The Student Room Group

Ran away!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Where should we go??

Batley...
your both British Indian, but are your religions different?
We're both in 2nd and 3rd year of uni so we're old enough to do this! We're british indian both

Well India sounds like a reasonable choice then. Althought I would go to Nepal.
Original post by james22
Are your families indian?

I'm just trying to get a background, it is much easier for everyone to give advice with the backgtround information.

Yeah they are
Reply 24
What is wrong with staying in Britain? Are you able to support yourselves until you leave uni and get jobs? Do you actually fear your family doing something to you?
Reply 25
Original post by Maid Marian
Why Nigeria, of all places?

If you are going to say depressing things or something along the lines of 'i am ugly wish I had a boyfriend' please leave the thread.
Reply 26
Original post by james22
What is wrong with staying in Britain? Are you able to support yourselves until you leave uni and get jobs? Do you actually fear your family doing something to you?

We feel like they'll find us if we stay here and do something to split us up. Thanks for all the support really appreciate it :redface:
Please don't go to Nigeria. Anywhere but there. Its definitely not a safe place unless you have a lot of money. Some of the people there will perceive you as an easy target because you're foreigners and expect you to have money. Are your parents threatening to kill you? Why not simply move out of your family home, stay at university. Wait until you and your boyfriend both graduate, then get married? At least you'll both have advanced qualifications.
If you are going to say depressing things or something along the lines of 'i am ugly wish I had a boyfriend' please leave the thread.

Care to come out of anon and say that? Coward.
Reply 29
We feel like they'll find us if we stay here and do something to split us up. Thanks for all the support really appreciate it :redface:

Try to reason with them and tell them that this is your choice and that you are an adult etc. You will know best how to say it because they're your parents. If that fails you can just ignore them and if they keep harrassing you, call the police. One advantage of being in the UK is that the legal and policing system iis much better than in places like Nigeria where, if your parents were to follow you there, things would be much harder. I would say you are safer in the UK, if you consider your safety to be an issue (again they're your parents and I don't know them, and I don't want you to think I'm accusing your parents of anything, but I've seen many stories on here about abusive parents in this sort of situation).
Care to come out of anon and say that? Coward.

Pls go. Your not helping I will report you.
Pls go. Your not helping I will report you.

I don't care.

I don't think TSR is a place I want to be anymore.

Coward.
I wanted to be with my boyfriend but our families wouldn't let us be together (strict religious families) and were about to get me married to a stranger but I escaped and ran away with my boyfriend and we are now staying at a hotel and planning to flee to Nigeria so they can't find us. :frown: advice please?

You want to flee to Nigeria

The minute they hear you accent, you'll held for ransom lol
I'm not condoning you guys running away but you could have chosen any other country other than Nigeria. It's not as if they'd find you in Germany or somewhere in Europe. It would be cheaper to remain in Europe. Why don't you try going home and convincing your parents how much you love your partner. Why risk losing your family over a boy? You guys can wait until you are financially stable and a bit older before you make such decisions, for instance, marriage. Good Luck!

Edit: As another poster said, call the police if things really become problematic.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
I don't care.

I don't think TSR is a place I want to be anymore.

Coward.

Read the situation we've been through before saying such things and take a long look at yourself before calling people such names.
This has to be a troll?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:laugh:

random/unecessary..
Read the situation we've been through before saying such things and take a long look at yourself before calling people such names.

?
"We've" been through? I don't know who you are or what you mean. You sniped at me for absolutely no reason on this thread, you started the argument. I'll call you coward if I want to.
Reply 38
I would not go to Nigeria, I would go somewhere where you are secure in the language and culture, where have you been before holiday or living wise??
Reply 39
also why not wait till you both finish university, surely its worth getting your education first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending