The Student Room Group

I am so ugly

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by aeon439
Unaware of what?

Please explain

A simple google search would suffice, I don't know why you didn't do that in the first place tbh.
Woaaahh. The gang banging in this thread
Original post by aeon439

I don't like to see serious issues ridiculed

A lot of mental illness is caused by people being insulted and bullied over their looks and anyone who seeks to be dismissive about it has to be suspect as a bully themself in my opinion

:smile: Yeah, there doesn't seem to be enough understanding of mental health issues :cry2: People don't understand.
Reply 83
Original post by Maid Marian
How lovely.

ZRO, accept it, you're just a pig.

Why are you being so mean Maid Marian.
You look pretty average to me and have a boyfriend that loves you, I think you should learn to be happy with yourself.

Are you even sure that people are talking about you and you don't just have a persecution complex because you think that you're ugly? It probably has a lot to do with confidence as well, if you shuffle down the street with your head down then people are more likely to notice that. From your pictures there's no way I'd think 'Oh my, she's really ugly' if I passed you in the street and I highly doubt many other people would either.
Reply 85
Original post by Maid Marian
:smile: Yeah, there doesn't seem to be enough understanding of mental health issues :cry2: People don't understand.

I do and I will defend anyone going through this kind of s**t as I've spent most of my adult life dealing with it as well.
Original post by Anonymous
It's true. I am. 3 times yesterday in the space of an hour, random strangers walking past me said things along the lines of "ugh look at that girl", "eww look at her", "lol look at that". I've had enough. No amount of makeup or a decent body can make up for the fact that people see your face before your body, and my face looks like a slapped arse.

My boyfriend disagrees and says he thinks I'm beautiful but I know he's lying., I have no doubt he loves me but I don't think he is attracted to me at all. We have been together for 4 years.

I can't take this any more. I can't take being looked at like a sloppy turd someone's just stepped in. I can't take being brought to tears at the mere thought of a photo being taken of me because I am just so hideous. I can't take knowing deep down that my boyfriend can do so much better than me.

I can't do this.

I just can't.

Well I think everyone thinks theyre ugly in some way, even the prettiest of people feel theyre ugly in one way or another. People have their pretty side and their not so pretty side, that's life. But I think really you should look at it from another perspective, ive seen so many stories of girls with facial deformities saying 'im so ugly' and how hard they find everything, and then there are those who will tell you straight up 'im pretty the way I am' See how their perspective in the issue differs? Why don't you try being grateful for what you have, the eyes and ears and legs youre blessed with. Stop chasing beauty to please others, please yourself...you know theres more to life than looks, and im sure you're pretty :smile: its just people knocking your confidence and thayve made you feel that way, that you actually believe them. If your boyfriend felt he could do better then im sure he would have left you already, be thankful! Youre pretty in your own individual way. So what people call you ugly, people will but some people wont. Haters gon hate right? Be happy and live life in confidence. But seriously if its bothering you that badly, the internet has lots of tips :wink:
Reply 87
Original post by Cucurbita
A simple google search would suffice, I don't know why you didn't do that in the first place tbh.

I'm confused as to what the meaning of 'so unaware' was so asked for an explanation

I don't even know what I'm meant to be googling

What am I unaware about?
Reply 88
Original post by ZRO
1v1 irl srs i'll wreck you m8.

Spoiler

Spoiler

umm on topic gotta stay on topic, you aint ugly OP i guess...hang in there.
Reply 89
Original post by Cucurbita

Spoiler

umm on topic gotta stay on topic, you aint ugly OP i guess...hang in there.

Spoiler

OP its all good stay safe pls your boyfriend loves you.
Reply 90
Original post by aeon439
I'm confused as to what the meaning of 'so unaware' was so asked for an explanation

I don't even know what I'm meant to be googling

What am I unaware about?

just try not to take everything super srs all the time okay
Original post by Anonymous
If you all insist on photos...

www.twitter.com/snowyowl91.

My boyfriend follows me and he insisted I put photos up because he likes them. So there.

I don't know what this thread is for really, I just needed to vent before I did something stupid.

You again? You made a similar thread one or two weeks ago. :erm:
Reply 92
Accept yourself.
Strangers on the internet are not going to give reasonable replies in this circumstance. This is not going to help your self-esteem or anything. Anyway, why should it? Your self worth shouldn't come from us. Who are we? lol.
But, I'm going to say this anyway.

1)Look, saying you're ugly isn't going to make you feel pretty, nor is making people tell you you are pretty. Just try ( I know it's easier said than done) to love yourself more, or say to yourself "look, this is who am I, I'm ok with it, I look fine, I look good and if people don't agree then they can do one." It may not change your attitude overall but I think it may help you cope with how you are feeling, just telling yourself you're fine.

2) I think the most obvious thing that contradicts your ugly thing, is the fact that you have a boyfriend. If you were significantly hideous (which I don't think anybody actually is) then you may not have one. However, this has got me thinking, if you think you're that ugly, and you think everyone thinks your ugly (i'm assuming) then why are you still with your boyfriend? Surely he's just lying saying you're not pretty...Unless you don't think you're that ugly! And you realise in your heart that your looks don't even matter!! All I'm saying is that 1)you have a boyfriend who thinks you're hot and 2)looks don't matter that much in the real world

3) Finally, remember those stupid comments are made by silly kids who have nothing better to do with their lives. Their words means nothing! Remember sticks and stones may break my bones but words, will never hurt me! Just say that to yourself (may sound childish, but it does help) whenever someone makes a silly comment, or call them out on it say something like "you're one to talk, you're not so good looking yourself"

Peace :hugs:
Original post by aeon439
Why bother posting on this thread at all if you don't like the subject matter

I don't relate to about 50% of the subject matter on other threads so guess what I do?

Some people are badly affected by this type of behaviour so who are you to try and shut down the debate?

How rude and arrogant are you?

I'll post on whatever threads I want. There are worse things in life than being (called) ugly. Honestly, who goes around calling people ugly like that in real life? OP needs to ignore it. Why would her bf be with her for that long if he didn't feel anything for her? What is the point in starting this thread if not to wallow in self pity? This board has become so depressing. If you have a problem you obviously need to see someone irl and stop treating people on the internet as psychiatrists. If you think I'm rude you better stay off most of the internet.
Reply 95
Original post by chronic_fatigue
I'll post on whatever threads I want. There are worse things in life than being (called) ugly. Honestly, who goes around calling people ugly like that in real life? OP needs to ignore it. Why would her bf be with her for that long if he didn't feel anything for her? What is the point in starting this thread if not to wallow in self pity? This board has become so depressing. If you have a problem you obviously need to see someone irl and stop treating people on the internet as psychiatrists. If you think I'm rude you better stay off most of the internet.

But you are the one being negative; the rest of us are offering support

Why not start a thread about something you prefer to discuss?

I think it's wrong to try and tell a person who is suffering to effectively shut up

I like listening to peoples' problems so you speak for yourself as regards finding it depressing

These boards function as a source of support for people so I fail to see what your problem is with this being a supportive environment

What harm is it doing you??
Right can we please stop the arguing and name calling, otherwise this thread will get locked, thanks.
Reply 97
Original post by ZRO
HAHAHAHAHAHA pls stop.

LOL. What has been seen. 47 on a student forum. What is life?

I'd say it's a good job I am here as there wasn't exactly a great deal of compassion being offered to the OP was there?
Reply 98
if you think of in a way that its all relative and juts because 4 or so people call you ugly actually means nothing because there is no such thing as objective ugliness. a couple of peoples opinions do not reflect the whole world and does not make you objectively ugly.

besides there are many important things in this world and shallow physical beauty is not one of them despite what is shoved down our throats by todays culture.
Original post by aeon439
But you are the one being negative; the rest of us are offering support

Why not start a thread about something you prefer to discuss?

I think it's wrong to try and tell a person who is suffering to effectively shut up

I like listening to peoples' problems so you speak for yourself as regards finding it depressing

These boards function as a source of support for people so I fail to see what your problem is with this being a supportive environment

What harm is it doing you??

I see you are new here. Threads like this get posted by the same people multiple times. I don't mind hearing people's problems but this is not something anyone in here can solve. No one on here can make the OP feel better about herself and that includes you. She needs to build her self esteem herself. She is measuring her self worth based on what people around her say which is stupid. The ugly threads should all be merged together for anyone else who feel ugly to look. The advice is always the same yet the 'I'm so ugly' keep threads never end. If you are not happy with what I said ignore it and move on.

Quick Reply