad that you enjoyed those countries regardless.
Reply 112
Original post by Buberries
Norway is a Scandinavian country along with Sweden and Denmark. Finland on the other hand is not strictly a Scandinavian country, it is a Nordic country, other Nordic countries include Iceland and Greenland.

But I am glad that you enjoyed those countries regardless.

Thanks for the geography lesson. :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by Mr_Vain
Thanks for the geography lesson. :smile:

I am glad that you see it that way. :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by GrumpyCat
Dem generalizations.

SO MANY

TSR talking **** about things they don't understand as if they're lifelong experts on the subject.

Again.
Reply 115
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Haha, I'm a BG so yeah. Thank God! :smile:

I'm a black girl too. Shows how there's flaws in every race - even whites lol :biggrin:
Original post by Ndella
I'm a black girl too. Shows how there's flaws in every race - even whites lol :biggrin:

True, but my first post was meant to be sarcastic. No one gives BG credit, which is saddening because not all of us are like how they make us out to be... you know.. wear weave, are loud, speak ghetto talk and all sorts. Oh well, I guess there are flaws in ever race as you said "even whites" :smile:
Original post by Sheldor
Maybe that's because 90% of the female university population are white?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says something about diversity in your unit
Original post by vendettax
I swear Polish, Russian, Chinese, South-East Asian etc women treat men so much better.

And white guys, do you ever notice how non-white women treat us much better? My black male friends also said non-black women treat them way better than black women do.

I swear middle-class white women actively despise white men. I've never heard a black or Asian woman complaining about "white, cisgender, hetero white male privilege", it's always white women. Yet white men are the ones who let their women create feminism and express it, they also are least likely to rape (compare European rape figures to Africa and Asia). You just can't win with them.

I think I'm going to get married to an East Asian, or mixed race female as they treat me 100x better.

Men only, express your experiences.

Thousands of 'make me a sandwich' men noticed that ages before you.
Original post by keromedic
Not really. Although old people of color often don't assume (or at least less) that I'm going to rob them...

I wonder why.

Quick Reply

Latest