The Student Room Group

One Piece!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by llb.
I think if I could have any power, it would be to use Conquerors Haki when ever I want and can overcome any foe as well as eliminate their power.

One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are the big 3 really. I think for a long time I considered Naruto my favourite anime, but it's got way too much filler so it lost it's place. I think overall One Piece has it all, and I love the humour! :smile:

What Devil fruit would you want? Mine would be Marco's Phoenix fruit or Luffy's ... Or the God Ace's fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Same. I only read One Piece though. I'm stopping with Naruto after it's recent performance with the villain :/ Bleach is bull lol. The amount of contradictions in that show.

Aw, you should watch One Piece, it is even funnier when you are actually watching it xD Lets not talk about Naruto, after this week chapter I wanted to SMACK him for giving his hand to that *******, but allow it, I gave up.

Right now One piece has me in a good place so I am good!
Reply 22
i don't really watch one piece but read the manga. I have volumes 61-68 and waiting for 69 to be released this december. But i am currently up to date. Don't want to spoil anything for you since you're still at punk hazard but the next arc is beast. It truly is the new world !
Reply 23
Original post by AnimeCrazy
I know! The bit where DanDan was beating him up, oh god my heart hurt fro him! The Makino stopped him, but damn Grap will always hate himself for it ;(

Oh when Kuma separated them, dont remind me! the bit was too much, Luffy when mad! I cried even more when Jinbei is beating him up and yelling at him, "What do you have left?" Then he cries and names all of them. God I dont think I've cried that much in years!

The worst was Ace's death! Good god... I am HOPING and I KNOW Sabo is alive, I wonder if Luffy will even remember him, or hit him. Please let Sabo be alive!

Yeah that was really sad, he didn't do anything to stop it because he deserved it.

I think both situations were really emotional. There was also the part where Nami was on Weatheria and was explaining to the old man that Luffy would be lost without a navigator, when she found out about Ace's death. It was sad because she really cares for him and she was the only one that Luffy entrusted his hat with (Arlong Arc).

Sabo is definitely alive, and he is going to be a major character sooner or later!
Reply 24
Original post by 02simm
i don't really watch one piece but read the manga. I have volumes 61-68 and waiting for 69 to be released this december. But i am currently up to date. Don't want to spoil anything for you since you're still at punk hazard but the next arc is beast. It truly is the new world !

Right! I hope to god Luffy (I dont want to spoil it so hope you understand) gets what he is fighting for now! It would mean so much to him and me!
Reply 25
Original post by -TheSpecialOne-
What Devil fruit would you want? Mine would be Marco's Phoenix fruit or Luffy's ... Or the God Ace's fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't want a Devil Fruit, since it would create a weakness to water. I would therefore prefer a Conqueror's Haki that has unlimited uses and can strip away the powers of others. I would then be invincible! haha
I remember when I loved watching one piece (anime) like 2 years ago.
I originally put it on hold untill I have enough eps to have a marathon, but honestly the pacing for the anime of one piece is absolutely terrible currently.

The last episode I watched was basically Zoro, Luffy, Robin and Usopp fighting a dragon for 20minutes (I mean seriously???) So I also get kinda discouraged from time to time.

I miss the old one piece (up to enies lobby). The pacing was MUCH better then, the art and the characters also.
Original post by llb.
I think if I could have any power, it would be to use Conquerors Haki when ever I want and can overcome any foe as well as eliminate their power.

One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are the big 3 really. I think for a long time I considered Naruto my favourite anime, but it's got way too much filler so it lost it's place. I think overall One Piece has it all, and I love the humour! :smile:

See, I think that's too powerful. Like if you watch naruto or have any idea what's currently going on. I think he's way too powerful for doing nothing really. He's never lost as well which annoys. Whereas in One Piece the strawhats have lost and they always beat the enemy through some logic mean. The humour cracks me up. Sanji and Zoro fights, Sanjis reactions to women, Usopp great lies. Like this scene just makes me laugh cause of its randomness lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPWoM83j8Ns

I think One Piece beats all the others. I don't think my view bias either. I watched Naruto first and liked it, but ridiculous fillers and nothing ever happened with characters developing - just naruto and sasuke. I enjoyed when they were kids and rock lee and shikamaru had their chance to shine. I watched Bleach after and it was so awesome when they were charging through soul society to save Rukai and all the captains powers came out - love Aizen and Urahara. But then, it just made so many contradictions and it was like WHAAAAT?

If you've got the time and the interest, I recommend watching Death Note, Full metal alchemist brotherhood, Inu Yasha and kenshin. The first 2 I watched 2 years ago and they are simply incredible, don't worry they are no way near as long as Naruto and One Piece. Like Death note I 25 episodes and FMAB is 60. Inu Yasha is something I watched as a kid and want to know how it ends :angry: Kenshin is awesome to, but you need to read the manga on the last chapter because they didn't animate that. It's a samurai show which is awesome. Another is KHR which I forgot. I miss these shows :frown: you can never go back when you know it.
Reply 28
Na I think it's just the punk hazard arc no one I've ever spoke to enjoys/enjoyed that arc it was bad even in the manga but it does get better after it's finished don't be discouraged hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by llb.
Yeah that was really sad, he didn't do anything to stop it because he deserved it.

I think both situations were really emotional. There was also the part where Nami was on Weatheria and was explaining to the old man that Luffy would be lost without a navigator, when she found out about Ace's death. It was sad because she really cares for him and she was the only one that Luffy entrusted his hat with (Arlong Arc).

Sabo is definitely alive, and he is going to be a major character sooner or later!

Yeah, you could tell they all cared about Luffy, when they all got the news their first instinct was to get to Luffy, man at that point even I was bawling and running outside the house as if to see Luffy out there. Needless to say my mum thought I was crazy but I didnt care xD

Oh the Arlong arc was good and i love how they brought Hacchi into it and how they re-told the story in fisherman Island it brought awesome memories :P

I bet Robin met Sabo when she was with Dragon! I am hoping for a time when they all sit down and talk about what they did in the 2 years they were separated! I really want to know what they did!

Didnt you love the bit where Iva-Chan was talking about Dragon then Luffy casually says 'Oh yeah, my dad" And Iva carries on then half way through the speech he goes like 'D-d-DAD?" The way he FLEW ;D That was TOOOOOOO funny :P

Man, one piece always has me on talking on forever :P
I used to watch the show everyday when I was younger. Always had a thing for Zoro.. Those katanas. <3
Reply 31
See, I think that's too powerful. Like if you watch naruto or have any idea what's currently going on. I think he's way too powerful for doing nothing really. He's never lost as well which annoys. Whereas in One Piece the strawhats have lost and they always beat the enemy through some logic mean. The humour cracks me up. Sanji and Zoro fights, Sanjis reactions to women, Usopp great lies. Like this scene just makes me laugh cause of its randomness lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPWoM83j8Ns

I think One Piece beats all the others. I don't think my view bias either. I watched Naruto first and liked it, but ridiculous fillers and nothing ever happened with characters developing - just naruto and sasuke. I enjoyed when they were kids and rock lee and shikamaru had their chance to shine. I watched Bleach after and it was so awesome when they were charging through soul society to save Rukai and all the captains powers came out - love Aizen and Urahara. But then, it just made so many contradictions and it was like WHAAAAT?

If you've got the time and the interest, I recommend watching Death Note, Full metal alchemist brotherhood, Inu Yasha and kenshin. The first 2 I watched 2 years ago and they are simply incredible, don't worry they are no way near as long as Naruto and One Piece. Like Death note I 25 episodes and FMAB is 60. Inu Yasha is something I watched as a kid and want to know how it ends :angry: Kenshin is awesome to, but you need to read the manga on the last chapter because they didn't animate that. It's a samurai show which is awesome. Another is KHR which I forgot. I miss these shows :frown: you can never go back when you know it.

Yeah I guess too much power would just make it boring. I agree with you about Naruto, it's like he will never lose! I think Bleach was really good and yeah my favourite was when they first entered Soul Society and Ichigo realised his true power! The Aizen twist was a shocker for me and just got me hooked! Then the whole middle part of the anime was dull, until they reached the end. Also the whole Gin twist! Man he reminded me of Snape from Harry Potter!

I've seen all those anime, i'm currently on episode 156 of Inuyasha. I haven't watched Kenshin, so will give that a go :smile:
Aw, you should watch One Piece, it is even funnier when you are actually watching it xD Lets not talk about Naruto, after this week chapter I wanted to SMACK him for giving his hand to that *******, but allow it, I gave up.

Right now One piece has me in a good place so I am good!

I don't think the naruto maker really gave an answer to the defeated villain question. I am tired of talk no justu winning everything. One Piece made me sad to. When that guy was killing the others :frown: Oda knows how to stir my emotions. At the same time I'm happy Oda made the villain like that. It's those kind of things which make the show interesting to watch. I can't wait till Luffy finds out: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/0/2/pissed_off_luffy_by_hikenxnoxace-d5i7s9i.jpg

I like how Oda made everyone absolutely hate Akainu. I hate that guy so much. I think Aokiji would have been an awesome leader of the marines.
Reply 33

Oh my god! Someone that ACTUALLY thinks like I do! xD When Naruto was a kid it was AMAZING because everyone was in it and made sense the whole get Sasuke back, but years later it is just utter BS! After reading the manga two months ago the way Sasuke comes back.... I wanted to commit sucidide right there and then, and now the chapters are beyond dumb! Bleach was good right up to Rukia and then when the zanpacto arc came I stopped and didnt go back.

Oh I watched Death note as well :P Loved it, I;ve also watched FMA, but not Brotherhood, I plan to watch that soon, have you watched both? Which do you think is the best?

I died at the youtube click:P That was funny but this one tops it, only time Usopp did something useful :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K2DnVwx9r8 I LOVED this :P It was so FUNNY!
Reply 34
Zoro hands down.
Reply 35
Yeah, you could tell they all cared about Luffy, when they all got the news their first instinct was to get to Luffy, man at that point even I was bawling and running outside the house as if to see Luffy out there. Needless to say my mum thought I was crazy but I didnt care xD

Oh the Arlong arc was good and i love how they brought Hacchi into it and how they re-told the story in fisherman Island it brought awesome memories :P

I bet Robin met Sabo when she was with Dragon! I am hoping for a time when they all sit down and talk about what they did in the 2 years they were separated! I really want to know what they did!

Didnt you love the bit where Iva-Chan was talking about Dragon then Luffy casually says 'Oh yeah, my dad" And Iva carries on then half way through the speech he goes like 'D-d-DAD?" The way he FLEW ;D That was TOOOOOOO funny :P

Man, one piece always has me on talking on forever :P

Yeah man Nico Robin must know a lot now, especially about Dragon since she met him. I'm curious as to why nobody has talked about what they did in the past 2 years! Zoro's injured eye also must have a story!

Haha I was watching that part last night on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkxlVjoEjk
Original post by llb.
Yeah I guess too much power would just make it boring. I agree with you about Naruto, it's like he will never lose! I think Bleach was really good and yeah my favourite was when they first entered Soul Society and Ichigo realised his true power! The Aizen twist was a shocker for me and just got me hooked! Then the whole middle part of the anime was dull, until they reached the end. Also the whole Gin twist! Man he reminded me of Snape from Harry Potter!

I've seen all those anime, i'm currently on episode 156 of Inuyasha. I haven't watched Kenshin, so will give that a go :smile:

Yeah I never saw Gin coming. To be honest though, the writer never showed anything on Gin being good until after he committed the act which just made it seem like a last minute thing. I mean with Naruto and the truth about Itachi, all his actions suggested that the truth about him was true. You would like kenshin. I started liking samurai animes because I find the animations for them to watch so awesome. There's this movie called Stranger of the Sword which you can watch on youtube - I recommend it in English dub. It's actually really good.

Am I the only one who likes the Japanese voices over the English voices? In some shows anyway. fo Fmab and Inu Yasha, I didn't mind them.
Reply 37
I don't think the naruto maker really gave an answer to the defeated villain question. I am tired of talk no justu winning everything. One Piece made me sad to. When that guy was killing the others :frown: Oda knows how to stir my emotions. At the same time I'm happy Oda made the villain like that. It's those kind of things which make the show interesting to watch. I can't wait till Luffy finds out: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/0/2/pissed_off_luffy_by_hikenxnoxace-d5i7s9i.jpg

I like how Oda made everyone absolutely hate Akainu. I hate that guy so much. I think Aokiji would have been an awesome leader of the marines.

Talk no justu uno xD I called it bs no jutsu, I mean with Naguto it kind of made sense... but now?! No that was too much and when Sasuke came back and said what he wanted to become, I literally cried of LAuGHTER how could have the audacity to say that? After everything he did? Man that guy knows how to make me cry of laughter :P

Yeah Aukino is a real dick, have you watched the One piece movie Z? AMAZING, and Aokiji was in it as well, loved it :P Luffy will kill akainu I just know it

The bit I am REALLY looking forward to is, when Usopp meets his father, I dont know why, but that bit has me soooooo excited :P And when Luffy meets Shanks! God I cant wait! One piece still has a lot of plot holes to fill in which I LOVE.
Reply 38
One piece, IS REAL!. Best line in anime history period from the one and only whitebeard.
Reply 39
The reason why naruto is pure Bull**** now is that it feels like kishi hasn't really thought out the story like it feels like he's just writing the story to get it out the way like it's just a burden and he'd rather be doing something else like there isn't much character building like in one piece? The story seems rushed like after the 2year skip in naruto there was exactly 0 power ups and within 2-3 arcs naruto has had 3+ instantaneous power ups (sage mode , kyuubi mode, fusion) wherease one piece has a much more gradual way of developing each characters strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest