The Student Room Group

Is grinding cheating?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
whats grinding?
Not strictly 'cheating' but I wouldn't put up with it. Anyone in a relationship who wants to stay in the relationship should know it shouldn't be done.
Original post by Plainview
Why do you do this?

Just doing my duty as a Grammar Nazi :h:
Original post by aiko777
whats grinding?

According to Wikipedia, the authority on pretty much everything, grinding is:

a type of close partner dance where two or more dancers rub or bump their bodies against each other, especially a female dancer rubbing her buttocks against a male dancer's crotch area, in imitation of rear-entry or "doggie style" sexual activity.

It's a right laugh.
Reply 24
Original post by Maid Marian
Just doing my duty as a Grammar Nazi :h:

What will it achieve?
I have a girlfriend, I dance with girls sometimes but don't grind. I'd say it's out of order, but not cheating.
Depends on the situation, if there is clear attraction there and they're not just joking about then it's getting close to cheating, yeah.

Not unforgivable behaviour if it's a genuine mistake though imo.
Original post by Plainview
What will it achieve?

It will improve the grammar skills of the nation. :cool:
I take my duty seriously.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you consider grinding on a guy, cheating if the girl has a boyfriend?

Out and out cheating? No, but pretty **** form in and of itself and probably making me question the relationship.

But then I think if you go off grinding other guys while in a relationship you're still a bit too immature to seriously be in one.
It's not technically cheating but I would be outraged if my boyfriend grinded on another girl and I would never let someone else grind on me either.
Reply 30
He would get a stern telling off if he did this with another woman.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Would you be okay if your partner was indulging in the same activity? if yes, then its probably better if you don't do it.
Reply 32
Got to agree, if I found out my girlfriend was 'grinding' around town, there would be some serious consequences :holmes:
Reply 33
Original post by aiko777
whats grinding?

to reduce to fine particles, as by pounding or crushing :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
Would you consider grinding on a guy, cheating if the girl has a boyfriend?

If you wouldn't want your partner to know you'd done it, it's cheating. End of.
Reply 35
I'll slap or dump a bitch for grinding on another guy.

I'll still grind with other girls behind my girl's back though, regardless of whether she considers it cheating or not.

She could do the same in theory, but that's life init, gotta learn to trust.
Original post by snowyowl
If you wouldn't want your partner to know you'd done it, it's cheating. End of.

Silly definition, that would make things like doing drugs or driving dangerously cheating.
Original post by Mankytoes
Silly definition, that would make things like doing drugs or driving dangerously cheating.

I meant in a potentially sexual context with another person. I thought that was obvious. :facepalm2:
I don't see the appeal in grinding against someone who isn't your boyfriend but I don't consider it cheating if you're simply joking around or dancing.

The double standards in this thread is shocking though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowyowl
I meant in a potentially sexual context with another person. I thought that was obvious. :facepalm2:

Nope, I mean what's "end of" if it doesn't indicate a definitive statement?

It is a grey area. It's assumed no sexual touching or kissing in a relationship, but really you should talk about limitations in things like this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending