The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't see nothing racist just some butthurt people
Reply 2
Seriously... who cares?
And if there were no black performers she would also be accused of racism. You can't win with the professionally offended class.
Only a racist would look at a music video, note down the colour of the people's skin and say that therefore the video was racist.

A true non-racist sees people as people and does not care if everyone is white, everyone is black, everyone is brown, or if there is some sort of mix. A true non-racist simply does not register this as being of any more importance than the colour of people's hair or the size of their feet.
Reply 5
Original post by techno-thriller
I don't see nothing racist just some butthurt people

Are you white by any chance?
Original post by felamaslen
Only a racist would look at a music video, note down the colour of the people's skin and say that therefore the video was racist.

Exactly. Lazy, ill-informed, and poorly opinionated Journalism at it's worse here.
Original post by Effy.

Why:confused:
Reply 9
I don't understand how it's racist? Just because they are black dancers? Would it be racist against white people if they were all white dancers? :confused:
Reply 10
She could have made it easier on herself by including a more even mix of white, black, latino women, whatever - but she said she went with the best dancers, and if she'd chosen white women over better black dancers to make a point, they'd still be crying racism. It's impossible to win in today's society.
Reply 11
Original post by techno-thriller
Why:confused:

I thought as much.
Original post by Effy.
I thought as much.

Do you not understand the irony of questioning whether someone is racist based upon their skin colour?
You can be caucasian and against racism you know?
(edited 10 years ago)
This problem would've easily been avoided if they didn't employ Asians. Would that fix the un-Politically Correct problem this caused?
Original post by Effy.
I thought as much.

He has (rightly) refused to answer your silly question, so what is your point?

I'm just making myself comfortable; this better be worth the build-up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's racism saying it's racist. Only a racist woukd give a **** what colour the dancers are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Effy.

Are we about to hear a load of bull**** about "white privilege" and other such nonsense, by any chance? :rolleyes:
Original post by KillEmAll
Guardian are so up their own arses

Despite the fact they're simply reporting the accusations, not making them themselves?

Seems like a fuss over nothing, who is actually saying it's racist? A couple of nobody bloggers. Very few people think it's racist, because it isn't.
Reply 18
[video="youtube;bmsV1TuESrc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmsV1TuESrc[/video]
Reply 19
I don't see the racism in this. Black girls are just known to be better twerkers rather than white women anyway. Also, the message communicated through Lily Allen's song has no connection to race, it's connected to the objectification of women in the music industry - no matter their race.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending